PDA

View Full Version : Quality control

Moose
19-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Can you share your experience with the kits?

I bought an 02evo and an 02C both cars have lots of missing parts. I have never seen this in any kit from an other manufacturer and I had quite a few kits.
And I am not just talking about missing screws (lots where wrong or missing) but too short shafts, missing ball studs, wrong shafts, wrong machined piston plates, wrong machined piston shafts, alloy hexes don t fit.
All in all I couldnt build up one car without ordering many parts just to get in running.
The whole fitting of parts is very bad and a bit disappointing that it feels very pre worn out. Maybe the car is 40 pounds cheaper than other cars but is it worth the trouble ?

ben44
19-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Sorry but I build mabby 6 or 7 kit from TeamC, and in the kit i have more screw, more parts, ... never a problem.
Some time you to open a new packet to have the other parts.

Is ur your car is complete but caution to don't loose some parts if you built 2 kit in the same time and if you have open every thinks.

goos
19-07-2012, 05:49 PM
I have built around 10 TeamC kits, have not had a single part missing and the kits have been very high quality with all parts fitting perfectly.

Moose
19-07-2012, 06:12 PM
@ben44: lol nice to hear that you even got more parts ... those where missing in mine :)

@goos: interesting. Where are you from? Maybe not all distributions got the same batch because I am not the only one who seems to have the problems

ben44
19-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Go back to your local shop or call or mail him he will received the part for you.
They will inclued in the kit so you need to have them, i undustand.

jasonrcb
19-07-2012, 06:40 PM
No issues with any of my TeamC kits either,i have bought from Hong Kong and the UK with no problems

Hpi_guy
19-07-2012, 07:04 PM
I had a similar issue, cracked shell, missing camber links and tie rods, I just rang the models shop and they sorted it

Moose
19-07-2012, 07:04 PM
goos and ben, I assume you are team drivers having built so many kits. Maybe I got 2 early ones thats just what I want to know, telling me there has never been a problem is a bit odd.

goos, if you are saying all parts fit perfectly than you don t know other kits thats all I can say. Parts are ok, others are better, anyway thats not my main point. As long as you can built up a kit without ordering extra parts to get it run. as long as everything fits it s fine because you can already see on pics what you can expect from the car.

ben, I think you don t get the point nor do I exactly understand what you want to tell me. I didnt put all parts from two kits on the floor and complain about not finding the parts. Both cars are built up already, if you dont believe anything is missing in my kits thats up to you. It s a forum and I cant proof it, nor do I want to do so. One car has been running quite a time now and is super easy to drive, but thats not the point.

btw : I got all the missing parts from the distributor (I orderd them first because I didnt expect them to help me), so the distributor did real great work.

edit: ben, just confused, if you never had a problem in 7 kits why do you open a thread about the slipper spring :eh?:

goos
19-07-2012, 08:05 PM
@ben44: lol nice to hear that you even got more parts ... those where missing in mine :)

@goos: interesting. Where are you from? Maybe not all distributions got the same batch because I am not the only one who seems to have the problems

Finland, if there has been some missing parts the factory has replaced them all. So no problems here.

Spoolio
19-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Had a washer missing, sorted it already - top service from Team C.

batesy
19-07-2012, 09:09 PM
no bits missing from mine and it was from the first batch into the uk.

Hpi_guy
19-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Not other issue I had was that the arms were tight and binding but a quick few passes with a hand file fixed that

Spoolio
19-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Not other issue I had was that the arms were tight and binding but a quick few passes with a hand file fixed that

In fairness though, almost every new front arm I ever put on my B4 needed the same thing :lol:

Frecklychimp
19-07-2012, 11:25 PM

Out of fairness you don't own or never have owned a Team C car so it's irrelevant to this thread!

ben44
20-07-2012, 05:35 AM
edit: ben, just confused, if you never had a problem in 7 kits why do you open a thread about the slipper spring :eh?:

It's not a problem, it's modification of my car.
When i buy it, it was a ball diff and now i've putt a gear diff.

metalmickey0
20-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Isnt Team C part of ansmann? If so not had a problem with my kit. All parts were there plus a few extra bits and went together well. Sound slike you may of had a dodgy batch

Moose
20-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Ansmann sell very similar cars also manufactured by TeamC, some people pretend that there are differences in material, I can only see that they have different colour, different body and the short 2WD chassis. It s a bit confusing because you can buy Ansmann and Team C cars in europe. Earlier Ansmann was selling in europe and TeamC was for the asian market.

Spoolio: Thats right and it not a problem to sand it down to fit perfect but my front end suspension is loose and rear was tight. If everything was a bit to tight it would be fine.

PRO-Buggy
20-07-2012, 11:15 AM
We have sold may kits now and only in one kit there was an missing ring.
All the other kits came with more parts/srews/rings and bolds than needed.

Robbiejuk
20-07-2012, 12:26 PM
In fairness though, almost every new front arm I ever put on my B4 needed the same thing :lol:

Pretty much every kit from any manufacturer I have built has always needed a bit of fettling. It's all about getting it right when your building it :thumbsup: I would be more worried if I put something together straight out of the box and there were massive gaps and slop.

Missing parts from kits, I have seen threads like this on most of the manufacturers listed in the car talk section. They are always sorted with a quick phonecall to the distributor at no extra cost.

It's not unusual in any industry that something is shipped with a fault or something missing. My dads friend brought a brand new Volvo and every time he went through a puddle his feet got wet. Took it back to the garage he brought it from and they peeled back the carpet to reveal a whole panel on the chassis was missing and looked like it had never been fitted.:woot:

Moose
20-07-2012, 02:35 PM
@Robbiejuk: the volvo :woot:. And your are right there is always somebody who has something missing, as it looks its just my bad luck here, everything is fine as long as you dont have to call the dealer after every new kit.

Maybe I should add that if its true that it is only me who got a bad batch it s all good. I dont want to tell everyone how bad the TeamC is. To be honest there isnt one single 2WD car out that is wrong priced or you should avoid. The car has its pros and cons and this thread is just about missing and wrong parts.
I got my two cars not at once, so if I wouldnt like the evo I hadnt bought the 02c.

goos
20-07-2012, 06:33 PM
goos and ben, I assume you are team drivers having built so many kits. Maybe I got 2 early ones thats just what I want to know, telling me there has never been a problem is a bit odd.

goos, if you are saying all parts fit perfectly than you don t know other kits thats all I can say. Parts are ok, others are better, anyway thats not my main point. As long as you can built up a kit without ordering extra parts to get it run. as long as everything fits it s fine because you can already see on pics what you can expect from the car.

Try assembing a T8(T) or GT8 and you will know what I am talking about :) The tc02 is ok but the parts fit great. But the 1/8 scale stuff is on a completely different level.

Moose
21-07-2012, 07:01 AM
I don t have an own t8 but I had a closer look at it a few times and in fact you are right and nothing has slope like the c hubs on the 2WD and everything looks instantly better. But to be fair this is not about the t8 or the team c quality in general.

goos
22-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Isnt Team C part of ansmann? If so not had a problem with my kit. All parts were there plus a few extra bits and went together well. Sound slike you may of had a dodgy batch

TeamC Racing is its own company, Ansmann bought their cars from TeamC. TeamC is now a global brand. Ansmann is selling off their last stock currently it seems.

Ansmann is a rebranding company, they buy products from other companies and put their own stickers on it. They are most famous for their batteries.

goos
22-07-2012, 09:16 AM
But to be fair this is not about the t8 or the team c quality in general.

The topic reads "quality control" :p

Moose
22-07-2012, 09:24 AM
I should have called it quality control of my 1/10 kits :D

Moose
22-07-2012, 04:34 PM
got new pistons and they are great actually no gap between piston and shock body and all holes at the right place.
All parts I got now are as they should be, even the E clips are better than in the kit

goos
22-07-2012, 06:22 PM
got new pistons and they are great actually no gap between piston and shock body and all holes at the right place.
All parts I got now are as they should be, even the E clips are better than in the kit
Dont forget to shim the pistons, so they do not wiggle too much but still rotate.

mof
23-07-2012, 04:34 AM
I don t have an own t8 but I had a closer look at it a few times and in fact you are right and But has slope like the c hubs on the 2WD and everything looks instantly better. But to be fair this is not about the t8 or the team c quality in general.

But you are still stating on a few threads that teamc quality is "superbad" and suggesting people to buy multiple spare parts so that maybe one fits correctly?

marcel
23-07-2012, 11:05 AM
I build a losi 22.:mad: thats not a nice car to build or drive.
I build a asso b4. Thats pretty oke but not great.
I build a tamiya oke but needs work.

I build 5 teamc kits in te past 3years
So i seen the quality grow . From first to now..
Mising screws and small things/ mising or to short axles on 4wd.
To premature breaking and all .but great driving and fast cars.and afordable.

To now extra small parts left after build/ smal improofments/no breaking .only if it needs to break (hard impackts).
But still great driving and still fast and still afordable.:thumbsup:

Teamc has made a great improofment the last year.and the cars are almost perfeckt.
I know stephen(teamc) will make more improofment if posible.as i seen in the years.
But he needs feedback.
So place your feedback/advice on te forum. I know he will check it out.
And do somthing with it if posible.
Greets.marcel. TeamC Absima netherlands

Moose
23-07-2012, 04:11 PM
@goos: the new pistons I got fit perfect, no space for a shim here.

@marcel: a bit offtopic but what did you not like while building a 22 or B4 ? Having build both I really cant complain about it in general.
Hard to give a feedback now as they have the new cars just entering the market. Lets see what the new kits really contain. Alloy C hubs should reduce slope and many parts are new. Read they will have all gear diffs which sounds a bit odd. Time will tell.

marcel
23-07-2012, 06:11 PM
@goos: the new pistons I got fit perfect, no space for a shim here.

@marcel: a bit offtopic but what did you not like while building a 22 or B4 ? Having build both I really cant complain about it in general.
Hard to give a feedback now as they have the new cars just entering the market. Lets see what the new kits really contain. Alloy C hubs should reduce slope and many parts are new. Read they will have all gear diffs which sounds a bit odd. Time will tell.

Hey.
Wat.i didnt like about the 22
Gearbox was not fitting coreckt together. Looks like it was a bad mould.
Also if you tighten the screws to much it was rotating heavey.
Also the the front end was not. Nice to build.
Servo link a pain to put on. And dont like the slide system.
Al moving part were to tight. Need sanding reaming.
The rear suspention block is mounted with realy smal allen didnt have that:)
Overall plastic finish is not real nice
Turnbucle ends are to tight. If you want to adjust the camber they pop off the balls
Shocks are a disapointment. Compared to teamc bigbores.
And bad material .after 10 runs the ti nitride is worn of the shafts.
And the oil is pitch black after 5 or so runs.
It drives to nervous to my liking. To loose back end . And jumps not nice.

The asso has no big problems .gearbox needs some extra atention.and the arms need to ream out a bit and cut a bit.
And i dont like the kickup being one piece with the chasiss
This was the b4 not the 4.1 dont now the 4.1 chassis

Moose
23-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Turnbucle ends are to tight. If you want to adjust the camber they pop off the balls
use grease and its fine

10 runs the ti nitride is worn of the shafts
mine even less runs

The rear suspention block is mounted with realy smal allen didnt have that
:) its just for maintenance so you could use a different scew with bigger head when you want to take the gearbox out. but yeah this scew is odd.

It drives to nervous to my liking. To loose back end . And jumps not nice.
set up needs time and rear end weight :) but I always liked the jumping

I really love the plastic stuff, yes it is tight and looks different but thats because they use much glass and I like it. I didnt have the gearbox problem (running rear motor). But all my mid motor gearboxes seem to fit too. If it is bent than it might just be made when the form wasnt at the right temperature.
But building up a 22 (or one of most other cars) takes twice the time than building up a tc02

Teamcracing
25-07-2012, 01:18 AM
I build a losi 22.:mad: thats not a nice car to build or drive.
I build a asso b4. Thats pretty oke but not great.
I build a tamiya oke but needs work.

I build 5 teamc kits in te past 3years
So i seen the quality grow . From first to now..
Mising screws and small things/ mising or to short axles on 4wd.
To premature breaking and all .but great driving and fast cars.and afordable.

To now extra small parts left after build/ smal improofments/no breaking .only if it needs to break (hard impackts).
But still great driving and still fast and still afordable.:thumbsup:

Teamc has made a great improofment the last year.and the cars are almost perfeckt.
I know stephen(teamc) will make more improofment if posible.as i seen in the years.
But he needs feedback.
So place your feedback/advice on te forum. I know he will check it out.
And do somthing with it if posible.
Greets.marcel. TeamC Absima netherlands

thank you for your comments to Team C, yes I am always checking and improving

Moose
29-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Teamcracing:
many 8 scale team c at our local track :)
After me having a shock piston with wrong cutten threads sombody has something comparable :) a turnbuckle with threads in the same direction on both sides :D. Maybe this one thing that they can look closer in the factory