PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!!!

GPS1
06-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Silverstone buggy club need as many people as poss to come down on the 24th of May, which is a Saturday to help lay the new astroturf!
Work starts on the new track this Friday with a JCB coming in to dig down and move tonnes of earth to form wall-rides,jumps & banked corners!!
Next week we have another smaller digger to finish the jumps etc... and to put the drainage system in!
I can't stress this enough, we must have some help moving the astroturf!!
Each roll weighs approx. 3Ton and is around 20ft long! They will be moved upto the track side so it will be a case of cutting,lift/dragging them into place!
We have 2 regional meetings to run this year the first being the 4WD re-run on June 22nd which is only just over 6 weeks away!!
As a club we're spending the money and putting the time & effort into making this a great racing venue. But we just can't do this bit on our own!! We need your help!!!
There's a pub down the road which we will be using at some point during the day! And the first rounds on the club!!!
Anyone that can help out on the 24th please PM me so I have some idea of numbers.
Many thanks
Graeme Smith

ashleyb4
06-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Proberly need a steam roller to.

A

GPS1
06-05-2008, 12:47 PM
A steam roller might be alittle too much!!!
But I know what you're getting at! Already got a vibrating plate and roller sorted!!:thumbsup:
Proberly need a steam roller to.

A

spenner
07-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Yer get a steam roller so we can all race on a tarmac surface !!!!!!!

Sometimes Ash you need to engage your brain before making little comments.....

Graeme you know im there too help out as much as possible, would be great to have one of the best R/C facilities on your doorstep...

PTRU
12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
will be down 2moz afternoon from 4 if you there? and will try get there saturday...

Tony Truman:D

GPS1
12-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Thank you Mr.Truman!
I'll be there from 3pm with the ground worker & Spenner!