PDA

View Full Version : Schumacher Superstox G12

morpheus2010
02-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Schumacher have just brought out a 1/12 Superstox car, low cost <£99

Is RVRCC going to allow them to race ?

BRCA have just decided on 2 classes for GT12 Modified GT12.1 or Unmodified GT12.2

7 Classes of Racing
7.1 GT12.1, using brushed or brushless motors as defined in Construction Rules 2, 3, 4 and 5. Cars may be fitted with additional parts not supplied in the rolling chassis kit (see Rule 6.7 and 6.7.1) including a differential in the rear axle, replacements for other parts and home-made parts.

7.2 GT12.2 using brushed or brushless motors as defined in Construction Rules 2, 3, 4 and 5. Cars may only be fitted with parts supplied in the rolling chassis kit (see Rule 6.7 and 6.7.1). A rear axle differential is not allowed.

tisher
02-05-2012, 05:14 PM
any mardave style 12th can race but you will not be included in the spring series then can not be registered for positions in the final at least thats what I think the rules are but I might be wrong:)

singin pete
02-05-2012, 07:05 PM
I have been keeping an eye on all the posts on other forums on this new 12th scale model. The club will watch the development with interest but has no plans to include them.

The rules for Mardave racing at our club are on the website, but if its got a Mardave chassis, Mardave parts, G2 motor and 4 cells it will be included in the league.

The problem with including any non legal cars is they could affect members points.

Every 4/5 weeks we run a couple of "Fun" nights, these new cars could be run on these nights only.

As I have said before the members make the rules we only enforce them, so if they want change and it gets enough votes at the AGM its in!!

Peter

Rigaxe
02-05-2012, 08:43 PM
These do look cool and I have done some reading on the specs size ect and they are virtually the same as a dave even have the same rear axle don't really see why everyone is kicking of I think it's all Healthy competion and just a new cheap way to enter racing as mardaves have been around since the start of time why not have different make like buggy classes they are all made to do the same ......... Make people smile and laugh :thumbsup:

singin pete
02-05-2012, 09:43 PM
We race 10th Buggies and Mardaves. not Buggies and 12th scale at Ribble.

They do look a good piece of kit Mark, but until thing change its Mardaves and buggies.

Peter

tisher
02-05-2012, 09:53 PM
These do look cool and I have done some reading on the specs size ect and they are virtually the same as a dave even have the same rear axle don't really see why everyone is kicking of I think it's all Healthy competion and just a new cheap way to enter racing as mardaves have been around since the start of time why not have different make like buggy classes they are all made to do the same ......... Make people smile and laugh :thumbsup:

the problem is buddy if you say allow any motor any class 1/12 then it ends up like the buggies and you will end up with heats where there is massive difference in lap times between people where as at the moment there is less than a second between the top drivers:thumbsup:

coleman758
02-05-2012, 10:36 PM
The >>>MARDAVE<<< class, needs to stay the same!
The racing is great at the moment, with me and martin giving Kev & Dobs a run for there money.

If anything the only addition would be brushless but again limited to the G2 or 13.5 systems to keep the cars the same.

Rigaxe
03-05-2012, 08:16 AM
yes matt and pete i do agree close racing does make it more fair likr f1 lol looking forward to friday...... its nearly time cant wait!!!!!:thumbsup:

coleman758
03-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Its been ace for the past few weeks!

I was chuffed with 2nd last week, Cheeky overtake past Kev & Dan in the same corner.... Priceless :woot:

Talking of F1.... Have you seen the new Mardave F1?

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99967

The Bod
03-05-2012, 06:53 PM
The >>>MARDAVE<<< class, needs to stay the same!
The racing is great at the moment, with me and martin giving Kev & Dobs a run for there money.

If anything the only addition would be brushless but again limited to the G2 or 13.5 systems to keep the cars the same.

Are you not running a brushless motor in yours :woot:

tisher
03-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Are you not running a brushless motor in yours :woot:

:lol::lol::lol:noooo he just has extra bits in his G2:woot:

I am going to run the 44 tommorow in anger for the first time :D see what I can shakes loose with the daft motor in it:thumbsup:

The Bod
03-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I will be there. New spur gear fitted so hopefully can sort it out once and for all :thumbsup:

tisher
03-05-2012, 07:17 PM
I will be there. New spur gear fitted so hopefully can sort it out once and for all :thumbsup:

yours was running well in the final dude with the additive on the back tyres:thumbsup:

morpheus2010
19-05-2012, 04:06 PM
the problem is buddy if you say allow any motor any class 1/12 then it ends up like the buggies and you will end up with heats where there is massive difference in lap times between people where as at the moment there is less than a second between the top drivers:thumbsup:

Who said Any Motor, Any Class. BRCA have defined GT12 classes and motor/esc classifications. :p

G2 brushed motors/4cell or 13.5 brushless/blinky/1S lipo would limit the power/cost :D

Kit parts only :thumbsup:

Healthy competition would have more in this class running

tisher
19-05-2012, 05:21 PM
i don't know if you would gain more people opening up the class because a lot of the lads that are running stock might get disheartened when you are twice the speed of them and not every one wants to spend big on 12ths I only run mine because its a good laugh and its a bit to hectic running a quick buggy with 10 in a heat ;)

fidspeed
19-05-2012, 06:04 PM
hi to all at ribble
Tish and coleman who i have dealt with on sale section (both decent fellows:D

our club races weekly on wooden floor but approx once a month on a sunday roll out the carpet We too are following an almost identical path regarding supastox schueys

they will be allowed to run alongside the daves but not be eligible for the current series championship , motor regs will be same as our mardave rules

AGM will be the time for rule changes this will give us an evaluation period

1/2th pan cars (loopy unguided missiles ) have their own personal destruction derby :woot::woot:

good luck guys dave fid

tisher
19-05-2012, 07:14 PM
hi to all at ribble
Tish and coleman who i have dealt with on sale section (both decent fellows:D

our club races weekly on wooden floor but approx once a month on a sunday roll out the carpet We too are following an almost identical path regarding supastox schueys

they will be allowed to run alongside the daves but not be eligible for the current series championship , motor regs will be same as our mardave rules

AGM will be the time for rule changes this will give us an evaluation period

1/2th pan cars (loopy unguided missiles ) have their own personal destruction derby :woot::woot:

good luck guys dave fid

Hi Dave I think your pretty much doing what the guys do at our club. Any 12th/dave format can run in the races alongside the g2 run mardaves but they just can not be positioned in the final as it would take away points from people running the championships. eventually I think they might go to 13.5t limit on the cars but that will not be much different to the g2s that are racing and maybe two different classes in championships. Me personaly have nothing against running an open class but it just starts making the class more expensive and silly for everyone we are already doing 3 laps more than the A final buggies just running g2s

fidspeed
19-05-2012, 07:44 PM
hi martin
are daves are currently dual class "open" is 19t brushed or 13.5 brushless 1s lipo
or "stock" 27t 4 cell there isnt a massive difference to be honest ,we have no chassis restrictions or hop ups as were only playing really , more like banger ovals at times:woot::woot:

but like you the "Dave" championships will not be affected (we have not had a schuey ready yet for our carpet meetings but were looking forward to locking horns

good luck with yours and let common sense rule :thumbsup::thumbsup:

regards dave

coleman758
19-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Or we could run 2 cell Dave's with 7.5 brushless motors!

Car £70
RS Pro £190
Redline 7.5 £80
Orion 90c Saddles £80

Mardave overtaking buggys on the streight PRICELESS!
The best fun you will have with 4-wheels!

morpheus2010
20-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Or we could run 2 cell Dave's with 7.5 brushless motors!

Car £70
RS Pro £190
Redline 7.5 £80
Orion 90c Saddles £80

Mardave overtaking buggys on the streight PRICELESS!
The best fun you will have with 4-wheels!

I would baulk at paying £350 to £400 (servo added to above) for kitting out a GT12 class car, :thumbdown: especially when the idea is to keep costs down while having a competition class car.

Limit the batteries to 1S Lipo or 4 Cell NiMH, stock G2 motor or 13.5 brushless. Blinky or Fixed ESC for example.

7.5 brushless, 2S Lipo is positively Bonkers in a GT12 Class car. :wtf:

You can get competition class 1S Lipo's in UK for £40-£50 or budget concious Turnigy Nano-Tech 1S Lipo from HobbyKing < £20 including postage for example. Takes about 2 weeks delivery.

HobbyWing JUStock (£40) is a reasonable brushless ESC if budget is limited for example. The HobbyWing XERUN-120A-1S ESC (~£90) is better as it has a built in voltage boost and can be used in other classes eg. TC or Buggy's if needs be.

The balance between cost and competition is always a factor. Mardaves are cheap and cheerful. By Schumacher bringing in a car within a similar price range but better engineered as standard, could raise the interest in this class.

Certainly the BRCA seems to think so with its recent rules for GT12 :thumbsup:

coleman758
20-05-2012, 03:22 PM
My "Prototype" is exactly what it is.

Im not suggesting an open class, there would be no point. It would end up cheque book racing!

It needs to be one car, one set of electrics be it brushed or brushless.
It will keep the class fair and tight.

Wupding
20-05-2012, 08:47 PM
I was considering buying one of these to go and race at ribble in the mardave class

Pete... Are you saying that even if I am not interested in the mardave championship, I still cannot run one of these cars? My main reasob in purchasing one was to run on a wgeel transmitter to get used to a wheel as i run sticks

Seems a bit odd that even if it is not included in the championship, it still cannot be run alingside the mardaves

singin pete
21-05-2012, 05:16 PM
We run mardaves in the mardaves championship until the members want to change. You can run them on afun night.

morpheus2010
23-05-2012, 01:28 PM
i don't know if you would gain more people opening up the class because a lot of the lads that are running stock might get disheartened when you are twice the speed of them and not every one wants to spend big on 12ths I only run mine because its a good laugh and its a bit to hectic running a quick buggy with 10 in a heat ;)

Why should SS be twice as quick as a 'Dave? It's down to what motors are being used.

Looking at discussions elsewhere there seems to be very little difference with comparable motor/esc systems between 'Daves and SS

Limiting brushless to 1S Lipo - 13.5t or 4 Cell NiMH - G2 motor, it appears to be more to do with car set up and driver style that determines how quick around the track they go.

I agree that there should be some limitations on cost and especially the Motor wind will keep the class competitive.

Chrislong
23-05-2012, 02:24 PM
You can run them on afun night.

Is it not normally fun? :eh?:

cr1tch
23-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Yes racing at ribble is always gud fun, I have come along in the last two weeks an beat dobs and Kev:lol:. How ever it's cost me two new motors to be on form! I really feel that ribble should allow a brushless class as me, Kev and dobs all have mardave vrx CE' s complete with budget lrp 13.5.
How ever they are sat on a shelf gathering dust, I feel that the next seiries should have a brushed an a 13.5, 1cell class. As said in the last posts it all down to set up and the driver. I would be more than will to race any of my daves' against any of the new schumachers, brushed or brushless !

morpheus2010
24-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Quite agree in amendments to the Mardave Class AKA GT12 to include brushless. and the SupaStox car.

It would be reasonable for the competitions to go with the rules/guidelines laid down by the BRCA.

7 Classes of Racing
7.1 GT12.1, using brushed or brushless motors as defined in Construction Rules 2, 3, 4 and 5. Cars may be fitted with additional parts not supplied in the rolling chassis kit (see Rule 6.7 and 6.7.1) including a differential in the rear axle, replacements for other parts and home-made parts.

Or

7.2 GT12.2 using brushed or brushless motors as defined in Construction Rules 2, 3, 4 and 5. Cars may only be fitted with parts supplied in the rolling chassis kit (see Rule 6.7 and 6.7.1). A rear axle differential is not allowed.

GT12.2 would keep costs down and keep the idea of affordable but competitive racing :thumbsup:

It would mean the committee/membership agreeing to the amendments as I understand it.

coleman758
24-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I was considering buying one of these to go and race at ribble in the mardave class

Pete... Are you saying that even if I am not interested in the mardave championship, I still cannot run one of these cars? My main reasob in purchasing one was to run on a wgeel transmitter to get used to a wheel as i run sticks

Seems a bit odd that even if it is not included in the championship, it still cannot be run alingside the mardaves

Technically Yes, Because by driving that you may change the outcome of the Mardave championship.

Just buy a dave! :thumbsup:

singin pete
24-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Leo
You can quote all the BRCA rules that are run by clubs all over the country and all the non BRCA rules that other clubs run, but until the committee are asked to look at changes by most of the mardave racers it stays the same.

Off road is split into two classes around the UK/World-2WD and FWD but it was voted in at the AGM to run them together because thats what most of the members wanted (not what the committee wanted) and we have a good turn out every week so that speaks a lot.

On road is different, if you look at all the rules at all the clubs for Mardave, 12ths and 10ths you will find lots and lots of different sets of rules. Thats because the members from these clubs want to run with different motors/cells/tyres.

The risk of running 2 classes is not having enough racers in each week and making people pay lots of money to beat the top lads, as it is now you can bring a standard Mardave and be in the same class/heats as Kev and Dobs.

Over the last two years the club as changed in lots of ways, we are not afraid of change but it has to be what the members want.

Rant over-bad week.

Peter

tisher
24-05-2012, 05:28 PM
its does not sound like a rant that pete ;) "Just common sense":D

morpheus2010
24-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Yo Pete, Apologies if the discussion invokes you to want to rant, there no need really its only for fun and pleasure at the end of the day.

Not Suggesting running two classes for GT12 (See Below) In fact I preferred the GT12.2 option, Others I have spoken to said RVRCC Mardave section is dominated by a little clique that puts them off ( No offence intended ) so unlikely to want to have fresh competition.

Leo

GT12.2 would keep costs down and keep the idea of affordable but competitive racing :thumbsup:

Leo
The risk of running 2 classes is not having enough racers in each week and making people pay lots of money to beat the top lads, as it is now you can bring a standard Mardave and be in the same class/heats as Kev and Dobs.

Over the last two years the club as changed in lots of ways, we are not afraid of change but it has to be what the members want.

Rant over-bad week.

Peter

cr1tch
24-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Yo Pete, Apologies if the discussion invokes you to want to rant, there no need really its only for fun and pleasure at the end of the day.

Not Suggesting running two classes for GT12 (See Below) In fact I preferred the GT12.2 option, Others I have spoken to said RVRCC Mardave section is dominated by a little clique that puts them off ( No offence intended ) so unlikely to want to have fresh competition.

Leo

Pre next championship ask on-road driver ie mardave driver would they prefare a change?

Class 1
Stock - standard mardave motor, 4 cells any chassis mardave or shuccy

Class two
Modified - 13.5 brushless,blinky mode esc, 1 cell lipo any chassis.

Doing this would give the younger drivers/ less experienced driver a better chance at winning the championship, plus would open the door for new people to attend the club,

tisher
24-05-2012, 09:32 PM
I will be running my stock dave tommorow:thumbsup:looking forward to some close racing :thumbsup:need to get my final points in for the championship:drool: