PDA

View Full Version : esc for a sx3

gainsy
06-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Got a sx3 on the way :D & space looks tight for the electrics
In your experience which esc's fit well & which will i struggle with?
Cheers in advance
gainsy

Cardnim
06-08-2012, 08:42 PM
What up gainsy! :thumbsup:

I might have seen that SX3 once or twice :lol: - its a hell of a good car.

In mine, I run the Speed Passion GT2.0 which is very very good.
Mever had an issue with it once in nearly two years now.
Couple of the other lads from Ireland that were over at oOple withme also run SP in theirs.

Hobbywing seem to be exactly the same ESC but less expensive?!
However, the SP ones can be picked up for cheap in the classifieds - thats where I got mine.

P.S. I dont think the ESC footprint is of the biggest concern, I actually think you can choose from quite alot - however, the wiring is the one thing I recommend spending quite a bit of time planning out and doing right as the SX3 with all its belts can be a bugger if not wired correctly.
(Tom Cockerill had a great post with pics about this in the Schumacher section which I pilfered from :blush: )

ian h
06-08-2012, 09:13 PM
The SP GT2.0 fits fine, as far as wiring I recently rewired mine with 14 gauge rather than 12 gauge and it is much neater with no noticeable drop in performance. Might be worth considering.

mattybucks
06-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Got a sx3 on the way :D & space looks tight for the electrics
In your experience which esc's fit well & which will i struggle with?
Cheers in advance
gainsy

BOOM!! SX3 on the way - Cougar/Cat combo :thumbsup:

gainsy
06-08-2012, 09:23 PM
BOOM!! SX3 on the way - Cougar/Cat combo :thumbsup:

Yeah mate :) fits well with the Bosscat :D

gainsy
06-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the advise guys :thumbsup: much appreciated
Have been looking at the sp so good to hear someone recommend it :)

ROUMS
06-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Speed passion is good

http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showthread.php?56351-NEW!-Schumacher-CATSX3/page11

gainsy
06-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

badger5
06-08-2012, 10:29 PM
I use a Viper VTX10R, seems to plenty of go and smooth as well. Do most people run without the under tray though? With it on the motor and esc seem to get a bit warm.

I like the steering link fitted in the Petit RC photos, is this something to look out for in the not too distant future? Seems to have different geometry than standard going by the photos.

MikePimlott
06-08-2012, 11:05 PM
SP for me, its tight with my enormous futaba receiver (wish they would make a micro) but its in.

ray carey
07-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi. I have 2 x SX3. 1 for indoors and 1 for outside. The outside one I Have GT SP. And the indoor 1 has the Tekin RS pro in. This alot smaller than the SP, but the only downside to Tekin is.....programing on the day of racing (unless you take a laptop). The great thing about the SP esc is you can change the set up without a laptop.

gainsy
07-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all the input guys :thumbsup:
Sp it is :)