PDA

View Full Version : London tube or buss access clubs

dancoog
20-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Looking for London's public transport accessable clubs?
I'd be keen on 12th scale or TC if even just to get more radio time.

pro4nut
20-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Sadly mate there is very little racing actually inside london. I live in london and don't drive and have been struggling with this for years.
If you live in north london you can get to dms racing on a thursday night using the 142 bus from brent cross or pick it up from edgware, take the bus to watford junction, terminus stop (or get the train from euston) then catch any local bus to garston bus garage and walk to parmiters school. the handy bit here is the 142 runs till about 3am
eden park is a possibility but not sure on there racing schedule at the moment, they have a train station just round the corner that can be reached via victoria train station.
as far as i know thats about it

JCJC
20-04-2008, 09:27 AM
West London (TC) at Hillingdon is a bit of a walk from the Tube station, have not been there, but know it is well supported.

pro4nut
20-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Really tricky to cart all the kit, did consider it once though, but it rained.

Crystal palace still exist i think?

dancoog
20-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Ive been racing at Eden park and its pretty easy to do, I live north west in NW6 and cart all my kit down via London Bridge..
The guys down there have been super supportive and lent me pitspace and power.

I've been really impressed with the racing community here but I'd love to get more time on the tracks.

Get yourself a pitbag like the one from Upgrade rc with a shoulder strap. YOu will hurt for days but its worth it.

Can you tell me more about the thursday racing? I'd like to check it out even to watch one night as all my kit is offroad for the moment.

pro4nut
20-04-2008, 01:21 PM
http://www.dmsresults.co.uk/ there is some info here,

essentially running touring cars and buggys, no motor rules restrictions ability is the limiter, run on carpet. buggys and tc's in seperate heats, tc's running slicks with additive and buggy's on minipins fast laps are around 9 seconds evening is run as 3 rounds of qualifying style racing with open track practice before hand. Everything is run by darren of dms racing.

Welshy40
21-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Looking for London's public transport accessable clubs?
I'd be keen on 12th scale or TC if even just to get more radio time.

Do you drive, if so then there are a lot of Off raod tracks around the M25 well worth hitting, one of which is a stunning track thats made for the 18th off road nitros but all scales are welcome to race. .as well as a few touring car tracks in London. I used to live in Canary wharf and the only place worth going to was along the A12 to the Colchester club and Ipswich. However DMS is good as well as if i remember I think Crystal Palace on Sunday (if its still there) and a few more around that area. Try apex Models and DMS and find out if they can help you out with clubs. Or You can try Hobby Stores in Camden town as they will know as well, plus the BRCA have various web sites worth checking.