PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for racing on the 10th

Maxbashing
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi all,

As today was a total washout :thumbdown: I was wondering if anyone who isn't going to the regionals is up for racing. I have spoken to Dave and he can't make it but I am happy to try and arrange something if people are up for it. I am going to see if I can get some software to time laps on my laptop or we could just use the old fashioned method.

If you are interested can you let me know, I have no issues with trying to get this sorted but don't really want to put in loads of effort if no one is around.

I am not sure if we should run on the grass or mud so if anyone has any preferences let me know and we'll go with that.

So stick a note on here or send me a PM. I think if we can get about 8 people or more it will be worth trying to get something sorted. I know it's not usual to run a race on a regional day but I guess there are a few of us who'd like a race and won't be going.

Max

racingdwarf
03-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Good stuff mate:thumbsup:, I will see if I can get the program we use copied I will have to make sure it's ok with the chap who wrote it for us, as with small number it is the best i have found to use.

kaylon
04-06-2012, 05:46 PM
I might be able to make it... but can't guarantee it atm.

I have timing software on my netbook but the battery only lasts for about an hour lol...silly little thing.

J

MattPound46
04-06-2012, 07:55 PM
I am free if it is going ahead, Dave do I need to see u first to take part?

Maxbashing
04-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Thanks Dave that would Ace. I've downloaded something called rc laps free, at this point it's confusing the heck out of me.

J- brilliant, would be good to see you if you can make it. I will be bringing the van which has a power supply we could use for you notebook if need be.

Matt- it would be ace to see you there, several people will be off at regionals so might be a good week for your first racing.

racingdwarf
04-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks Dave that would Ace. I've downloaded something called rc laps free, at this point it's confusing the heck out of me.

J- brilliant, would be good to see you if you can make it. I will be bringing the van which has a power supply we could use for you notebook if need be.

Matt- it would be ace to see you there, several people will be off at regionals so might be a good week for your first racing.

Yer RC laps is ok, and more of a full blown system that will run a more typical type race meeting,great as long as you have a good number of racers that don't arrive late or leave early:lol:, also you have to trick the ability bit,sort xtals etc etc, I have it on one of our laptops and intend to use it at one of our club meets with 16+ people.

racingdwarf
04-06-2012, 08:50 PM
I am free if it is going ahead, Dave do I need to see u first to take part?

Na mate, just head down there and have fun:thumbsup:

Maxbashing
04-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi guys,

I popped to the track this evening to quench my desire for some racing. Was a bit muddy but was fun. Thought I'd share a couple of pics my Mrs took.

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q626/Maxbashing/SAM_0225.jpg

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q626/Maxbashing/SAM_0224.jpg

Being a good girl she has offered to come and do the lap timing/counting next week!

craigieboy46
05-06-2012, 08:26 AM
hi ya mate sounds like a plan ill be up for it

Shaun_TLR
05-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Ill be there !

MattPound46
05-06-2012, 10:49 AM

I don't think mine is up for racing. But will come down to meet you all and to at least get some practice.

Maxbashing
07-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Ok so that means there is only 4 of us to race which doesn’t really work and looking at the forecast Sunday look PANTS:thumbdown:. Therefore I am not sure it’s worth the effort. However the weather is looking a little more promising for Saturday so I was wondering if anyone was up for some practice on Saturday afternoon? Grrr where is summer hiding??

I have spoken to Shaun and we are both free from about 2:30 (ish) would be good if anyone else felt like joining. If it does trun out to be better than expected on Sunday I might well still head to the track for a spin about.

kaylon
07-06-2012, 03:26 PM
I'll try and make Saturday... have a new toy, well...might have it built for then :)

Can anyone guess what it is ???? :)

J

Jamax
08-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi,
I have missed the last couple of racing sundays so am keen to get back to it. Weather looks better for Sunday, saturday still blowing a hoolie! Find xc weather normally reliable for few days ahead.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/salhouse

I will pop down sat 2:30 and see you.

Cheers
James
Orange / White Madrat

Maxbashing
08-06-2012, 04:21 PM
It will be cool to see you there James. If the weather does do what is predicted I think I will try and get down Sunday too. I'm up for as much practice as I can get!!

losi8rob
08-06-2012, 07:44 PM
i will pop down sunday toooooo :thumbsup:

Maxbashing
08-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Cool well looks like could be a couple of days of practice atleast. I think if we are gonna do sunday it should be earlier rather than later as I think if there is gonna be any good weather it will be in the morning.

Dufty07
08-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Please be careful on the steps, they are loose in places so make sure the kids keep clear, and hold the sides as you go up. Hope you have a good day, and fingers crossed for the weather:thumbsup:

losi8rob
09-06-2012, 04:44 PM
What time are we meeting in the morning ?

Maxbashing
09-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Well what a lovely afternoon (Shame I broke so much) it was good to meet those who popped down. I am planning to head down for a blast in the morning. With the weather in mind I intend to make it early door so will be at the track at 9:30-10, it would be cool if anyone fancies joining me. I'm not sure how long I'll stay as I'm now running on a bodged set of yokes having broken 2 today!!:(:confused:

Shaun_TLR
09-06-2012, 08:18 PM
at least you didn't break a chassis in two.............. :(

Maxbashing
09-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Hmmm this is true.... To be fair though I wasn't f*#king around seeing I could do backflip was I...:eh?:

Shaun_TLR
09-06-2012, 10:03 PM
oooooshh !!!!! :thumbsup:

Maxbashing
10-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Well what a brilliant day!:lol:

I loved the moment there was a pair of T-Maxx's, B4,hellfire, TLR 22, Losi 8ight and an Inferno VE all racing around the track together. Perhaps we should start a new class of racing... The extra entertainment provided by the man stacking 2 planes and a helicopter is always welcome too.

I think that more casual practice is definitely called for through the summer.:wub

losi8rob
10-06-2012, 05:34 PM
What he said above :p

Dandare
10-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I think that more casual practice is definitely called for through the summer.:wub

Casual practice ? that won't win you races :p

Glad you had a good'un, we got lucky regarding the weather, sounds like you did too..

Looking forward to a cracking turn out for the end of month !

Maxbashing
10-06-2012, 06:37 PM
To be fair I'm not sure anything is ever gonna win me races!!

Definitely fingers crossed for next Sunday, with the date being what it is do we have to give Dads a head start??:p

racingdwarf
10-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Glad it all went well! take it you ran on the dirt from what Ive read

Maxbashing
11-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Yer it was mainly on the dirt. Shaun, Craig and I had a bit of buggy racinv on the grass. I was amazed how different it is to drive on when it's properly dry.

Dave I have sent you a PM regarding plane crashing man!!

losi8rob
11-06-2012, 06:12 PM
plane man lmfao :lol: