PDA

View Full Version : FS2 Kick up and Anti Squat

snowmiu19
15-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Hello Guys

Refering to the table below. Can someone explain to me how do i read this.

For example for Rear Anti Squat:
Under Rear block means the RF or RR block?? i get confuse over this orientation. What direction do you normally look at the car from?

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb4/snowmiu19/ScreenShot2012-06-15at93349AM.png

Thanks

Regards
Calvin

Peakki
15-06-2012, 07:46 AM
As you can see from the chart, the more you put shims under the front part, the more you get antisquat.
And also, the more you put shims under the front part, the more kickup you get.

Rear: Front block(RF)=near the batteries
Front: Rear block(FR)=near the steering and motor

Hope this helps you.

adon30
15-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Front kick up is via shims under the front suspension blocks on the car. Most setups run 0-2 shims under the back most block (on front suspension).

For anti squat this is the two rear suspension blocks. Common settings for high grip astro are usually 3 under front block and 1 under rear block (on rear suspension).

RogerM
15-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Kickup :- the shims go under the FORWARD MOST block (less shims = more kickup)
Whilts it is possible to adjust hinge pin height by adding a spacer under the rearmost FRONT block and removing an equal sized spacer from under the FORWARD MOST front block this is very rarely done

Antisquat :- this is adjusted with shims under BOTH blocks.
(Ideally you want to adjust the antisquat without affecting the hinge pin height so if you want to increase the anti-squat by the equivelent of the 2 pip spacer your best off making a change of an extra 1 pip under the FORWARD most rear block & adding a pip spacer under the REAR most rear block.)

A lot of people don't do this and just add or remove a spacer from either the front or rear block (normally rear as easiest to get to).

You can increase anti-squat by adding spacers under the FORWARD MOST block and/or removing spacers from under the REAR MOST block.

Say if you wanted to get 2.25deg anti-squat, you have 4 options (although best not to put a 4 pip spacer under the FORWARD MOST block as this can cause issues with the block touching the driveshaft).
If you achieved it via having the 3 pip block under the FORWARD mount and 2 pip under the REAR block you would have a higher hingepin height than if you achieved it by a 1 pip spacer under the FORWARD block and no spacers under the REAR block.
Generally (as a rule of thumb) a higher hinge pin will give less grip mid & late corner than a low hinge pin.

Hope that has helped (but expect it has probably confused instead)

rcpower
15-06-2012, 05:22 PM
How do a change of these settings (kickup/anti-squat) effect the car handling?

more kickup = ?
less kickup = ?

more anti-squat = ?
less anti-squat = ?

Thx,
M