PDA

View Full Version : Cougar sv spur bearing help

Brewskie
17-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Bearings went on the spur shaft so have gone to replace them, have checked what size they are, one side is 4x8x3 an other side nearest the spur gear is 5x9x3, trouble is the 5x9x3 doesn't fit at all it's to big! still pretty new to racing as not sure if im doing anything wrong.

old jonesy
18-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Did the 5x9x3 bearing disintegrate?
If so, is the outer wall of the bearing stuck in the hole in the gearbox body?

Brewskie
18-07-2012, 06:38 AM
It did but got it all out, sounds weird but will any 5x9x3 bearing fit in as ordered them off Internet but not schumacher ones, theyre even to big for the spur shaft

matdodd
18-07-2012, 02:59 PM
5x9X12 is the size so as long as they sent you the right size bearing they will fit!
Maybe measure the bearing just in case it was packaged wrong

Robocop
18-07-2012, 04:07 PM
there is a missprint in the cougar sv manual in the layshaft try the bearing that fits the other side as i think its the same both sides but can't remember if still problems give schumacher a call they will be very helpful

Brewskie
18-07-2012, 06:14 PM
there is a missprint in the cougar sv manual in the layshaft try the bearing that fits the other side as i think its the same both sides but can't remember if still problems give schumacher a call they will be very helpful
will try when i get home, fingers crossed it works

Npdp72
18-07-2012, 07:47 PM
I had the same trouble with the gearbox and came across the apparent different size bearings. I thought it was odd so I asked the question to Schumacher:

"can you tell me, is the exploded drawing of the Cougar on your website correct with respect to the bearings on the transfer shaft that holds the spur?
On this drawing it shows two different sized bearings U1439 5x9x3 on the spur end and U1411 4x8x3 on the spring end."

Answer:
"You are correct, the diagram is wrong. All the bearings in the SV gearbox are 4x8x3mm, except the diff bearings. I would recommend the Rubber Sealed 4x8x3mm Bearings (U3075)"

Brewskie
18-07-2012, 09:28 PM
I had the same trouble with the gearbox and came across the apparent different size bearings. I thought it was odd so I asked the question to Schumacher:

"can you tell me, is the exploded drawing of the Cougar on your website correct with respect to the bearings on the transfer shaft that holds the spur?
On this drawing it shows two different sized bearings U1439 5x9x3 on the spur end and U1411 4x8x3 on the spring end."

Answer:
"You are correct, the diagram is wrong. All the bearings in the SV gearbox are 4x8x3mm, except the diff bearings. I would recommend the Rubber Sealed 4x8x3mm Bearings (U3075)"

Spot on mate, 4x8x3 now installed an seems ok but will get a full test next tuesday