PDA

View Full Version : Softest spike tyres

woodey
01-05-2012, 11:34 AM
I have returned to indoor racing after a couple of years off. We race on a polished wooden floor and 99% of people use schumacher fullspikes yellow. They are ok but only start working when really well worn in. People have tried schumach mini spikes with varying levels of success but i am looking to try something different. Having come from 1/8th rallycross the soft compounds are a lot softer than the equivalent 10th.

Does anyone have any suggestion as a softer spike tyre to the Schumacher range? and what type of insert would you think goes best if any?

eyeayen
01-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Silvers are softer than yellows if that's any help ?

Danny Harrison
01-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I have returned to indoor racing after a couple of years off. We race on a polished wooden floor and 99% of people use schumacher fullspikes yellow. They are ok but only start working when really well worn in. People have tried schumach mini spikes with varying levels of success but i am looking to try something different. Having come from 1/8th rallycross the soft compounds are a lot softer than the equivalent 10th.

Does anyone have any suggestion as a softer spike tyre to the Schumacher range? and what type of insert would you think goes best if any?

Try ballistic buggy tyres in pink compound. Really soft tyres, Prolly wont last long but only a fiver a pair from 'end of line rc'