PDA

View Full Version : 2012 SORC Regional Series Round 6

Dave77
11-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Well its time for the penultimate round of SORC 2012 on Sunday 22nd July to be held at Stonehaven.

Things are tight in 2wd and 4wd, so looking for a good day in both classes.

Any questions about the day please post on this thread and Darren can answer or some of the Stonehaven club members will chip in. We understand a lot of guys have to travel a fair bit to this round so we will do our best to make it as good a day as round 3.

The first question, is anyone planning to camp overnight on the Saturday? If you are it means we can put up the pit tents the day before and also lay the track.

Cheers
David

Honeybadger
11-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm looking forward to it already, still got the DB1 to clean & rebuild but getting prepared now. Really hope the sun shows up for us and the rain stays away. Cleaning muddy, grassy cars takes ages!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Pau1/RC%20Stuff/20120711_155226.jpg

discothesnake
11-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Tell me about it Paul, I've got the B4.1 in bits as we speak.

Can't stand another wet round! :thumbdown:

Dave

Supercoolnothing
11-07-2012, 08:13 PM
I'll be there, I've just booked my hotel room for the night before.

Dave77
16-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Still no campers confirming?

:thumbsup:

dasbo
16-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Alright peeps,

As Dave has posted, please let us know if you intend kipping overnight at our world class 5* campsite on Saturday night. I'll then give you my number via PM like last time and make sure the gate is open and the all important bog key is handed oot.

I havent raced since the last Stoney round as I refused to fork out for yet another speedo after my second blew in as many weeks, not to mention lossing my RC mojo. I'm still waiting for my replacements, but in the meantime I have bought a Dualsky ESC for my 2WD to give that a go.

Hopefully see some of you up here in the "St Tropez of the north". If not, I'll see youse at Round 7 in Falkirk.

dhann42
16-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Dave I am camping going should be up about 5-6 sat

Dave77
16-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Top man Davey, that means you can help build the track again too :D

See you saturday.

discothesnake
16-07-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm contemplating camping but the thought of it sends a shiver down my spine. :bored::bored:

Dave77
17-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Forecast for saturday currently very good but rain on sunday......but plenty of time for that to shift so fingers crossed guys.

David

discothesnake
17-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Here's hoping. Can't be bothered with another wet round.

paul whittock
18-07-2012, 08:06 AM
do they have transponders for my buggy i havent got a pt yet :confused:

paul whittock
18-07-2012, 08:47 AM
can i buy tyres there:confused:

Honeybadger
18-07-2012, 09:17 AM
do they have transponders for my buggy i havent got a pt yet :confused:

Yes, there should be hand out transponders available on the day.

can i buy tyres there:confused:

Generally no, but someone might be able to help you out on the day.

What car is it for?

Mr Eccleston
18-07-2012, 09:59 AM
I will have Schumacher tyres and inserts with me as I have done at all rounds. These are all supplied via Bruce's Models, a local shop.

I have plenty of yellows for 4wd, less greens. Good selection of 2wd fronts, cut staggers in yellow and green, high profile cut staggers, as well as mini pins in both yellow and green.

Inserts for 2wd, 4wd front and rear, all in medium.

paul whittock
18-07-2012, 10:37 AM
sounds good i will need them for my losi 22 2 wd front and rear please could you hold some for me thanks who will i ask for when im down there and does anyone have the sat nav details to find the track this will be my 1st time there many thanks:thumbsup:

Honeybadger
18-07-2012, 11:10 AM
That's great Derek, I had no idea you carried tyres. :thumbsup:

Paul, the location of the track can be found here.

http://www.sdrcc.co.uk/club/location/

Basically you turn down the road to the right of the opening of Belmount Brae off of the B979. Main road through Stonehaven.

Mr Eccleston
19-07-2012, 10:31 AM
any plans to put the party tents up again for this round.

Is mains available, we just need to supply an extension.

How about wifi for the results.

Honeybadger
19-07-2012, 11:17 AM
any plans to put the party tents up again for this round.

Is mains available, we just need to supply an extension.

How about wifi for the results.

Yes, there is a few of us going to be erecting the big party tent for us to pit in on the Saturday and there shouldn't be a problem supplying 240v.

No sure on the wifi but I've seen it done before in the past so should be possible. Darren would know more on that.

Latest weather forecast says showers on Saturday afternoon but a dry and overcast day on Sunday for Stonehaven.

Dave77
19-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Just checked and most sites are 19-21 degrees with no rain and sunny intervals for Sunday.

Dare you bring your suncream?

Yes, there is a few of us going to be erecting the big party tent for us to pit in on the Saturday and there shouldn't be a problem supplying 240v.

No sure on the wifi but I've seen it done before in the past so should be possible. Darren would know more on that.

Latest weather forecast says showers on Saturday afternoon but a dry and overcast day on Sunday for Stonehaven.

discothesnake
19-07-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm sticking with a brolly....

jason-l
19-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Dare you bring your suncream?
Don't jinx it!

I'm sticking with a brolly....
That's better...

It would be nice to attend *one* meet this summer that wasn't a mud-fest at some stage in the day.

Dave77
20-07-2012, 10:31 AM
To be honest I have felt that we have been very very lucky with the weather.

NORA last round was actually dry all day, ok the ground was wet but imagine it had been raining all day?

Ayr wasnt a mud fest either Jas. ;)

I will be packing brollies, waterproofs, in the hope that it keeps the rain away.

Even got my new tranny muff. :D

dhann42
20-07-2012, 10:33 AM
like a bit of muff :p

GBH
20-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Even if it stays dry we have had so much rain over the last week everything is still very wet quote "1 months rain in 2 hours on Wednesday" :woot:

Anyway I hope you all have a good meeting and hopefully I'll join the fun next year since I'm planning on stopping on-road completely.

Regards, George