PDA

View Full Version : SV2 Diff rebuild problem

Skelbo
08-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Guys. I'm looking for some help. I have rebuilt my SV2 diff but I am not getting any diff effect at all once built.

I am using all new parts except the male/female out drives, the gear itself and the 2 bearings. The rest is new - washers, screws, thrust and t/c balls.

I tighten it all as normal and back it off 90 degs. It is so tight that I can not move it at all. If I back it off an extra 45 or 90 degs I can finally get it to move (just) but it is still very tight and only one side of the diff will move. Zero diff effect. If I hold both sides I can just about get the gear to slip.

I have taken it apart and rebuilt again 3 times, with the same result. No matter how much I tighten or loosen there is no diff effect.

I am clearly getting something wrong, but when I built the kit originally it went together fine. Same instructions, same me! So what am I doing wrong?

gaz1318
08-07-2012, 03:16 AM
have you got both spacers in

Cruise
08-07-2012, 05:20 AM
gear is directional.Look for the slight raised bearing fit .This has to go on the male side.

Cruise

Skelbo
08-07-2012, 05:43 AM
Spacers, yes. Directional gear is a very good shout, thanks. That sounds like it could be the answer. Will report back later.

Skelbo
08-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Thanks Cruise. Problem solved.