PDA

View Full Version : Are these cut stagger ribs mounted right?

danny the elfman
01-08-2012, 09:10 PM
hey guys, just checking ive done this right before i glue them up. Ive got some cut staggers and mounted them on 2wd front wide wheels with 4wd front inserts inside, but they seem very stretched and and even with the 4wd inserts still seem to be a little bit collapsed in the middle. Heres the pics, what do you think?

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9821/img0002spj.jpg
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3519/img0004nk.jpg

SamRCRacing
01-08-2012, 09:13 PM
They look fine to me. My front minispikes do that too, I think it is normal.

Sam

DCM
01-08-2012, 09:16 PM
If they are not on slim, then no.

danny the elfman
01-08-2012, 09:34 PM
They look fine to me. My front minispikes do that too, I think it is normal.

Sam
Thanks mate, do you use the 4wd inserts or not?

If they are not on slim, then no.
Well there both apparently "narrow", the wider wheels seem to be the norm these days though for narrow wheels, if that makes sense :p

SamRCRacing
01-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Can do, I cut mine down a tad when I used mine...there is a minor difference between 2wd wide inserts and 4wd inserts. I ran mine on wide wheels and they worked fine.

Sam

metalmickey0
02-08-2012, 11:40 AM
They are sposed to fit on narrow rims and those arnt narrow. that is why they dip in the middle. Dead easy fix, just cut the inside edge of the wheel to turn them into narrows. Thats what i do anyways.. Dead easy to run a dremel round the inside rim, job done.
And also your not sposed to run inserts on staggers.

Chris-S
02-08-2012, 11:59 AM
They are sposed to fit on narrow rims and those arnt narrow. that is why they dip in the middle. Dead easy fix, just cut the inside edge of the wheel to turn them into narrows. Thats what i do anyways.. Dead easy to run a dremel round the inside rim, job done.
And also your not sposed to run inserts on staggers.

Low profile staggers you don't run inserts, these are the much taller and wider cut staggers. I dont often run the cut staggers, as they make the front end feel vague and unpredictable and prefer instead to run the new low profile cut staggers in different compounds.