PDA

View Full Version : TC02T

mc4798
12-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Short video

D433nPdyugE

richardj
14-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Be nice to see a few more trucks racing in the UK.

Crazy L
26-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know if these are the same spec as the ones DMS have in?

Crazy L
26-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Sorry, ignore my last post, its the tr02t chassis they have. Is that like a madrat chassis?

Crazy L
05-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Gonna order one of these here TC02Ts this very weekend.:thumbsup:

Might do some kind of write up on it actually.:eh?:

MrMagoo
06-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Where are you ordering it from Lionel?

Crazy L
07-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Where are you ordering it from Lionel?

Dinball mate, they're doing a special, $105.

Crazy L
14-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Ordered:thumbsup:

What about you Clarkie? you having one too or following the crowd to the Losi?

Will do a build review methinks. Although, where would I post such a thing?

lordnikon
14-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Was hoping this was mid motor. Reckon we are better off with the below ....

Mad monkey kit
Set of SC truck front arms
Set of SC truck rear arms
120mm drive shafts
Set of macnum or SC truck tie rods

Would leave I with a mid motor truck chassis for peanuts

Crazy L
15-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Y'know what?

don't know if a mid motored truck would be worth the extra effort tbh, add some ballast and be done with it, I think the tc02t HAS a slightly longer wheelbase, though If I'm wrong can someone correct me please. I know a lot of the guys have all got 22Ts, but for a giggle I'm not gonna fork out 180 quid and then some cos it has a mid set up.

It's only a bit of a laugh anyway, and for that, this is right up my street

lordnikon
15-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Good point lionel but i reckon it will only be about £80 for the lot .... got to be worth a punt ?? :thumbsup:

Crazy L
15-10-2012, 04:01 PM
maybe. though thought that the stadium truck arms etc would be longer than SC ones. Or is it an optical illusion?

Robbiejuk
16-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Sc and stadium turck wishbones are the same. Only real difference between ST and SCT are the bumpers and a longer chassis. Everything else is the same.

So when you get bored of racing a stadium truck you can upgrade it and come and race in the short course nationals :D

P.s. mid motor truck idea would be nice but the chassis would be too short. You would end up having to do something like this. http://forum.teamcracing.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=452&extra=page%3D1

Crazy L
28-10-2012, 06:01 PM
So then, RobbieJuk, are you saying that the truck chassis is same length as the buggy and it's only the SC chassis that is longer or both the ST and SCT are longer?

Mine is being delivered Tuesday now I've paid for the customs charges:thumbdown::thumbdown:. So I'm gonna be after a few set up tips also.

Tyres also are a bit of a grey area too. Especially since the average UK racer seems to have some kind of grudge against Trucks of any shape or form:thumbdown:

Robbiejuk
29-10-2012, 12:59 PM
So then, RobbieJuk, are you saying that the truck chassis is same length as the buggy and it's only the SC chassis that is longer or both the ST and SCT are longer?

Mine is being delivered Tuesday now I've paid for the customs charges:thumbdown::thumbdown:. So I'm gonna be after a few set up tips also.

Tyres also are a bit of a grey area too. Especially since the average UK racer seems to have some kind of grudge against Trucks of any shape or form:thumbdown:

No the original buggy chassis was the smallest. Then the Evo chassis was + 8MM longer than the original buggy chassis, then the Truck chassis is + 10mm longer than the original buggy chassis and the SCT chassis is the longer than all of the above. :) I reckon although I haven't measured it is that the Mid motor chassis is probably close to being the same length as the Evo chassis, but that is just a guess.

Tyre wise, schumacher truck staggered ribs and yellow truck minispikes seem to be the most popular choice for stadium trucks. But I expect there might be some D-boots on the horizon now that the durango ST is here.

Crazy L
01-11-2012, 12:58 PM
My truck turned up, i had a quick squiz throught the box, a bit miffed but I've not been robbed, turns out i ordered what must be the "older" version. No big bores or ali caster blocks. Has ali shocks etc though.

Are you sure on lengths? Stadium trucks have defo shrunk, no where near the length of my old Losi xxt.

Any tips on hop ups before I commence the build?

mr_g
01-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Are you sure on lengths? Stadium trucks have defo shrunk, no where near the length of my old Losi xxt.

A quick measure of my cars axle to axle shows these to be the approx lengths.
Truck 289mm, Evo 277mm and Mid motor buggy 270mm.

As for hopups Id recommend the new front lower chassis plate in carbon or the new top and bottom front chassis assembly that screws together.
Alloy hexes take out the hassle of losing hex pins when changing wheels too.
Other than that its a solid truck.

I have standard shocks (upgraded the shafts as I had a spare set) and have been using big bore springs. Simply use the Team C big bore lower spring mounts and the spring tops for a traxxas slash (part 3768) and snap this onto the stock preload adjuster, it will then work as normal. The shocks feel much smoother and seem to soak up bumps a lot better. Its a cheap upgrade compared to buying the big bores. Pic attached of setup on my spare truck.

Enjoy the truck they are fantastic :)

Robbiejuk
01-11-2012, 05:08 PM
My truck turned up, i had a quick squiz throught the box, a bit miffed but I've not been robbed, turns out i ordered what must be the "older" version. No big bores or ali caster blocks. Has ali shocks etc though.

Pretty sure that the only place that gets the big bore shocks in the kit is America. Not sure why, might have been because all the TQ kits used to have them in and so Team C include them in kits over there for the same price as TQ used to sell them.

P.s. If Mr_G measurments are correct the Tc02T comes in longer than a losi XXX T MF2 by roughly 8 MM

Crazy L
04-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Just thought, I've hijacked someone elses thread. :o

I had best start a new one;)

Pics to follow