PDA

View Full Version : Losi 22 advice

rc10andy
10-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Hi, ive previously mentioned im just starting out again in RC, im just wondering if a brushless Losi 22 ready to run would get me away at club level?

Also if anyone can answer these-

Whats the difference between the RTR and a normal kit Losi 22? I know the obvious like no motor, esc and radio gear. Are the shocks different? Tub different?

Alsoshould i buy the losi 22 rtr could i add upgraded bits as bits wear o break?

Thanks for any answers:D

JohnM
10-05-2012, 04:46 PM
I think most parts are the same between the 2 cars, the RTR car comes rear motor only, unless you buy the parts to go mid, although if your racing on worn grass, rear is probably the better way to go, at least that's what most people my way have found.

The RTR does have different shock tops, not that that's a bad thing as a lot of people have been putting them on the race kit. Not sure if the rest of the shock is different.

Naushad
10-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Also you'd prObably need to change tyres in the rtr setup if you don't want to run on dirt tracks... The whole setup is based more for tracks in the states.

TARTMAN
16-05-2012, 11:02 PM
also, the RTR has a geared diff, the kit a ball diff.

The gear diff is great for low maintenance, but the ball diff has more adjustment.

I have the ball, but am going to fit the geared, as smoother. and i like low mainanence lol.

otherwise, not many big differences really.

just depends of you want to build it and add elecs or go the simple route.

I run mine in mid motor and 90% of others i know do as well, but as mentioned, if log grip etc, rear will be fine.:thumbsup: