PDA

View Full Version : New Forrest

jkclifford
31-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Any clubs in the area?

Northern Monkey
31-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi,

There aren't any in the New Forest that I know of. The nearest is probably TORCH between Southampton and Portsmouth.

Al

MrMagoo
31-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Titchfield Offroad Club (TORCH) is pretty close, depending which bit of the Forest you're in. We race pretty much every Sunday morning, and aim to have at least one 'all-day' event a month.

The club website is at www.torchracing.org.uk (http://www.torchracing.org.uk), and has a map so you can find us. We're also on Facbook, see the link in my signture below. We'rea frienly bunch and would love to see you at ore track.

jkclifford
31-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks guys.

Am i right in that it's an astro track?
What's the tire of choice, schuey yellow greens when wet?

MrMagoo
31-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys.

Am i right in that it's an astro track?
What's the tire of choice, schuey yellow greens when wet?

Schuey yellow or blues in the dry, Ballistic Buggy Green in the wet for most people. For 2wd Staggers or Cut Staggers are pretty popular.

benl
01-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Hello mate,
I'm in the New Forest too,
I'm only just starting to get into the whole racing thing.
There's a club that runs in Ashley Heath near ringwood.
I popped down there last Sunday seemed a friendly bunch, South Coast Rc Club i think they are called.
Seemed to be running mainly 1/12th truggys but think they do some 1/10th stuff too.
Thanks
Ben

eyeayen
01-06-2012, 09:17 AM
South Coast RC is just outside Ringwood, they run 10th trucks and 8th Truggies.

I'd make the trip to TORCH though, it's a more organised club, they have good racing there. If you're more up for just having a laugh South Coast is more of a bashers club.

jkclifford
02-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Hopefully will be down on the 10th what time do you normally start racing?

eyeayen
02-06-2012, 04:05 PM
All info you need should be on the club website fella

http://www.torchracing.org.uk/about-torch.php