PDA

View Full Version : FREE RACING!!

cyclone tone
10-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Telford Model Car Club will hold its first meeting on Tuesday 19th June, and because it is our first meet on the new track, racing will be FREE on this evening.
Times for opening and booking in will follow shortly.
You can find out more about Tmcc's new track here..
http://www.facebook.com/TelfordMCC

Click 'like' this page to get news and updates.

crtpromachine
12-06-2012, 06:26 PM
What scales and classes will you be running at this open evening as the track looks the dogs boll****;

Very interested in attending

Details and Directions would be much appreciated please

Gregors
13-06-2012, 02:30 PM
I understand its only 10th electric but could be wrong

cyclone tone
13-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Telford Model Car Club (https://www.facebook.com/TelfordMCC) The track/club will be catering for 1/10 electric buggies & Short Course trucks. We will not be racing any Nitro classes due to planning restrictions on the site.

The track is situated on the A41 just south of Weston Heath and the crossroads of King's St/Plough Bank. The entry to the track is directly off the A41 adjacent to a large oak tree.

We will aim to have a committee member on-site for around 5:00-5:30 to open the gate. With racing starting around 7:00-7:30. There will also be full AMB timing available.

Jonesy
13-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Just get Bish to finish work early and open up!

Although I haven't been involved in the set-up and not ran on it I've been down to look at the track (with Bish's approval) and it looks very good!

I'm hoping to be down next Tuesday although I'm in owrk until 5:30 PLUS it is Englands last game in the group at Euro 2012 so my first visit may be on hold for a week!

If I'm not there on Tuesday I wish you good luck :thumbsup:

Jonesy
19-06-2012, 09:40 AM
So who is going tonight then? I'll be there but not until after 6:30. Looking forward to the trip down :thumbsup:

Jamie B4
19-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Any chance of a post code please as i will be there but not too sure what time

J

Phil Channon
19-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Try TF11 8RZ.
I hope to be there also, about 6/6.30

styleone
19-06-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm there, along with the scenes favourite racing cook Sir David 'The Install' Williams ;) should be a good meeting if the currant bun stays out for us....good to see Jonesy making the pilgramige, lovely :)

Jonesy
20-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks to Bish, Mounty and the rest of the Telford crew for last night, I really enjoyed the new track!

Hopefully Bish will confirm but there may be plans for a race this coming Sunday, if it goes ahead I would advise everyone to get down there!

PS: Don't let Bish loose on the computer again, he's getting to old for this type of thing! :woot:

styleone
20-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks to Bish, Mounty and the rest of the Telford crew for last night, I really enjoyed the new track!

Hopefully Bish will confirm but there may be plans for a race this coming Sunday, if it goes ahead I would advise everyone to get down there!

PS: Don't let Bish loose on the computer again, he's getting to old for this type of thing! :woot:

+1 I can only echo Jonesy's words. Well done to all involved in bringing us exactly what we needed, a well thought out, friendly and super easy to find local off-road track. Special thanks must go to Bish who dedicated his time and efforts as 'timing jockey' for this first club event. Well done Paul and the rest of the crew with creating a wonderful venue :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The track lay-out was really nice and what I lacked in ability was made up for by having stacks of fun...and thats what it is all about :thumbsup:.....just need to lose a little excess sand and it will be a ripper...top job guys

It was really good to see some faces that have been in hibernation during the long cold winter...I even caught up with everybodys favourite landlord and micro fiend, Stu Mac who popped in to wish us all well. Daz Johnson created many a giggle around the boot of my van and backed up by Dave 'It Aint Half Hot Mum' Williams it was lovely to spend the evening with smiling faces.

Long may these events continue I say :)

Ritchie T
20-06-2012, 03:23 PM
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/774/20120619204603.jpg

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7233/20120619210144.jpg