PDA

View Full Version : Ballistic buggy mini pins (white compound) on carpet

arransmith27
11-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Has anyone tried Ballistic buggy mini pins (white compound) on carpet?

If so, how do they perform against Schumacher mini pins (yellow)?

Darren Boyle
11-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Has anyone tried Ballistic buggy mini pins (white compound) on carpet?

If so, how do they perform against Schumacher mini pins (yellow)?

When we first had them in we ran them at our club here in Watford. The grip level was VERY good and they seemed more forgiving than the Schumacher (maybe the slightly lower profile :confused:), BUT the white compound from Ballistic is marginally softer than the yellow from Schuey and the BB's did wear considerably quicker sadly. However what we also noticed was that it seemed to be the compound of the rubber that worked on the white BB's rather than the tread pattern itself, so unlike the yellow minipins that loose their edge quite dramtically as the pin wears, the BB's actually continued to grip until almost bald.

For our venue, over one single fastest lap the Schumacher were ultimately quicker (even if they are more on edge and more critical as they wear) and as a result are used by the majority still, but there are some locals that still prefer the BB's since they are that bit more forgiving and more consistent all the way as they wear down....

Hope that helps....

arransmith27
12-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the reply.

May give some a try :thumbsup:

MrMagoo
12-07-2012, 08:56 PM
I used BB whites and Schuey Yellows at the MK GP last year. It was my first indoor meeting, so I'm not much of a judge, but here are my thoughts:

BB worked straight out of the package, where as the Schuey yellows seem to need time to bed in.

BB seem to have slightly more grip, and as Darren says it lasts until the tyres are shot.

BB seem to wear faster, probably as they are softer.

I preferred the BB's as I could be more consistent, which ultimately is what I need.