PDA

View Full Version : Best buggy shocks?

Hpi_guy
19-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Looking to spend about £40 on a set of decent shocks, at the moment I am looking at the ansmann small bores but have also find some shumacher big bores for £25 at the moment on eBay

tomtom
19-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Kyosho shocks, either small or big bores.

Best shocks by far :thumbsup:

Origineelreclamebord
19-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Kyosho shocks, either small or big bores.

Best shocks by far :thumbsup:

I do know they are VERY expensive! Can anyone point the finger on what makes them better, and how you notice that? (As I am pretty happy with the TRF dampers) :lol:

Hpi_guy
19-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Only problem is that they are £40 a pair, I'm looking to spend £40 for a full set

Origineelreclamebord
19-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Only problem is that they are £40 a pair, I'm looking to spend £40 for a full set

SC, Buggy, Truck?

For my SC I use Traxxas 'Big Bore' shocks (for Slash) on my Kyosho Ultima SC:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Traxxas-1-10-Slash-4x4-Ultimate-BIG-BORE-SHOCKS-Hard-TiNi-Shafts-Front-Rear-/00/s/NTAxWDcwMA==/$%28KGrHqF,%21lcE9RdsW2UEBPhv0+SgKg%7E%7E60_3.JPG

They are not actually big bore shock bodies, just the springs that come with them. There is also hardware (top end bottom caps) to fit small bore springs (which fit perfectly).

The nice thing about these dampers is their price vs. spec: Alu body, PTFE coated body (at least inside), titanium nitride coated shafts. The only thing they don't have is threaded bodies (with an adjuster ring on the outside) - it uses plastic spacers instead. It's not exactly modern, but it works!

The nicest thing about these dampers? They cost me 27.40GBP (ex. postage from the USA, postage was 5.70GBP). They came off a new RTR Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate which was disassembled to be sold in parts. All the hardware/accesoires were included in the sale: spacers, caps for small and big bore springs and an additional set of pistons.

I've not run the dampers a lot yet. They don't seem to leak (a lot), it looks about as good as my TRF201 after a damper rebuild and their performance feels really smooth! Assuming they won't suddenly break down or show other hickups, these will be by far the best value for money dampers I've ever had! :thumbsup:

Edit: I just noticed it says 'Best BUGGY shocks' - woops! Well, perhaps they have similar shocks for the Bandit?

cunawarit
19-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Edit: I just noticed it says 'Best BUGGY shocks' - woops! Well, perhaps they have similar shocks for the Bandit?

The Bandit comes with Ultra Shocks, and the Big Bores are an upgrade. They are essentially the same thing, one plastic one alu.

BTW, if the OP ends up buying the Traxxas shocks, then Losi springs work great with them.