PDA

View Full Version : WRCA RD5 Caldicot - 10th June

JACKOR33
03-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Only a week to go until the next installment of our regional series......which means back to an old school grass track outside the caerwent venue:thumbsup:
I'm sure the Caldicot boys will be along with full details about their round soon enough;)

Alfie
03-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Can't wait, going 2wd this time to see its all about :thumbsup:

Body Paint
03-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks for kicking off Dave. We do things old skool, on the grass outside our indoor venue.

Pitting is available in the hall and you can use the electric.
Absolutely no generators allowed, sorry.

Track will have no ramps but it is plenty 3D enough, trust me.

We had a committee decision that a wheelchair accessible rostrum is not feesable, not a decision we made lightly and we did explore several possibilities.

Please feel free to contact me off the open forum if you wish to discuss anything, if it's relevant I will update the thread.

Please no pointless ranting about anything at all, I will not hesitate to have you moderated. If you have an axe to grind with anyone about anything,
man up and do it face to face, sorry to those of you that don't deserve to hear my rant but I am fed up with web warriors. Rant over :)

Body Paint
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Ps. If the weather turns against us we will race indoors, we will do our best not get rained off

Pops
03-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Will the grass be short enough!:lol::lol::lol::wub

Teaboy
04-06-2012, 05:37 AM
Looking forward to this, loved it last year. I am only going to be able to do 2wd as i am selling the 4wd to finance a new speedo!!!!

Is it set up on Saturday again?

Cheers

Rich

blue_pinky
04-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Yes and yes to the two questions :)

As soon as we decide on a time for setup we'll post it up!

Another piece of info, unfortunately with Pete B not being 100% fit and well yet we won't be doing the hot food we usually like to do.

We will be selling the usual snacks and pop but that's all this time folks :)

Looking forward to some grass track action, should be a cracker!!! :thumbsup:

Body Paint
05-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Ok, so we may have solution for the wheelchair rostrum.

A couple of us are going to put our heads together and see what we can do on Friday.

Track layout will be Saturday early afternoon, I'll be getting there about 1pm. Any help will be greatfully received, there are jobs for everyone, from fetching and carrying, fencing, rostrum building and of course track laying.

Paul 'none shall pass' Knight will be out with his nail clippers Saturday morning to ensure the grass is short enough for Pops, aka Dave Gooding.

Unfortunately we wont be able to have commentry from our legendary double act Large and Larger due to our busy body neighbour from hell who is still on the warpath. I know how this will devastate most people, especially Mathew Jessop.

DCM
05-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Bluetooth the commentary to peoples phones!!! :lol:

zoaman
05-06-2012, 12:40 PM
being new to the rc.can we just turn up on the day and join or do we have to join at the start of the season.Just looking for more track time to start with.cheerz

DCM
05-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Me and the kids are booked in.

You will need your BRCA licence with you and the entry fee goes up if you miss the booking in deadline, or you can go book in on www.wrca.org.uk

jaysllim
05-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Can i ask if it was to b run in the hall could it be posted on here and facebook and the wrca site so all will no as quickly as possible(so then no one can say they wernt told in time)as i dont want it to turn into a mud throwing contest.also that if it does go in the hall that the shops that will be present bring a selection of indoor tyres so that the people who have been caught out have a chance to get some tyres for the event.

I no that these things might be obvious to most but i thought i would say it as i dont want caldy's good name to be dragged through the mud.

Jay

Body Paint
05-06-2012, 11:34 PM
If we are able to throw mud then we will go indoors, if not it will be business as usual.

I always tell people for that exact reason Jay, so consider everyone told. We will do whatever it takes to make sure we get some racing done.

We will only go indoors if it is lashing down Saturday and forecast is severe for Sunday. Realistically we aren't going to know that till saturday.

My crystal ball says we will be outside, but we have options.

As I've said before this is not a debate, if you want to discuss this then pm me or start a new thread, thank you.

chris-on-wheels
08-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Can't wait, going 2wd this time to see its all about :thumbsup:

Have you booking in yet? Haven't seen your entry

Ian F
08-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Have you got a timetable for the day? Also if you run indoors will the track be laid out already or will you have to build in the morning? Just trying to work out what time to leave
Thanks, Ian

chris (reg) reardon
08-06-2012, 10:08 PM
id leave early if u want good pitting place butty:thumbsup:

Body Paint
08-06-2012, 11:16 PM
We are starting practice at 9 and aim to get first heat running by 10.15

Track will take an hour to build indoors if needed but I don't think we'll be indoors.

migsy
09-06-2012, 03:58 PM
looks like we be outdoors, whats the situation for power supply?:confused:

Belsten
09-06-2012, 05:03 PM
there is power indoors mate, just bring an extension

hit5005
09-06-2012, 05:34 PM
There will be hot food tomorrow hotdogs and bacon sandwiches chocs pop tea coffee and crisps

Teaboy
09-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Huw,

What about tinned burgers :-)

Cheers

Rich

hit5005
09-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Huw,

What about tinned burgers :-)

Cheers

Rich
Don't u mean cats pee in a tin lol

timmy
09-06-2012, 08:16 PM
We are starting practice at 9 and aim to get first heat running by 10.15,

Not sure what time your closing booking in, but im coming up from pembs and hoping to be there around 9.00ish. I've entered online, just dont want to be deleted from the heat lists if im a bit late.

cheers
Tim

migsy
09-06-2012, 09:29 PM
there is power indoors mate, just bring an extension

cheers dave, thanks for letting me know.:thumbsup:

DCM
10-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Cracking day today!

hit5005
10-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Had a top day looking foreword to the next round

JACKOR33
10-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Good track and banter today:thumbsup:
Enjoyed qualifying more than the wet finals mind with all wet grass clogging up my 2wd and ruining my result just like andy n and quite a few others:o
Top day all the same tho:D

Well done team caldicot on your round!

DCM
10-06-2012, 07:04 PM
My grass deflectors worked a treat!!! :thumbsup:

acorn28
10-06-2012, 07:09 PM
My grass deflectors worked until the final, never mind, cracking day all the same!

MORG185
10-06-2012, 07:42 PM
great day racing. good old school grass track. :D well done caldicot.

Roy
11-06-2012, 06:26 AM
Really good days racing, the weather only added to the enjoyment.

Congrats to everyone involved in running the day, thanks to "Mrs Huw" for keeping us fed and watered, Chris for keeping the paperwork in order and Andy for sorting the mis-laps ;) ;).

peetbee
11-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Gutted to have missed our own event, glad everyone seemed to have a good time:thumbsup:

Dyna
11-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Great day no doubt - some more cunningly designed grass deflectors need to be designed though :lol:

But the important point is - did anyone get a picture or video of Reg getting his car stuck in the centre corner tyre for 8 laps ??

If so please let me know and ill get it in the report :thumbsup:

jaysllim
11-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks to caldy members and especially haggis brain wave about the straight making it possible for me nd chris to run,track was awesome no need for jumps the tracks own dips nd bumps wer used to great effect so thanx guys for the great day,my grass deflectors did there job deflecting all thw muck away from the drive shafts but they then deflected it to the inside ov my wheels so my final was cut short lol but thanx to haggis again for the help with car,thanx to snake for being my caddy (i was the bag of clubs tha got pushed all day lol) all day.

jaysllim
11-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Ow ye wer the last report nd pictures?

Dyna
11-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Ow ye wer the last report nd pictures?

Dont worry Jay, they are being worked on as i speak !

However they take a lot of time - 2 separate reports from Talywain to write, with nearly 650 pictures ive had to go through to get down to 50... plus uploading them.. plus captions... plus this weekends Caldicot report and pictures to get from people to go through.... and all the above to that report...

They will be up soon :lol:

jaysllim
11-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Dont sound like much mate thought ud have pulled ur finger out lol i was more wondering wer it would be published,on here or wrca or both kinda thing coz i did like ur last report so intrested in reading ur other reports.gd luck nd cant wait to have a read mate

b4rac3r
13-06-2012, 11:40 AM
thanx to snake for being my caddy (i was the bag of clubs tha got pushed all day lol) all day.

No worries mukka:thumbsup:

I too had a fab day even tho i only made the C final and only finished 4th after (like little acorn) my grass deflectors decided to work alllllll day except when it reeeeeally mattered with 2 laps to go:mad::mad::mad:

Great track and setup and the banter was outstanding as usual

I very much doubt any of the other regions have as much fun and piss taking as us

chris-on-wheels
13-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Carl this might cheer you up. You finished 3rd not 4th

axeman
13-06-2012, 06:39 PM
oops in nearly upon us.
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=664418#post664418

migsy
13-06-2012, 06:50 PM
was a great days racing, big thank you to the lads at caldicot for laying an awsome track to race on.

i know the weather was against us but really speaking, it just added to the off road rather than spoil it.

lets hope the next round is as good as the last one.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: