PDA

View Full Version : Diff nut

Moose
19-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Which diff nut do you use for the 2WD car? AE does not fit. Didnt try losi but sould be same as AE.

The plastic part that came with the kit was too tight for the nut and crashed. Doesnt look like a perfect solution so I would prefere a propper Diff nut with a normal screw to use the oldschool thrust races.

ben44
19-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Take your time to built your kit. If you putt the nuts in the plastic part before putt them in the diff every thinks is ok.

Moose
19-07-2012, 06:05 PM
no its not. The nut is way too big for the plastic part. Had one kit where the nut was perfect so I can understand your doubt in my building :)

Anyway I would prefere a normal thrust race to use ceramic balls and normal shims.

metalmickey0
20-07-2012, 09:06 AM
no its not. The nut is way too big for the plastic part. Had one kit where the nut was perfect so I can understand your doubt in my building :)

Anyway I would prefere a normal thrust race to use ceramic balls and normal shims.
Its a M2.5 threaded nylock nut you want. Fits in the little plastic thingy before you fit into the diff assembly

PRO-Buggy
20-07-2012, 11:18 AM
The way like Ben says is correct...
Take youre time and everything will be okay!!!

Moose
20-07-2012, 11:45 AM
this is so confusing, why do I only get strange advice and not an answer?
The question is simple as that:
I Just want to know which screw/ nut kit fits.

I have one nut that fits perfect and I dont complain about it not working, though I want to use a normal thrust race, Using the kit screw the balls would touch the thread, thats why they use the centered thrust race which works good. But I would prefere the normal solution with one pice nut.

metalmickey0: My other 2.5 nuts dont fit in the tight plastic too. I could post pics but I already have a new one so its obvious that the one in my kit is too tight. I could dremel the nut down to make it fit but I dont care about the wrong part as I already got a right one.

PRO-Buggy
20-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Use the original T02007 differential Mount Set 2WD.

Everyone use this original part and don't have problems with it.
The reason why not an good answer is because you don't want to try first the original parts. Compress the diff spring a few times before install....

Why does this work for a lot Team C owners exept your car(s).
That's an question you've think about.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Moose
20-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Did you read my post?

1. I compressed the sprig.
2. It works.
3. I use the stock nuts at the moment (and see 2.)
4. I would prefere a normal thrust

marcel
23-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Wat do you mean with normal trust.
If you mean a trust with loose balls.? Than buy some loose ceramic balls..
Im not shure about the size but use the original trust plates.they are quite hard
Material. And use the ceramic loose balls..should work great.
For me i dont like the loose ball construction. :)
I use the original trust and lube it with black trust grease. Works great.
And cheap so i replace it after every 2 diff rebuild.
For the nut that works 4 out of 5 kits :) one was to big to fit the plastic also.
That was an older kit..:woot: