PDA

View Full Version : New member at regional

Chris B
10-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Hi.
I know that new members can race 3 times before joining brca. Does this still apply at this weekends regional?

Thanks

Oscar
10-08-2012, 01:13 PM
This is NOT official, so I may well be corrected.

I believe to participate in a regional and score points, you must be a BRCA member.
However if the club is running a Non-regional Guest heat at the meeting, you may be eligible to run in that.

Maybe someone with more knowledge than myself could clarify??

Chris B
10-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the reply John.

Well I am scoring in the north west region so won't be going for points either. Just want to come and race

Col
10-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the reply John.

Well I am scoring in the north west region so won't be going for points either. Just want to come and race

You can't be scoring points of you're not a BRCA member?

jameswilkinson7
10-08-2012, 02:06 PM
As Far as I know you HAVE to be a BRCA member to take part in BRCA sanctioned events... Nationals and regionals.

4. SANCTIONED EVENTS
4.1 Off-Road Sanctioned events include the National Championship Series, Regional Championship Series, the British Winter Open Championship, Junior & Veterans’ Championship, Inter-Regional F2 Championship and the Inter-Regional F3/F4/F5 Championship. It is possible that further specific events could be sanctioned by the committee.
With the exception of any Regional Championship series, the Section committee reserve the right to cancel any of these events if the entry numbers at closing date would result in the event not being viable. Entries received after closing date may not be accepted. 4.2 The Junior & Veterans’ Championship, Inter-Regional F2 Championship and the Inter-Regional F3/F4/F5 Championship will follow the general format of National events. The British Winter Open Championship may run to a variation.
4.3 Only Clubs/Organisers affiliated to the BRCA are allowed to run Sanctioned events.
4.4 Drivers entering these events must be a BRCA member, in order to compete.
4.5 At Sanctioned events, BRCA membership cards or proof of membership may be required to be shown at ‘booking in’.

Chris B
10-08-2012, 02:20 PM
You can't be scoring points of you're not a BRCA member?

I am a member but I'm asking for my brother. I probably should have mentioned that lol

Darren Wales
10-08-2012, 02:24 PM
I was just about to question you on this Chris until your last post!
:lol:

Chris B
10-08-2012, 02:37 PM
I was just about to question you on this Chris until your last post!
:lol:

Would I have been in bother lol?
Seriously tho I fancied a go at Batley (as a non scoring guest) to practice on grass for south lakes and my brov only lives 5 mins away so though it was a good chance for him to have a go too. I am distinctly average and he hasn't raced for years so we won't be unsettling any top scorers.

Hopefully Dianne will see this and say if it's ok. If not then no big deal.

Oscar
10-08-2012, 03:32 PM
As Far as I know you HAVE to be a BRCA member to take part in BRCA sanctioned events... Nationals and regionals.

I think what needs clarifying is does the "guest heat" constitute part of the "sanctioned event" or is this effectively a separate club meeting, albeit on the same day at the same track.

DianneH
10-08-2012, 11:20 PM
I have had a few enquiries regarding guests running at the meeting and I am more than happy for this to happen. As John has pointed out - guests will not be competing in the regional event and scoring points.