josh_smaxx
01-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Silver springs all round
30wt in rear
40wt in front
-2 camber all rouns
parallel toe
rest as kit

Thats what i ran and it felt very good with GRP conespikes on, i also hade losi red pistons in the front and orange in the rear (blue in rear is better) but kits works good too.

johnboy
01-05-2008, 09:08 PM
thanks ive got the losi pistons in just need to change oil

josh_smaxx
01-05-2008, 09:09 PM
The best outdoor setup id Rishard Lowes BJ4 WE setup, i sont know what it is or where it is mind but its meant to be dialed.

Mike Hudson
01-05-2008, 09:18 PM
30wt losi blue rear with silver spring
40wt losi red silver spring front

inside hole on the rear tower and inside on the wishbone
front inner on tower and outer on wishbone

Arn0
01-05-2008, 10:53 PM
setup for b44: http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11094&postcount=2

Setup for bj4we: http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5491&postcount=2

B44&501xRacerEX
02-05-2008, 03:32 PM
hi just wanting to know a good base set up for a b44 outdoors please

Here's mine...:thumbsup:
I also did the rear end washer mod thingy.
So I dont tumble as often, that had to be the cause because my driving is good. Maybe with 60wt oil in the front and 40wt in the rear I wont tumble as
often. But I think it turned out great.:D

Also note the green springs on the front, and silver in the rear.
This is the setup I did for loose dirt. Because I bought this car for that reason.
Shaft-drive is badA$$ outdoors.

c0sie
07-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Those of you running Losi pistons....would I be right to presume that you are running full Losi shocks and not just AE shocks with Losi pistons??

Thanks

ashleyb4
07-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Very much doubt it as AE springs dont fit losi shocks and losi rear silver springs are really hard so proberly AE shocks and springs but losi pistons.

Yes im bored.

A

B44&501xRacerEX
08-05-2008, 02:29 AM
I'm sure most of you know this but, the thicker the oil the faster the
shock piston pushes outward.

I found this out the other day trying it for myself..:thumbsup:
I tried 40wt, then 60wt and the 60wt pushed out faster.

sparrow.2
08-05-2008, 05:32 AM

Then you've gone wrong somewhere and have got way too much oil in your shocks. You need to bleed them properly.
Without a spring on the shock shaft should just come out a little (like 1cm) and the "speed" at which it comes out is fairly irrelevant.

If you observed this with springs on you went wrong also and need to rebuild/bleed the shocks again.

josh_smaxx
08-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Those of you running Losi pistons....would I be right to presume that you are running full Losi shocks and not just AE shocks with Losi pistons??

Thanks

I am running AE shocks with losi pistons, but im moving fully to losi shocks when i get the chance to rebuild them.

johnboy
08-05-2008, 08:50 AM
ive losi pistons in my ae shocks red front blue rear. springs are blue front and silver rear and the oil is losi 37 1/2 wt all round . indoors at york this goes very well for me outdoors i think i will just drop the oil wt

Lee
08-05-2008, 08:54 AM
johnboy, just drop to 30 wt in the rear ;)

BMAG

Your ace, how can a thicker oil make the shaft move quicker:lol:

And 60wt up front sounds a bit overdamped when running a green spring also:thumbdown:

bigred5765
08-05-2008, 09:38 AM

omg
jimmy how can you let this person carry on giving duff advice on here,words like Witt and half come to mind when i think about him,if thats how your shocks are working, may be you need to ask someone who knows how to build them properly, to show you how to do it,

josh_smaxx
08-05-2008, 02:48 PM
omg
jimmy how can you let this person carry on giving duff advice on here,words like Witt and half come to mind when i think about him,if thats how your shocks are working, may be you need to ask someone who knows how to build them properly, to show you how to do it,

Agreed, as much as i dont like downing people on public forums i have to agree there.