PDA

View Full Version : RB5 Vega Motor Cover

jackeltrader
10-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi Team Xterme kinsmen!
I have been asked by a couple of people for a more in depth look at how I have used the original RB5 spur cover to enable using any other kind of shell other than the vega ones. Attached are some pictures of me disassembling the gear cover & the car race ready(sort of). I hope it helps!
cheers,
Craig

andoiwebb
31-05-2012, 08:01 PM
hi, what shell is that? looks great.

coleman758
31-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Looks like the Phat Bodys "Rocco"

maduff
31-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Thank you with your photos it was really easy! I had over all parts

ROUMS
02-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Waouh, maduff, you speak english!!!

maduff
07-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Yes ....... it's strange for you?

jackeltrader
15-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Sure is!!

Looks like the Phat Bodys "Rocco"

gazhillAE
11-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Hi Team Xterme kinsmen!
I have been asked by a couple of people for a more in depth look at how I have used the original RB5 spur cover to enable using any other kind of shell other than the vega ones. Attached are some pictures of me disassembling the gear cover & the car race ready(sort of). I hope it helps!
cheers,
Craig

Craig
So to confirm will I need to run the rb5 gear cover on the b4 motor plate or will the b4 one fit with the b4 slipper fitted??????

Dremel work is noticeable that's no problems but regarding what it's held on with I can't tell

Is it just the two motor screws when ther actually tightened up?

Gaz

MHeadling
11-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Gaz, just to add Craig runs an RB5 Vega.

Using B4 parts (motor plate and gear cover) I am sure you could adapt this to the Vega B4.1

Yes the motor screws are what holds the motor plate in position

Get some pics up once you have done it.

rc_penguin
11-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Gaz, just to add Craig runs an RB5 Vega.

Using B4 parts (motor plate and gear cover) I am sure you could adapt this to the Vega B4.1

Yes the motor screws are what holds the motor plate in position

Get some pics up once you have done it.

This will not fit the B4.1 kit. Its possible to do on the RB5 and 201 kits as they both have longer layshafts, and there is space behind the slipper assembly.
On the B4 kit due to the short layshaft the slipper assembly is much closer to the motor plate, no room to place the original B4 motor plate between the Vega motor plate and the B4 slipper assembly.

You can do a similar thing by cutting out a piece of lexan to use as the backing plate though, as thats thin enough to fit (I think)

MHeadling
11-09-2012, 10:50 AM
My bad! :lol:

Didn't realise the B4 layshaft was that much shorter than the Rb5/201.

Easiest option all round is run the new style shell as no gear cover required, looks nice too! :wub

gazhillAE
11-09-2012, 10:12 PM
My bad! :lol:

Didn't realise the B4 layshaft was that much shorter than the Rb5/201.

Easiest option all round is run the new style shell as no gear cover required, looks nice too! :wub

Bollox all this!
Just ordered the shell aswell!
So what has everyone else done for b4.1 with gear over?
:cry: