PDA

View Full Version : SORC Round 4

bigchris
23-05-2012, 06:43 AM
hi thought i'd start a thread for round 4 - alls good to go - spoke to mark today ! they have a club round this weekend too if anyones coming through for a practice !

Mr Eccleston
23-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Chris

That's good that you managed to get in touch with someone. Is Mark going to be checking here for people asking about this round.

I need the person organising their round to get in touch with me, do they want anything on Facebook, SORC website, and a list of their handout transponders and colours so that I can get them in the database so we don't have delays on the day.

Would also be nice to have a better map of where the track is and possibly a contact number to be emailed out with the confirmations for the meeting.

Do they have power onsite for everyone to use, pit tents, BBK software (version ?), amb decoder type and connection. do they have wireless and can they share results live.

Is there an area for tents/gazeebos, is there toilets, food/juice.

As they are mainly a nitro club (I think), do they have a the recommended buckets of dry sand incase of a lipo problem.

What time do they intend to arrive and start setting up on the Sunday, will people be able to camp overnight from the Saturday.

A lot of questions, but as it's a new venue would be nice to have the facts.

cheers

Derek

Dave77
23-05-2012, 05:21 PM
hi thought i'd start a thread for round 4 - alls good to go - spoke to mark today ! they have a club round this weekend too if anyones coming through for a practice !

Good to hear its still on after booking a hotel.

I am with Derek on this one, i am travelling a fair way for it as are others, and need a bit more than "round 4 is on".

Would be good to get Mark to stick up details and answer some questions.

Cheers
Ps whats the tyre of choice please :D

KennyClark
23-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Dave.
I think the tyres of choice for 2wd will be yellow mini rear.
Yellow Stagger ribs or the new Low Profile Slim Cut Stagger on the front.
I would love to be running my Vega on this track.
2wd mid motor will be so fast!

discothesnake
23-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Aye, you know your stuff Kenny.

KennyClark
23-05-2012, 06:24 PM
No really.
I just copy and paste stuff from other forums.

John Lindsay
23-05-2012, 06:27 PM
No really.
I just copy and paste stuff from other forums.

Some things never change eh? :p

Dave77
23-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Dave.
I think the tyres of choice for 2wd will be yellow mini rear.
Yellow Stagger ribs or the new Low Profile Slim Cut Stagger on the front.
I would love to be running my Vega on this track.
2wd mid motor will be so fast!

Sounds straightforward enough then cheers Kenny!
I havent bought or used the staggers yet, do they need to go on "slim wheels"? Dont want to be cutting wheels.

KennyClark
23-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Get a set of the centro front wheels Dave.
They are slim and dont need any cutting.

discothesnake
23-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Some people run them o er the full width Dave but I think they work better over a slim wheel with no insert. Cutting the wheel is easy, use curved body shell scissors and cut the inside rim off to leave just two ridges.

Hope this helps

Dave

dasbo
29-05-2012, 08:26 AM
No answers to the questions posed by Derek yet?

discothesnake
29-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Are these guys for real? Cant believe nothing has been heard yet, it's a joke.

If nothing heard by Friday (and Aberdeen guys can get a hotel refund) i would ditch the round and try and run it elswhere or just drop it altogether. Dont want to turn up there and find out we are not racing.

Heard bad things about the BRCA National round they held too.

Dave

jamiew
29-05-2012, 10:48 AM
It's not looking good is it I was gonna book my hotel this week don't think I will bother.:thumbdown:

Let's have RND 4 at nora or falkirk???

Dave77
29-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Great :thumbdown:

I was being as patient as possible, but can the SORC organisers make some sort of call, this is a week on Sunday and it isnt going anywhere fast by the looks of it.

Like I said I am probably in a minority of having shelled out on a non-refundable room, its not going to break the bank, but its pretty irritating all the same. Folk need to make plans of some sort and uncertainty will definitely ensure that even if this goes ahead, the numbers are bound to be very low.

A shame TBH.

dasbo
29-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Luckily I havent booked anything yet, but since I might be coming down with the family in tow, the sooner the better. Otherwise, I might just forget about it.

jim c
29-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi All

i will be in contact Westcoast Raceway, As soon i have contact number which should be today sometime, information to you all soon..

thanks,

Jim C

SORC Chairman

Racing Snake
29-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Round 4 Update

Right guys details:

1) Bring your own tent
2) Bring your own power
3) There is plenty of pit space
4) Toilets are still ????? So bring your own toilet paper (worst case)
5) Meeting will be run as per every other rounds time schedule (practice 8:30am - 9:30am, Drivers Briefing 9:45am & heat 1 start 10am (as long as no problems occur)

Also this will be run like any other Scottish Round so please stop BITCHING as to be quite honest it's becoming tiring. Be constructive & please use your common-sense.

I know people have plans to make etc but this round isn't until the 10th of June so there is still plenty of time to get things finalised.

Now Chris Mitchell will be bringing the are race equipment but in case the worst happens I will have Falkirk's equipment with me. In the case where I (FRCC) have to run this meeting then it will be Pt's ONLY so please pass that on.

Also if I have to run the meeting then all the race fees will go into the SORC bank account, if Ayr run it as mostly likely will be the case then race fees will go too them minus the £20 kitting payment too the SORC.

Now the reason things have been so quiet is because Chris is going through another extremely sad time as he has now lost his mother so give Chris/Ayr a break.

I will be getting in touch with Chris & will endeavour to answer questions

Derek with regards to Ayr's Rt handouts, we'll just treat them like Pt's. The number of people who use them is minimal but due to this it will be the racers responsibility to ensure their allocated handout remains charged. This is the best & easiest solution at this time

Round 4 will go ahead as planned!!!

Regards
John

traffman
29-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Shit ...Im sorry to hear about Big Chris.

My regards.

discothesnake
29-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Sorry to hear about Chris's mother, that is really sad.

As for bitching John, nobody is is bitching. People don't want to turn up and find nothing is happening which is a complete waste of time for everyone. And I haven't hear anyone having a go at Chris.
I was concerned because nobody had heard a word from the people who actually run Kilwinning club.

At least now we can look forward to it with no more bitching

Racing Snake
29-05-2012, 06:31 PM
I know Dave sorry just feels that way sometimes.

Toilet Update

There are toilet facilities at the track which are between the MotoX track & the RC track but please do bring a roll of bog roll with you as the MotoX apparently is very busy.

Don't want anyone caught short lol

Tyres

I've been informed as well that if the track is damp then like all astro becomes very grease/slippy. From experience shumacher green mini-spikes are the best tyre choice in these conditions.

When dry shumacher yellows will be the tyre or possibly cut down ballistic greens

Also remember the conditions will be the same for everyone & this is really a baptism of fire for west coast raceway so lets go there with an open mind

Dave77
29-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Really sorry to hear of Chriss loss, my thoughts are with him at this time.

Thanks for the clarity that its running John, but i hardly think any of the querying was classed as bitching, more of concern over what was happening. I was unaware Chris was the organiser or involved, i only thought he was middle man to try and get things moving......

Anyway, let race! :D

Any cheers for tyre info.

dasbo
29-05-2012, 07:25 PM
So sorry to hear about Chris. My thoughts are with him and his family at this terrible time.

No bitchiness intended John. Just trying to find out what we need to bring to a new venue.

StevieD
29-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Lets hope it can be like the charity event good days racing with no agro.the way it should be.(LET IT BE SUNNY)

whizzy
30-05-2012, 08:42 PM
hi there

spoke to john allen today on the phone and caught up with the lack of information that has been post thanks to john for his posts we will be meeting on sunday at the track to do alterations for running the 1/10ths and also discuss final details and i will let you all know on sunday night what the final details are along

the track after being run all weekend in may by the largescale national hasnt got much sand in it and right now is also very grippy and runs very well and if it turns out like sunday gone it will be a very good and exciting meet

we are not a specific scale club although we started out as a largescale club but we prefere to be classed as a multiscale club as we can run all scales

also please bear with us as the person that should have been posting information has let us down any as said i will put up the final details on sunday evening once we have discussed it and yes people can camp there is toilets and there will be a tuckshop too with juice and sweets

once again sorry for the lateness of my post

martin
westcoast raceway

if any one requires any additional information they can contact me on 01418891800 between 10am and 6pm

Mr Eccleston
31-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Remember guys, just over a week to go and if you still have to enter for this round, please do so via www.sorcinfo.org and click on events.

whizzy
03-06-2012, 07:28 PM
The co-ordinates if your sat nav will take them are.. N 55° 40.410´ W 004° 45.042´

There is also written directions on the Westcoast Raceway home site.
http://www.westcoastraceway.co.uk/where_we_meet.php

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh209/r30james/CCF24092009_00000.jpg

also the nearest post code for the track is KA21 6NG is the postcode for the Lochwood Farm B&B where the turning for this is about 200 metres South of the turning for the racetrack

with only a week away anyone who is going to be camping etc please either pm or phone me on 01418891800 between 10am and 5pm so i can arrange for the gate to be open

there will be a tuck shop with cans crisps etc available

we have also modified the track to make it different from the funday we had so that no one has ran the track that will be used on sunday

martin

westcoast raceway

traffman
04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Thats a pretty big track ...impressive!

jamiew
04-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Anyone camping the sat night???

whizzy
04-06-2012, 07:32 PM
track running length for the 1/5ths and 1/8ths is 375 metres with a 4 metre width at any given point as said we have shortened as we have taken out the back jump and tabletop section but also added in a couple of chicane sections

msxmre
06-06-2012, 05:59 AM
Is anyone going down to the track on the Saturday, what's everyone doing for power? Can we chip in money for petrol to run on someone's generator? Are most people heading down early Sunday morning? Let me know please.
Scotty....

orinoco
06-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Heading down early Sunday morning, need to see if i can get genny fixed or charge up an old 12v battery.

Racing Snake
09-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Have to give my apologise but I'm not feeling great & I'm not going to be attending this round. I was looking forward to this round with a great deal of anticipation at seeing the SORC at West Coast Raceway.

I hope the meeting goes well without any problems

Again Sorry :(:(:(

bigchris
09-06-2012, 11:49 AM
hi guys

For john to miss this meeting is big to my best wishes go to John and thanks for all the help in the last fewweeks - catch up soon mate!

For all the racers - tomorrows meeting will be going ahead as normal and i'd appreciate any help from the SORC members , it will be a good days racing for all!

see you all bright and early tomorrow!

chris

whizzy
09-06-2012, 05:40 PM
john really sorry you cant be down tomorrow

hope we have a great days racing tomorrow and hope the weather stays good for us too

see you all tomorrow

Mr Eccleston
09-06-2012, 06:38 PM
If anyone requires tyres, I have fresh stock from Bruce's Models. Plenty of Yellow mini spikes for 4wd front and rear, also the new 2wd low profile cut staggers in green and yellow.

Plenty of other tyres as well, plus foam inserts.

Martin Wallace
09-06-2012, 07:29 PM
If anyone requires tyres, I have fresh stock from Bruce's Models. Plenty of Yellow mini spikes for 4wd front and rear, also the new 2wd low profile cut staggers in green and yellow.

Plenty of other tyres as well, plus foam inserts.

will the pit area be accessed by our big cars, ie like stonehaven? i take it, it will be flash backs from the 90,s with big batteries for charging unless you have a geni.

whizzy
09-06-2012, 08:54 PM
pit area is use your big car as stonehaven

sidawson
10-06-2012, 07:12 PM
How was today then guys?

whizzy
10-06-2012, 10:53 PM
hi a big thank you to all the racers that turned up today what a great day of racing at the track and hope you enjoyed running at our track

would like to thank big chris for running a fantastic and good meet

a few minor hiccups but we got there in the end and by talking to a few of you that with a few tweaks and things this could be a very good venue for the 1/10ths but on the whole some good feedback but most importantly a great day of racing and hopefully you will want to come back and race as a sorc venue next year

once again thank you for letting westcoast raceway be a venue this year and hope everyone got home safely

martin @ westcoast raceway

msxmre
11-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Had a great time at round 4 yesterday. Track was good(a little hard on the cars) but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Once I got the car dialled set up wise the track and car came together. I'd gladly go back for another round but Martin you should take your shop trackside next time.
Cheers again guys
Scotty....