PDA

View Full Version : Weight bias on a Cougar SV

Chris_d
03-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm relatively new to buggies having bought sv a while back and i'm just wondering if the following weight bias is roughly correct.

FR=308g RR=505g

FL=300g RL=507g

rough maths give this a 38/62 ish split front to back

The only weight I have added is to counter balance the rather heavy ESC, plus the servo is a full size digital not a low-profile, no brass nose weights anywhere etc.

The other items you may need to give a better idea, schumacher stagger rib and mini spike rears, normally raced on med to high grip astro with small tabletop jumps.

My question is basically is this out of the ideal range for a cougar and should I be shifting the esc and the counter-weight forward or back to where is should be.

Cheers,
Chris

john333
03-07-2012, 07:45 PM
I did what you did and put some weight in to counterbalance the speedo, and I also put some under the servo. Just add weight at the front until the car flies straight and level

moth898
04-07-2012, 04:52 AM
I did this a while ago, I hope it helps you.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46809&highlight=perfect+cougar

If you need more rear traction add the zero trail steering nuckles

Chris_d
04-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks for info, interesting thread.

The ESC I have is a Schulze so quite large, I think I have to add something like 80g to the pinion side to get anywhere near balance.

I might add some nose weight in for this weekend as I do have grip roll "issues" to try and overcome, most of which have been cured by ditching the cut staggers and going back to a low stagger rib on the front.

Friends of mine run the 22 and have done the same with the zero trailing knuckles, do you know which knuckles will fit the sv?

Cheers
Chris

moth898
05-07-2012, 01:01 AM
They are from Schumacher

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/New_Cars_and_Parts/Cougar_SV2/U3934.html

The last mod I made to the car was a shorty lipo across the back, zero trail knuckles, +8mm chassis along with trishbits noseweight. I also made a brass weight to fit right under the pinion. It ran pretty good in the dirt, the lighter lipo helps alot.

Chris_d
05-07-2012, 11:46 AM
I was hoping you were going to suggest a nice cheap alternative to the Schumacher ones... £30.. ouch. :bored:

Chris

moth898
05-07-2012, 12:02 PM
all good things in life don't come cheap;)