PDA

View Full Version : touring car

ryan edwards
11-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Ive just got my touring car together what the best setup for it and is there any tweeks that can be made to improve it:)

LongRat
11-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Are there any tweaks? This is touring cars, not Mardave - so there are thousands!
Doesn't help much that you have not said what car you have! But the priority would be - set it up on the right tyres. I think most people are using Sorex 32s.

ChrissieL
13-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Are there any tweaks? This is touring cars, not Mardave - so there are thousands!
Doesn't help much that you have not said what car you have! But the priority would be - set it up on the right tyres. I think most people are using Sorex 32s.

Sorex 28s are the better option. As Dave eludes on tcs there are so many changes u could make. Discuss tonight

LongRat
14-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Interesting. 28s came off my car like chewing gum, overheated too easily.

ryan edwards
16-07-2012, 07:41 AM
I will there next Friday and the touring is a maverick strada

ryan edwards
17-07-2012, 04:36 PM
ive got a 13.5t brushless motor,what spur gear and pinion is best,at the moment i am running on a 85 spur gear(and what pinion would best for that)i am currently using a schumacher Mi4 LP.:thumbsup:

Gunter
17-07-2012, 05:24 PM
I no this isn't helping much but I can't work out from ur posts what car you hav, is it a mi4lp?
Next thing is in TC gearing is done in final drive ratio so my pinion size wouldn't be the same as on your car so u need to find a gear ratio chart for ur car.
Next is gearing depends if u running boosted or blinky 13.5?

And Dave 28's do come of quite hot but if you use additive it seems to not effect the performance to much I've noticed, they are noticeably faster tho so all hav to run them to be within a chance of winning

discostu
17-07-2012, 06:00 PM
cleary you are a newby to the tc class stick with the 32r for now start to understand what the car is doing use additive and warmers if you have them do not over cook on the warmers

start with shocks and droop, keep the shock angles simular front to rear to start with slightly heavier oil in the front to rear i always started with the droop just below spring length ie with the car off the ground wind in the droop screws until the springs just touch the height adjusters and the spring retainers make sure you set your ride height first once this is done measure left to right to make sure its even.

run the car like this doing minor droop changes front or rear ie if you need a little more on power steering reducebthe front droop if you need a little more off power raise the rear droop once this feels consistant start to play with shock locations i would set the lower to a standard position middle on arm for example and adjust the top keeping simular angles and understand what moving in and out on the tower does. and again drive some laps until it feels consistant.

dont forget the shocks will only play a part in the entry and exit off a corner when the shocks get to the point of stationary ie when the car has got to its maximum roll the roll centres govern what the car does.

the roll centres can speed up or slow down how much car rolls and when in the corner and how long it will roll for so again start in a standard position of simular angles and do minor changes untill again the car feels consistant.

i hope this gives you a shuv in the right direction

as for gearing just work out what your internal ratio is and see what the other guys are running at your club i would be a little weary of the fast boys cos if they are any thing like i was when i raced tc we had a knack of running emence corner speed thus run a faster ratio.

speak to drivers of your own abbilty and dont get too carried away with hot ratios

stu rand:thumbsup:

ryan edwards
19-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks for all the info guys i have only raced the touing once at the last meeting at ardent and ive ind of got the hang of it with a second i will be thee tomorrow with it and it is a MI4lp i got confused sorry