View Full Version : Racing this coming Saturday 7th?
05-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Just wondered whether racing was on this coming Saturday? Got the chance of taking the day off work but only want to take the days holiday if your running. With all the rain we're predicted for tomorrow, how does the track hold up? Will it drain enough to be ok to race on? And finally, what time should I get there for open practice etc? Really looking forward to the regional Sunday and been meaning to come down to you guys for a while now, damn Saturday working! Lol.
06-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Yes, there is a Club Meeting Scheduled at Hinckley for Tomorrow matey!:thumbsup:
In general, The Grass Drains pretty well...........the only place where it sometimes gets alittle Boggy, is at the Rear, where we usually have the Main Straight. When this happens, we usually Move the Track further in, a Metre or two, which solves the problem!:cool:
As we're Holding a 2WD Mid-West Regional on Sunday as well, we'll be Saving the usual Grass area for that.
The Track for the Club Meeting Tomorrow, will be on the Grass just to the Left of the Rostrum.
Most Drivers usually Arrive around 11.45-12.00........'Booking In' & 'Open Practice' is shortly after!
To be honest, the Weather Reports recently, really have'nt been that Accurate........I think it'll just be the case of Waking up Tomorrow & seeing what the Weather is like.
A Collection of Hinckley Members/Commitee generally go down to the Track around 9.30am every Saturday, to Access the Ground & see if its Suitable to Race on.
A Post will then be Placed onto the HRCCC Website & on HERE around 10am, with a Verdict!:)
06-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Nice one! Many thanks!
I'll keep an eye on whats happening and hope that the weather holds up a little. You're right in saying the forcasts haven't been all that accurate recently so here's hoping to a nice day!
Hopefully there tomorrow if not will definately be down Sunday! :thumbsup:. Looking forward to getting back on grass!
06-07-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm afraid to say that racing tomorrow has been cancelled.
Myself and Mark Stevens have already ventured down to the track today to assess the track... with all the rain we've had over recent days the track is incredibly boggy all over and there are massive puddles forming over most of the track which is something that we've never seen before on this ground.
Weather for the next few days suggests much of the same all weekend so there's no way that it'll drain well enough for racing tomorrow.
Judgement for the HRCCC regional on Sunday is still under discussion and will be communicated once a final decision has been made.
Sorry guys - but unfortunately we dont control the weather :thumbdown:
06-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Ah gutted! Hopefully things will clear up soon so we can at least get some racing in on Sunday! If you could let us all know as soon as possible whether the meeting is a go ahead for Sunday that would be great. Really want to get some racing in this week and therefore will make other plans if the weather unfortunately has to call off Sunday.
Fingers crossed it dries up!
06-07-2012, 07:25 PM
thers no raceing on sunday now!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.