PDA

View Full Version : TORCH Summer Series Round 4 All Day - 15/7/12 - Supported by RudeBits & Schumacher

MrMagoo
09-07-2012, 11:26 AM
So, who's up for another all day meeting then? 4wd with the K car for me, see if I can put the last couple of weeks electrical and mechanical gremlins behind me:thumbsup:

JamesRumble
09-07-2012, 12:33 PM
I'll be there, looking forward to it, hopefully the weather will be considerate to us or not.

AmiSMB
09-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I will be there for some relentless racing :thumbsup: Bring it on!

makinwaves
09-07-2012, 01:32 PM
I'll be there too. Hopefully it'll be sunny, although that means Fribbers' shorts will be on show again.... :cry:

Will be bringing the shop too but no Simon or gazebo so if anyone has a gazebo space for me and some stock it'd be well appreciated :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mark

Robocop
09-07-2012, 03:45 PM
I hopefully will be there this time

Northern Monkey
09-07-2012, 04:10 PM
I'll be there too. Hopefully it'll be sunny, although that means Fribbers' shorts will be on show again.... :cry:

Will be bringing the shop too but no Simon or gazebo so if anyone has a gazebo space for me and some stock it'd be well appreciated :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mark

Your always welcome buddy :thumbsup:

hotrodchris
09-07-2012, 05:22 PM
if parts arrive in time for the 210 will be running that if not might just sit back and let Stuart run!:confused:

jamiekerr14
09-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Im in aslong as weather is half decent!

hotrodchris
09-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Im in aslong as weather is half decent!

Cmon Jamie your a big boy now you have left Uni and can come out in the wet!

Lol:woot:

freddie
09-07-2012, 08:24 PM
I will be down for this !!:thumbsup:

jamiekerr14
09-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Cmon Jamie your a big boy now you have left Uni and can come out in the wet!

Lol:woot:

haha unless its inches of rain I will be down... got to get a 2nd lipo and order my new R10 :thumbsup:

No idea why I have sold the Tekin.. think I becoming John C and becoming a brand Whore :D:p

Jonnyboy
09-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Hey mark we will have a gazebo so you can pit with the dorset crew if you like

MrMagoo
09-07-2012, 08:56 PM
If you need a lift let me know Mark, no problem to pick you up... should have plenty of space in the car, plus I'll have the gazebo with me.

Collegeboy
09-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Sunday can't come quick enough, so looking forward to racing at TORCH again. Just hope I'm a bit quicker than last time. See you Sunday:thumbsup:.

Colin, are you coming this week, there's room in me gazebo for you and the boy.

The Chef
09-07-2012, 09:52 PM
OH YEAH BABY,Im in:D:D:D

RobW
10-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Jack and I will be there as long as it is not stupidly wet. Be nice to have a dry meeting - stripping down 2 cars after every wet meeting is getting a bit dull.

Jack proved he can drive with a broken arm on Sunday - definitely no slower. He is getting closer and closer to me each meeting. I predict either this meeting or Stotfold regional he'll out-qualify me. It is only a matter of time....

Rob

makinwaves
10-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Cheers Al,

I'll see you under the gazebo bright an early!

Thanks for the offer John but with all the shop stock I'm not sure it'll all fit in your passion wagon.

Fingers crossed for some sun...

Jonnyboy
10-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Passion wagon ??? Must be a different John lol

maseace
10-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Should be my first time in 9 months how time flys, can't wait to see the track.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

M.Andrews
10-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Sunday forecast according to weather.com is 'Mostly Cloudy with 0% chance of rain'. Hope this is true with no chance of rain!!!.
Looking forward to racing this weekend,not raced for a while!.
Bring on Sunday!.:thumbsup:

Superstar
11-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Hi guys,

You might have seen a thread I started recently on the 1/10 off road section about moving to the area soon. Anyway I am down for a few days starting from this weekend and thought I could bring my 2wd and try out TORCH.

I notice though that it is your summer series. Would this be okay to race? Im not a world beater but Im not a newbie either :p

If it is all cool whats the situation on power. Is there any available or if not is there someones power I can run my extension off of?

Cheers
Josh

martin so16
11-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi guys,

You might have seen a thread I started recently on the 1/10 off road section about moving to the area soon. Anyway I am down for a few days starting from this weekend and thought I could bring my 2wd and try out TORCH.

I notice though that it is your summer series. Would this be okay to race? Im not a world beater but Im not a newbie either :p

If it is all cool whats the situation on power. Is there any available or if not is there someones power I can run my extension off of?

Cheers
Josh

come on down josh your more than welcome we dont have power on site so its a 12volt or someone might let you plug into a gen

hotrodchris
11-07-2012, 07:29 PM
come on down and join the fray Josh then Al will have another Sheffield boy to cry to about how he always gets picked on !

Lol

I'll have a genny running so might be able to piggy back off that?

Superstar
11-07-2012, 09:41 PM
That would be awesome Chris will just plug my extension in if thats cool? Sounds like the weather is going to be okay so will be down if its not raining heavy with my 2WD.

So if I make it just look out for an MG ZR in X-power grey (thats actually what the colour is :p )

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

hotrodchris
12-07-2012, 05:06 PM
I'll hang a Leeds flag out so you feel at home if you want Josh????????:woot:

Lol

Superstar
12-07-2012, 05:28 PM
A Sheffield Wednesday one would be more fitting :p

shaun m
12-07-2012, 08:52 PM
ill be there aswell , depending on the weather ( just got to sort my esc software out , speedpassion and sp5.5t motor in a cat sx2 )

see you all sunday :woot:

Northern Monkey
13-07-2012, 08:05 AM
A Sheffield Wednesday one would be more fitting :p

Good lad :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::lol:

Superstar
13-07-2012, 10:03 AM
ahaha I was worried when I posted that you might have been from the dark side lol but its all cool :thumbsup:

I have been looking online for times for the day, to to arrive, practice open, first heats ect. I presume its different time frame to the usual club meeting info I found?

Northern Monkey
13-07-2012, 10:36 AM
I'll probably be there some time after 6.30 to start setting up. But most start arriving between 7 and 8 practice 8.30 ish with a view to start racing between 9 and 10. But depending on weather and numbers that schedule can be organic :lol:

Look forward to meeting you on Sunday mate :thumbsup:

DragonRider
13-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi guys

Bit of a long shot here but have been left in it by a UK based shop.

Ordered Front & Rear springs for my Losi 22 and the shop was happy to take my money, now more than 24 hours later I get an email saying they will get the fronts on order and ship out the rears to me. So another UK shop selling items they do not have in stock but will still happily take your money.

So my question is?

I need Front Blue & Rear Pink springs for a Losi 22, can be new or used will have the cash at TORCH on Sunday.

Hoping someone can help.

Cheers

Mark

Superstar
13-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Right okay great stuff. Weather reports look good too :)

Yeah you too mate :thumbsup:

makinwaves
13-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Hi guys

Bit of a long shot here but have been left in it by a UK based shop.

Ordered Front & Rear springs for my Losi 22 and the shop was happy to take my money, now more than 24 hours later I get an email saying they will get the fronts on order and ship out the rears to me. So another UK shop selling items they do not have in stock but will still happily take your money.

So my question is?

I need Front Blue & Rear Pink springs for a Losi 22, can be new or used will have the cash at TORCH on Sunday.

Hoping someone can help.

Cheers

Mark

I'm off to the shop lock up tonight for rcLazy and will have a look for you. In defence of the shops it is hard to keep live stock levels of all we have in stock and unless we place things as out of stock the system will automatically take your cash. For us at rcLazy if this happens we contact you and ask if you want a refund or the item placed on back order.

Anyway i'll check tonight and let you know.

Cheers

Mark

DragonRider
13-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Hi Mark

No it was not RCLazy, I have nothing but respect for you guys and have ordered from you a few times in the past, but your system was showing you had one set in stock but not both which is why I went to another shop which was showing them in stock, then 24hrs later I was told not in stock they will have to order them.

If you could have a look for me and let me know which ones you have then that would be great.

Cheers

Mark

SteveB
13-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Hi Mark

No it was not RCLazy, I have nothing but respect for you guys and have ordered from you a few times in the past, but your system was showing you had one set in stock but not both which is why I went to another shop which was showing them in stock, then 24hrs later I was told not in stock they will have to order them.

If you could have a look for me and let me know which ones you have then that would be great.

Cheers

Mark

Mark

If u have no luck with springs let me know, I'll lend u some for the day

Ta Steve

lordnikon
13-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Got some blue fronts you can borrow if Steve B doesn't have any...... :thumbsup:

DragonRider
13-07-2012, 06:17 PM
This is why I joined TORCH you can feel the LOVE......LOL

Cheers guys and see you all Sunday

rob8246
13-07-2012, 09:42 PM
On sunday we will be accepting entries and payment for the LMR/Rudebits GP.
Get your place confirmed early as numbers are limited!

hotrodchris
13-07-2012, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=Northern Monkey;674071]I'll probably be there some time after 6.30

More like sometime after 8.30 for you AL?:lol::lol::lol::p

hotrodchris
14-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Don't forget that there will be a new Burger Van on site tomorrow from about 7.30am so lets all support him, for those that want them he does chips as well!

Northern Monkey
14-07-2012, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=Northern Monkey;674071]I'll probably be there some time after 6.30

More like sometime after 8.30 for you AL?:lol::lol::lol::p

Cheeky barsteward! :lol:

hazeandfizz
14-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Is the food van confirmed??

Thanks,
James.

SteveB
14-07-2012, 01:38 PM

Thanks,
James.

Hi james

The burger van man is due on site from 730am. :thumbsup:

Thanks Steve

hotrodchris
14-07-2012, 01:43 PM

Thanks,
James.

James that is confirmed only he can't bring the van with chips this weekend but all other his food is good and resonably priced!:thumbsup:

The Chef
14-07-2012, 04:15 PM

Thanks,
James.

Your a Very brave man if it is still Freddies Tasty Snacks. I'm bringing sandwiches if it is someone else please do say.:thumbsup:

SteveB
14-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Your a Very brave man if it is still Freddies Tasty Snacks. I'm bringing sandwiches if it is someone else please do say.:thumbsup:

No chef a new burger van man same as last time

Thanks Steve

HOTSHOT III
14-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Can anyone tell me how many heats there are, and the length of the heats/finals?

SteveB
14-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Can anyone tell me how many heats there are, and the length of the heats/finals?

Hi

We always offer 4 rounds of quali, 3 legs finals all, this become difficult to have when there's 8 or more heats, but always finish between 4 and 5

Everyone gets the same amount of racing

Thanks Steve

dibble34
14-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Normally 4 rounds of quali and 3 leg finals for all. All finals and quali rounds Are 5 mins. However I suspect it depends on numbers a little. Steve beat me to it, can't even beat him on here :)

The Chef
14-07-2012, 09:54 PM
No chef a new burger van man same as last time

Thanks Steve

Good skills Steve.

Superstar
14-07-2012, 10:43 PM
PROBLEM!!!!

I have brought my racing gear down and about an hour an half ago I was just getting the car ready, changing tyres. Its a 210 and the front wheel screw is jammed in! I think I tightened it too much and broke the plastic holding part so the alloy tube what you screw into just turns. I have tried everything to the point of actually cutting the wheel off completely so I just have the tube, the bearing and the plastic insert attached. The screw wont budge, I have had all my weight onto the plyers and it isnt coming off! :thumbdown:

Not sure what to do. Would there be anyone tomorrow with sprares? I have everything apart from the alloy tube that you screw into.

I havnt even been and Im a pain in the ass!!! lol

rob8246
15-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Trackside now and the driver numbers are looking really good for Summer round 4 :thumbsup:

Will try and update during the day.

maseace
15-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped after my fall, ankle is now a balloon and knee twice the size as the other so all good:thumbsup::thumbsup: ha ha but thanks again guys

Jonnyboy
15-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Yeah mate looked nasty was marshalling the heat with you like a true racer you battled through the day.Another top day torch Boys roll on next time

AmiSMB
15-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks to all who had a hand in running a great meeting today. I enjoyed my relentless racing in both classes. Glad to have helped Josh keep going through the day seeing as he came from Sheffield! Maseace glad to hear you are doing well but keep an eye on that swelling and get it looked at if it needs to. I broke my lower patella tendon back in 1996 and it was not good. Hope the swelling goes down, I used packs of frozen peas wrapped in a damp tea towel which helps alot.

M.Andrews
15-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Had a brilliant day today,managed to have no DNFs today(which is a first meeting for a while!). Thanks TORCH committee for a great day:thumbsup:.

benl
16-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Thanks to everyone for a great day and for making me feel welcome.
Finished D10, go me!!! :thumbsup:, but was happy to have a working car at the end of the day (not sure how).
Once again thanks to the committee and all at Torch.

HOTSHOT III
16-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Thanks for an excellent day's racing, brilliant track, professionally run and lots of heats/finals, will definitely be back!

Bigphilly
16-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks to everyone at Torch yesterday for the great racing . The 2wd A was great.
I've never been so stressed !!!
BIG BIG Thanks for Al for the use of his BB Whites !!

If anyone has any pics of my car during the day can they pm me and I'll give you my email. I really need to change my proflie pic :lol:

Big thanks to Steve and Mikey.

Phil Williams

Briangb
16-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Well done Phil. It was pretty stressful to watch as well. Thought you held your nerve well. A very good win.
Thanks to all the crew for putting on another good meeting.
I was pleased to finish all of my heats and finals. First time this year I believe. The Rudebits DB1 is for sure a wonderful piece of kit. I cannot work out why I was so nervous all day. At times even confusing my left from my right. Not clever. Also thanks to Tony for sorting out a few things on my car. Looking forward to Stotfold now. Must control my nerves. Good banter as usual with the folk in the awning. Thanks Byrners, Jamie and Ben for your company. Promise I won't spill the coffee next time.

Superstar
16-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Echo what has already been said great days racing and big thanks to the team! Personal thank you to everyone who helped me out during the day, for giving me cover and everyone for making me welcome :D

Really great track, great venue and top class people! Oh and those big jumps in front of the rostrom were not too difficult but with the air you got it made you feel like a hero! :woot:

I am due to move within the next month so when I am down perm I will be hitting the TORCH track on a regular basis!

:thumbsup:

makinwaves
16-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Top day's racing at TORCH. Big thanks to Dave and Rob for letting me n Phil pit in their gazebo. Lots of fun was had by all!

Sorry I had to leave early and miss the last round.

Looking forward to the next round and another dry day...?

When can we see some results posted?

Cheers

Mark

mikeyscott
16-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Top day's racing at TORCH. Big thanks to Dave and Rob for letting me n Phil pit in their gazebo. Lots of fun was had by all!

Sorry I had to leave early and miss the last round.

Looking forward to the next round and another dry day...?

When can we see some results posted?

Cheers

Mark

Great 1st leg, shame I couldn't quite catch up.

Hopefully tonight

MrMagoo
16-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Echo what has already been said great days racing and big thanks to the team! Personal thank you to everyone who helped me out during the day, for giving me cover and everyone for making me welcome :D

Really great track, great venue and top class people! Oh and those big jumps in front of the rostrom were not too difficult but with the air you got it made you feel like a hero! :woot:

I am due to move within the next month so when I am down perm I will be hitting the TORCH track on a regular basis!

:thumbsup:

Glad you had fun mate... and if you are short a chair I have a spair one in my car that I found whilst tidying up. Figured it could be yours?

Superstar
16-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks thats cool of you but I have a chair so Im all good on that front. Cheers though! :D

Crazy L
17-07-2012, 02:18 PM
I had a good morning and it was good to catch with the usual crew again, even mikey, a sight for sore eyes for sure.

What did make me laugh inside, alot, was Raseys speech about shouting and swearing at the marshalls, pmsl, he's the worst offender, a case of pot calling the kettle black.

See you all again very soon.:thumbsup:

dibble34
18-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Really enjoyed myself Sunday, lots of good close racing :thumbsup: thanks to all at torch for staying later than usual to ensure everyone still had 3 leg finals :)

Any news on those results mike?

rob8246
18-07-2012, 08:26 PM
What did make me laugh inside, alot, was Raseys speech about shouting and swearing at the marshalls, pmsl, he's the worst offender, a case of pot calling the kettle black

What are you talking about? Does anybody know other than you?

Robocop
18-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Really makes the long trip from cornwall worth it nice relaxed meetings roll on the next one (will check transponder too before the race next time)oops

Superstar
19-07-2012, 10:57 AM
OMG Just realised what you meant. I LEFT my chair sunday. I only got back up north late last night and hadnt even looked in my book till I unpacked this morning and yes you are right I did leave my chair. No idea how I managed that! Sorry I miss read before thought you was offering me a chair as I didnt even know I had left mine there :cry:

Crazy L
19-07-2012, 11:53 AM
What are you talking about? Does anybody know other than you?

Ha ha ha, surely you jest? You not heard yourself having a paddy on the rostrum then? Pmsl:lol:

MrMagoo
19-07-2012, 12:05 PM
OMG Just realised what you meant. I LEFT my chair sunday. I only got back up north late last night and hadnt even looked in my book till I unpacked this morning and yes you are right I did leave my chair. No idea how I managed that! Sorry I miss read before thought you was offering me a chair as I didnt even know I had left mine there :cry:

No worries mate, I'll keep it safe for you! Would offer to drop it off, but it's rather a long trip:lol:

Superstar
19-07-2012, 01:32 PM
aha Yeah cheers :)

mikeyscott
19-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Race results from Round 4 now online - http://results.torchracing.co.uk

Not forgetting the awesome 2nd leg of the 2WD A final - http://results.torchracing.co.uk/mtg20/f5r2.htm :)

rob8246
19-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Ha ha ha, surely you jest? You not heard yourself having a paddy on the rostrum then? Pmsl:lol:

Sorry still at a loss?
Maybe you have confused me with another driver as I certainly dont remember ever having a 'paddy' on any rostrum and judging by the lack of replies to my original post neither does anybody else.
It would seem that your allegations are somewhat misplaced and should be directed at others maybe?

Crazy L
23-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Sorry still at a loss?
Maybe you have confused me with another driver as I certainly dont remember ever having a 'paddy' on any rostrum and judging by the lack of replies to my original post neither does anybody else.
It would seem that your allegations are somewhat misplaced and should be directed at others maybe?

Hardly allegations, but yeah, really sorry, must've got confused with another guy who looks very similar whom I've seen getting unnecessarily annoyed with marshals/slower drivers in many a race, I do apologise.