PDA

View Full Version : Nosram Brushless

Ewar
16-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Im considering getting a Matrix + 3star for my pred for this winter and the regionals next year.

Anyone done this and if so whatcha think??

Ed

craigosh
16-09-2006, 02:04 PM
i've got the matrix evo and a novak velociti 6.5 in my BJ4 and it goes really well.. I'd go for the Evo over the normal matrix as it'll handle a hotter motor so will be less likely to thermal. Also there are more options to personalize it more i think, the only problem i had with it was the 'automatic' lipo/nimh mode which just cut it out when the packs reached a certain level

Chris Doughty
16-09-2006, 06:49 PM
remember you have the choice of red (NOSRAM) or blue (LRP)

you should definately switch the LiPo 'safe' mode off if you are using normal cells.

craigosh
16-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Aye, i thought it was faulty at first but then read the manual properly :-D

You can pic up the nosram for a less than the lrp so I'd go with the nosram unless you absolutely have to have blue!!!! :-P

PaulRotheram
16-09-2006, 08:22 PM
blue is faster! since getting a blue case for my nosram its definatly been quicker! :D

Ewar
16-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Is it basically a choice between the big 3 at the moment

Ie Nosram, LRP & Novak??

Or is it worth hanging on till the start of next year and seeing what else is released, i would have thought that CML may bring the reedy motors over and there is talk of the Tekin and GM systems looking promising

Chris Doughty
16-09-2006, 09:58 PM
the Reedy Brushless motors are made by LRP so they are the same as the LRP Vector or whatever the NOSRAM version is called.

Ewar
17-09-2006, 11:25 AM
so i guess really its a choice between Novak and the other one ( Lrp, Reedy, Nosram )

Is there a great deal to choose between them