PDA

View Full Version : 47th Shizuoka Hobby Show 2008

jimmy
15-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Here are some first views of the new Kyosho ZX5 FS and Hotbodies D4 Sport. http://teamnovi.blog.drecom.jp/

The new Kyosho ZX5 FS uses a different layout to the prototype mid-motor cars used at the World Championships in 2007. The motor has moved far forward - similar to the Atomic Carbon S4 and Atomised B44 chassis. It also looks like Kyosho tried to make this car relatively narrow - a low profile servo being a clue. And whilst those cars were carbon fibre - this production car uses a moulded composite material.

http://blog.drecom.jp/teamnovi/img/562/2008051514330000.jpghttp://blog.drecom.jp/teamnovi/img/560/2008051511080001.jpg

The D4 Sport accepts a stick pack across the chassis - though it's not entirely clear how the drive to the rear is acheived! We'll see - but it looks firmly aimed at the beginner market, something the sport desperately needs.

See more photos on the Team Novi blog here: http://teamnovi.blog.drecom.jp/

ben
15-05-2008, 02:22 PM
I reckon they have drilled a hole through the stick pack on the D4 for the shaft to go through :lol:

Scouser
15-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Trivial I know, but I am so glad Kyosho have used a moulded chassis! :thumbsup: Top plate looks prime target for the Atomic Carbon treatment aswell.;)

jimmy
15-05-2008, 02:38 PM
this is the car from the Worlds that I mentioned - so you can see the layout is different. The weight on this new car is further spread out and more toward the front - which I guess in theory will make it turn a little slower because of the intertia, but make it more stable?
I wish I could say this car will be popular but Kyosho haven't been proactive in off road at all - instead losing the momentum they had when hitting the scene again back in 2005.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/worldchampionships-2007/day5/bigimages/OOP_8970.jpg

jimmy
15-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Another photo:

http://www.yaggy.jp/modules/wordpress/attach/080515_zx5_FS.JPG

Source: http://www.yaggy.jp

jimmy
15-05-2008, 02:54 PM
http://www.yaggy.jp/modules/wordpress/attach/080515_D4mid.jpg

Scouser
15-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Fingers crossed, with the release of the new platform, Kyosho might want to support a UK factory team!

jimmy
15-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I very much hope so but I won't be holding my breath :lol:

dave g
15-05-2008, 04:12 PM
wonder if the driveshaft is set right next to the chassis floor on the hb?

mes
15-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Nice car, the Lazer, BUT I am now considering to buy an Xray touring car, for I know it will at least be the current model for one year, not only a few months...:thumbdown:.

Markus Schmidt
prospective CAT SX buyer

...and of course the plastic HB is also very nice!

jimmy
15-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Must just sneak over the top somehow - where's Skelding when you need to quiz him.

mes
15-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Right behind you, Jimmy!:woot:

vinny20
15-05-2008, 05:07 PM
this is the car from the Worlds that I mentioned - so you can see the layout is different. The weight on this new car is further spread out and more toward the front - which I guess in theory will make it turn a little slower because of the intertia, but make it more stable?
I wish I could say this car will be popular but Kyosho haven't been proactive in off road at all - instead losing the momentum they had when hitting the scene again back in 2005.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/worldchampionships-2007/day5/bigimages/OOP_8970.jpg

i dont get this why where the kyosho team testing this car in carbon chassis and whats the point of releasing them in plastic :confused: i did hear after the worlds the team drivers that where racing these cars such as mark pavidis had to take it back to the factory for some more testing and working on the car so the FS could be a good car

Welshy40
15-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Well I am a bit surprised. I dont like shaft drives but i would buy either one of those cars. The Lazer, well I think it actually is more balanced than the other versions and a bit of thought has gone into it - well done, its about time Kyosho. Also HB is stunning as well. What to buy when I have the cash.........

vinny20
15-05-2008, 05:22 PM
then again it cant to bad right even though i dnt like kyosho as much they havnt made a big impact in off road like jimmy said

DCM
15-05-2008, 05:52 PM
looking at the HB, is seems the spur gear sits pretty high, which may just give the right amount of clearance on the battery with an angled center driveshat....

The Kyosho has just move the slipper to the front and my just release a little more chassis real estate up for mounting electrics easier.

terry.sc
15-05-2008, 05:57 PM
i dont get this why where the kyosho team testing this car in carbon chassis and whats the point of releasing them in plastic Simple answer, it's a lot easier to cut carbon sheet to play around with different layouts than it is to mould a tub for each idea they come up with. Layout not right, just cut another chassis.

When it comes to production if you can afford the investment it works out a lot cheaper to mould tubs than have every chassis cut from carbon, especially as a moulded tub can be stiffer and stronger than carbon sheet with the right material.

dave g
15-05-2008, 06:04 PM
i think what he means terry is why do all the testing on a completely different handling chassis than the final product

JonBoy
15-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi Terry,

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Very good answer!!!!! I don't know you but you say some good.

John

Simple answer, it's a lot easier to cut carbon sheet to play around with different layouts than it is to mould a tub for each idea they come up with. Layout not right, just cut another chassis.

When it comes to production if you can afford the investment it works out a lot cheaper to mould tubs than have every chassis cut from carbon, especially as a moulded tub can be stiffer and stronger than carbon sheet with the right material.

JonBoy
15-05-2008, 06:08 PM
:woot: lololololol........... Wait & See!

I very much hope so but I won't be holding my breath :lol:

JonBoy
15-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Hi Scouser,

I reply to you but also for all others who want to know.

Actually Kyosho UK would like to have Team Drivers in all classes and be a leader in each but sometimes things do not happen like we would have liked.

Kyosho UK boyz are pur competitors and are really close to the racing scene so we always think about it and we will continue to think about it. But like any competitor we know what must be done and what we can't do. Kyosho UK won't never accept to support any driver if we are considering the actual platform (kit) not good enought to win and offer a wide range of chance to the racer, which is the case of the actual Lazer ZX5.

It's not good to offer sponsorship or hire drivers if they are going to struggle with your car...... A brand can take this risk only in classes that offer a wide and high range of image or exposure and that you can't be missing like in 1/8 Rallycross. UK competition scene offer a very good level in general and even higher in EP. Therefore we did not take any risk as we are too new on this market and we have not enought history to make the correct choices.

Maybe in 2009, we will act differently because we are getting more popular in UK, the brand is strong enought and we are getting more familiar with racers name and result whatever their classes.

At the moment it's a hard time on the racing scene but we keep strong and continue our hard work to stay at the highest level. I trust in this new kit because there is a big and friendship team at Kyosho who aim to win and want to win everytime. So just wait and see........I will always recognize better the face of the racer who trusted in the Lazer ZX5 when it was hard to stay on the top.......than the face of the racer who bashed and gone elsewhere just because a Kit or a deal was not good enought......

Stay tuned as the new Lazer ZX5 FS should be there quiet soon.

Thank you,

Fingers crossed, with the release of the new platform, Kyosho might want to support a UK factory team!

vinny20
15-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi Scouser,

I reply to you but also for all others who want to know.

Actually Kyosho UK would like to have Team Drivers in all classes and be a leader in each but sometimes things do not happen like we would have liked.

Kyosho UK boyz are pur competitors and are really close to the racing scene so we always think about it and we will continue to think about it. But like any competitor we know what must be done and what we can't do. Kyosho UK won't never accept to support any driver if we are considering the actual platform (kit) not good enought to win and offer a wide range of chance to the racer, which is the case of the actual Lazer ZX5.

It's not good to offer sponsorship or hire drivers if they are going to struggle with your car...... A brand can take this risk only in classes that offer a wide and high range of image or exposure and that you can't be missing like in 1/8 Rallycross. UK competition scene offer a very good level in general and even higher in EP. Therefore we did not take any risk as we are too new on this market and we have not enought history to make the correct choices.

Maybe in 2009, we will act differently because we are getting more popular in UK, the brand is strong enought and we are getting more familiar with racers name and result whatever their classes.

At the moment it's a hard time on the racing scene but we keep strong and continue our hard work to stay at the highest level. I trust in this new kit because there is a big and friendship team at Kyosho who aim to win and want to win everytime. So just wait and see........I will always recognize better the face of the racer who trusted in the Lazer ZX5 when it was hard to stay on the top.......than the face of the racer who bashed and gone elsewhere just because a Kit or a deal was not good enought......

Stay tuned as the new Lazer ZX5 FS should be there quiet soon.

Thank you,

yeah ok kyosho have gone all out on this FS but still i would prefer the carbon kit if i was to buy a kyosho id rather fancy the carbon fs. A mate of mine bought a sp and is going back to associated because the spares are just hard to get hold of he said Now i cant fault him there
but with all due respect as far as the kyosho goes the part just let it down

Scouser
15-05-2008, 08:41 PM
I am suprised to read that you didn't consider the ZX-5 chassis strong enough to support for team drivers. It is the current North west regional champion and looks a good bet to retain its title in the hands of one Mr Weldon. The funny thing is, the battery layout was one of the cars major discussion points. Many felt that the balance was off with too much weight being down one side. I reckon it is a safe bet that Li-Po batteries will be allowed next year and the lighter cells will make the balance of the 'old' style ZX-5 pretty much spot on!
Vinny, where was your mate looking for his spares? DMS and plenty of other online retailers will get them through your door next day!

Scouser
15-05-2008, 08:52 PM
JonBoy, would you happen to know if any of the new platform is Mr Losi jnrs design? Also, any idea on a release date?

vinny20
15-05-2008, 08:58 PM
didnt ask him about the it to much but he said hes happy with associated and he sticking with them hes got the b44 and said it way better than the sp i cnt say anything there cos i havnt driven any one of those but i would put my money on the associated if u go at any national thers a good chance of getting parts straight away with kyosho its hard thers not many racers with spares

RogerM
16-05-2008, 06:21 AM
This car (ZX5-FS) is an interesting prospect, the weight is indeed morfe spread out but there is definite potential to move the weight a fair bit further forward than the D-J-4(4) cars, as people have said similar to the AC cars.

Why run a different layout at the worlds ...... well first off they would have done it for the same reasons as everybody else ran that layout .... on that track it worked. Why do something different now? Well that is called development, you can only assume that many of those testing the car share my feeling that the weight all being towards the rear isn't the way to go.
So why have they released the car with the cells so rearward? That will be to make the car easier to drive for the average joe ..... the spread out weight distribution will be quite gentle to react and those won't catch out the more novice driver with super sharp direction changes, also having weight over the rear will aid traction on the loose, weight at the front will give very smooth steering.

How has Gil been involved ...... well I don't know for sure but I bet that the car's actual weight distribution won't be far of that of a XX4 with the cells in the rear most position!

Jonathan ..... I'll take the first of the AC conversions when you do one .... :D

RogerM
16-05-2008, 06:27 AM
Jonboy ...... I think you need to drive my ZX5-SP ...... until last weekend all Kyosho components (just fitted the alloy shock mounts from 3- racing after seeing the jumps at Ozwestry ... otherwise still all Kyosho) and it's going as quickly as I can push it, driver not the car is the limitation here!!!

A couple of people who are "quick" who have driven it have been very complimentry and a few other quick guys who have seen it go have commented on how good it looks around the track.

I don't think that your comment is going to help sell any of these great cars now is it?!?!?!?! :o

jimmy
16-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm not actually sure what Jon said there - first that the ZX5 wasn't good enough for Kyosho to bother properly support it - then that they only respect people who stood by the ZX5 instead of racing something else. Unless I'm completely on drugs, thats an extreme double standard. :eh?:

If a small company like XFactory can win a National - a big company like Kyosho can. I think the difference is they wanted to.

Lee
16-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Exactly jimmy, xfactory have made the cars for optimum performance, they also show enthusiasm as a team, from the "B" drivers right upto Ellis, BK and Chazz the boss man.

Kyosho are a huge company and are probably controlled by a finance department as they are profit driven. Dont get me wrong im sure Chazz would love a huge turnover like kyosho but i think it would be used in a different way. Kyosho are just going to develop a car that works in japan and us UK guys will have to make do. Very poor IMO:thumbdown:

JCJC
16-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Kyosho UK won't never accept to support any driver if we are considering the actual platform (kit) not good enought to win and offer a wide range of chance to the racer, which is the case of the actual Lazer ZX5.

Wish you had told us that before we spent the money & time on our ZX-5 JonBoy, if its not good enough then why produce it

<O:p</O:pI can see something may have been lost but your English is good enough to know what you are saying, there are still a lot of plusses with the lazer, but your statement is very disappointing, which cars do you think "offer a chance" to the racer?

<O:p</O:p
:confused::confused::confused:

Lee
16-05-2008, 09:51 AM
BJ4, B44, D4 etc

The ones they have just cloned :thumbdown:

RSharpy
16-05-2008, 09:51 AM
I agree Jimmy, extreme double standards here and tbh i'm somewhat speechless that these comments have been made on a public forum by some body who works for Kyosho UK. The same person who made a post on this forum a couple of months ago offering shop drives and stating that the SP was a work in progress and here to stay. Were these shop drives there to exhaust kits from stock? hmm. I knew months ago that there was a new car been released in the middle of this year, so Jonboy you must of known too.

Going to stop now because I might say something I shouldn't and a public forum isn't the place.

Richard Sharp.

Lee
16-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Going to stop now because I might say something I shouldn't and a public forum isn't the place.

Its ok mate, i do it all the time :lol:

vinny20
16-05-2008, 09:58 AM
WELL said lee thats true thats why if u go to USA and JAPAN the guys over there always race kyosho,yokomo,tamiya because yeah the cars are very good but they dont struggle with parts because these cars mainly come from there but if kyosho think there gonna make an impact they better think twice kyosho didnt even make it to the euros last year now there are more better cars out there that perform better than kyosho and yokomo such as xfactory,hotbodies,associated,losi

DCM
16-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Well, admitedly that takes some balls to say that they didn't push the ZX5 or sponsor drivers as the car wasn't good enough, in what way, I am not sure, whether they just didn't have the confidence in the unit or that they couldn'y tie up a national F1 driver to run it, I am not sure, but then there is the RB5 which, I am sure is a more than capable car, so why not sponsor to drive 2wd and leave 4wd an open choice.

I am nor a Kyosho fan, but by not supporting drivers, either blatantly or surupticiously then you have killed sales to the 'racing fraternity' then you get guys buying the Ready Set ZX5, turning up to a club day and realising the car just isn't 'man enough'

jimmy
16-05-2008, 10:23 AM
They had F1 drivers begging to race for them if I'm totally honest.

Lee
16-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I dont think what jonboy has said is bad, he has only said what we have all said before. Dont forget kyosho never brought out the zx5 and thought it would win a WC or even a national. It was aimed at the club racer, the sp seems to be a bit more competitive but it is still 2 years behind in design.

People dont buy the latest kyoshos and think they are buying the latest and greatest, if they do then they are seriously deluded:)

RSharpy
16-05-2008, 10:37 AM
The RB5 is the latest and now i've driven mine i'd also say its the greatest. If the new 4wd cuts the grade it will make Kyosho a strong force in tenth off road. Thats if they get a 'direct' team together.

jimmy
16-05-2008, 10:46 AM
I think you're a bit wrong there Lee - look at Japan and USA, they do believe.

Saying "its what we have all said before" simply isn't true - some people yes, you know, those same people who laughed at the Tamiya Durga until I proved it was competitive, or the 501X until Hupo won the euros, or the RB5 until woody put it in multiple A finals - etc.
The best design ever? hmmm, not sure. Capable of winning the worlds and Nationals? In the right hands of course.:thumbsup: If you think the XXX4 is a vastly superior car, you're on crack! :lol:

Lee
16-05-2008, 10:53 AM
The xxx4 was quick on dirt though wasn`t it, it just didnt suit out bumpy tracks.

I dont know who laughed at the 501x i was only getting into off road when it was released so i really didnt know much about the design. I thought the yokomo looked cool though:lol: The durga is ace, to be honest i new nothing about them until i saw yours and i was very impressed, i couldnt tell if you were using the 501 or the durga at york regional, thats how good it is.

I should of really said kyosho 4wd cars as the RB5 has been proven to be quick in the right hands.

I think even woody would agree though that the SP is still a little off the pace:)

jimmy
16-05-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm not one to speak for people - but since you mention it, woody said how great the sp looked, and was very eager to get one. He already had setup changes in mind to improve the car.:thumbsup:

I'd have loved to have seen someone of his ability fully supported to race these cars and show how good they can be. It's easy to write something off when some 'bod' is racing it, but when an F1 driver races it and can't do well - then you can write it off :lol:. Only reason you respect the RB5 more than the ZX5sp is because it was in National A finals - the ZX5sp never got that chance. :thumbdown:

Anyway, this new car looks good - I just think they need to sort themselves out and push the brand in racing circles some more..

MK Racing
16-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Not sure who JonBoy is? he does not work at Kyosho UK, the Kyosho UK Team Manager is Mike Cradock.
From what Mike has told me, Kyosho UK are looking into running a 1/10th team in 2009 are are currently in talks with drivers, they did not run a team this year as all the top drivers were already contracted by other teams for the 2008 season.

RSharpy
16-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Johnboy's made statements as an 'official word from Kyosho' in recent months. That begs the question what is your role within Kyosho UK Johnboy?

jimmy
16-05-2008, 11:29 AM
I have met Jon before, he works at Kyosho France, which I beleive owns Kyosho UK?

Marc, I could probably name half a dozen F1 drivers that have wanted to race Kyosho but for whatever reason Kyosho never did anything. Whatever Mike says I'm sure is true, but it's more likely their late timing than lack of available drivers. Roll on '09 though, about time :)

MK Racing
16-05-2008, 11:39 AM
I have met Jon before, he works at Kyosho France, which I beleive owns Kyosho UK?

Marc, I could probably name half a dozen F1 drivers that have wanted to race Kyosho but for whatever reason Kyosho never did anything. Whatever Mike says I'm sure is true, but it's more likely their late timing than lack of available drivers. Roll on '09 though, about time :)

Jimmy,
Yes, Kyosho UK is part of FDL (the Kyosho importer in France) but Mike does not know who "JonBoy" is at FDL?
I know he was in contact with a couple of drivers but agreed, I think he was to late, roll on 2009:thumbsup:

RogerM
16-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Jimmy ..... as chief "bod" I have to say I agree. I have worked really hard with these cars and some people have put their time into helping me (thanks Jake aka General Zod) and I can honestly say that both cars are now very, very good ..... in fact far better than my left thumb at the moment (at least I am honest).

They need to pull there finger out and get some support out there for us if we are to continue to run Kyosho. I am the sort of person who loves the thecnical challenge of turning up to a track with an unproven car and working out set-ups from a clean sheet .... not everbody is like that.
Some of you might be suprised to hear that I very nearly changed chassis for the last national simply to be able to get some support (for those interested it was going to be a Pred X11 because of my history with that brand). I am now very glad I stuck to my guns as the ZX5-SP has rewarded the efforts by being brilliant to drive all though qualifying at Oz.
I have even been trying different 2wds of late (XXX-Cr and X6) for the same reason but neigher of them suit me as well as the RB5 so I am again super happy that the last round of tweeks have found the sweet spot on the RB5!

As for the 4wd new car I say lets have it, although I doubt my car will stay on the stock chassis long! It's definately not a D-J-44 clone with the motor that far forward ... I think Lee needs his eyes checking ;) :D

BradR
16-05-2008, 12:23 PM
This car (ZX5-FS) is an interesting prospect, the weight is indeed morfe spread out but there is definite potential to move the weight a fair bit further forward than the D-J-4(4) cars, as people have said similar to the AC cars.

Why run a different layout at the worlds ...... well first off they would have done it for the same reasons as everybody else ran that layout .... on that track it worked. Why do something different now? Well that is called development, you can only assume that many of those testing the car share my feeling that the weight all being towards the rear isn't the way to go.
So why have they released the car with the cells so rearward? That will be to make the car easier to drive for the average joe ..... the spread out weight distribution will be quite gentle to react and those won't catch out the more novice driver with super sharp direction changes, also having weight over the rear will aid traction on the loose, weight at the front will give very smooth steering.Let me see if I've got this right...

The SP copied most of the BJ4 suspension geometry (there are posts on other threads stating that you can actually use BJ4/B44 parts), but they stuck with the original chassis. This car has moved the rear shocks to the front of the arms, so that is yet another change making the suspension more like the BJ4.

The new chassis on this car is very similar to the BJ4WE. The motor is facing the other direction, but it's in roughly the same location. Just imagine if there were two bulkheads and a spur gear filling the gap behind the motor instead of in front. It might be a little further forward, but it moves the other electronics a little further back.

You hated the BJ4WE, and you made sure everyone with internet access knew about it. You loved the original Lazer, but thought the SP (with BJ4 suspension geometry) was a huge improvement. This car is even more like the BJ4WE. But this car has a Kyosho label, so it's a well balanced and easier to drive car.

Richard Lowe
16-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Someone pass the popcorn :lol:

After watching your cars at the first couple of nationals Rog I can see why you don't get on with decently setup cars, you have an entirely digital left thumb :p

Neil Skull
16-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Thats funny as i am here eating my Nachos.
:thumbsup:

richardj
16-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Didn't a ZX5 run at Worksop earlier this year with the rear shocks in that position.

Richard

Northy
16-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I have a front row seat for this..... :thumbsup:

G

MK Racing
16-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Thats funny as i am here eating my Nachos.

Nachos!! Better watch out, Mike will eat them when you are not looking:woot:

Good to see that we now have an official "Kyosho UK" spokesman on here:thumbsup:

JonBoy
16-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi guys,

:o I think my english as created a big storm here!!!!!

So firstly i want to apologise to evryone for what has been written by me on this topic. :thumbdown:

Obviously, what has been understood from my words is not what i wanted to say and i have to apologise for my lack of understanding english. :blush: "Next time i will take my translator with me"

Also, I'm not the man at Kyosho UK to set any sponsoring strategy. I do believe our products remain the very best so if it is been understood in a different way, i'm really sorry.:yawn:

:thumbsup: I promise, i will take more english course this year.

Thank you for your understanding and really sorry for this un-appropriate words.

John

Neil Skull
16-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi Mark,

I am not an ofiical spokes person but i have my own views.

Just joined to check out whats going on. I dont want to get involved it is good enough without me :p

BTW i waited till Mike went out to eat my Nachos!!!!!!!

bondy
16-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi guys,

:o I think my english as created a big storm here!!!!!

So firstly i want to apologise to evryone for what has been written by me on this topic. :thumbdown:

Obviously, what has been understood from my words is not what i wanted to say and i have to apologise for my lack of understanding english. :blush: "Next time i will take my translator with me"

Also, I'm not the man at Kyosho UK to set any sponsoring strategy. I do believe our products remain the very best so if it is been understood in a different way, i'm really sorry.:yawn:

:thumbsup: I promise, i will take more english course this year.

Thank you for your understanding and really sorry for this un-appropriate words.

John

John your english spoken and written is better than 40% people in the UK ! :thumbsup: except for FAB !

Hows it going matey ? You probably heard I have joined the Kyosho Team by now! Truggy for now then a 777/ RB and eventually a Lazer ! Good to see you at the NEO ! :)

DCM
16-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Fabs got an excuse, he is French lol....

Karl Marsden
16-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi guys,

Just thought it was also a good time to come in on the conversation as I have been contacted by a few people.

Anyway, just to give a bit of background information from my own personal point of view:

Firstly, Jon is French, there is no excuse for that! :p sorry "Jean" (as you would say in French), you are not forgiven, you owe us UK guys a large BEER as we are working damm hard!:woot:

OKay, Jon Buy was correct in his last email in appologising to all you guys, and it shows how easily things can be miss read, so I would like to try and just try to give you all some more confidence as this is the way I see things:

In the past Kyosho have had some great results, and was the very first team that first enspired me to want to be sponsored back then, as they did it in style for sure!

I recently joined Kyosho UK for those who will not know me from my racing days, simply becuase I know there is MASSIVE potential for the brand again here in the UK when it comes down to racing, and I wanted to be part of a growing company that have so much passion and history for Radio Control.

The challenge is set for me, and I hope I can add some value both to the brand and to support the guys back at base.

The UK has a strong future headed by Mike Craddock, Neil Skull and now myself, supported by a whole network of good people back at Kyosho France (FDL) so you really should not worry about availability of Kyosho, as that's our job to help gain your confidence and get it on the shelves. Any extra help would be cool!

Kyosho UK understand their market place right now, and that Kyosho have really great potential to become one of the largest racing brands in the UK again.

It will take time for sure, we are realistic and something that Kyosho UK are already addressing at local and regional level, whilst supporting the local Model Shops in the process.
The building blocks are in place for Kyosho UK, and your feedback is never more appreciated, but for now Mike & I are now slowly creating a new racing image in both gas & electric in the UK, and we continue to take it a step at a time.

Once again, I apologise for the confusion, but I am confident you will see more cars at your local club over the next 12 months, so don't be affriad about supply, just call the UK office or look at the dealer section on www.kyoshoeurope.com (http://www.kyoshoeurope.com) for your nearest stockist.

I look forward to seeing some of the old faces around the track again!

PS-I am new to this forum stuff, and I don't have much time to surf, so please don't be offended if you do not get a reply :thumbsup:

PPS-Forget the Lazer, where's my Nacho's team Kyosho! Don't say with the MP9, cos that ain't good enough:mad:

Regards
Karl

JCJC
16-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Personaly not a nacho's fan, but a big fan of Kyosho staff and now team drivers/racers posting on this forum. Welcome:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kyosho ZX-5 FS..........put the nacho's down and post some more pictures and info :thumbsup::thumbsup: please

Northy
16-05-2008, 03:49 PM
What does "FS" stand for? :confused:

G

MattADH
16-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Good afternoon, Mr Jean-Yves Ferte!

jimmy
16-05-2008, 03:57 PM
they 'guess' on some Japanese site it means 'Front motor & Seperate batteries - bit of a wild guess if you ask me. :woot:

dave g
16-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Fister Speed I think G

Northy
16-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Good call Dave, I think your right :thumbsup:

G

Fabs
16-05-2008, 04:09 PM
"Next time i will take my translator with me"

That would be ME :p

I'm not French I'm from Barnsley really, I managed to fool you all these years Bond.

More seriously, the FS looks good, certainly an improvement over the SP otherwise they wouldn't have released it. Regarding the lack of c/f chassis and parts, look at how much a lazer is compared to the rest of the cars, and you will have the answer. I would personally rather have a cheap plastic tub from kyosho than a pandora's box from schuey at a small fortune...

Gayo
16-05-2008, 04:33 PM
John your english spoken and written is better than 40% people in the UK !

I can tell you that jonboy's french is worse than 40% people in the UK !
:thumbdown::lol::lol::p

Fabs
16-05-2008, 04:36 PM

In your face / dans sa face ! How do raph?

James
16-05-2008, 05:05 PM
I would personally rather have a cheap plastic tub from kyosho than a pandora's box from schuey at a small fortune...

Small fortune.. a 100 more !?
Dont you have a 501x? - arent they expensive, like 400 !? and blinged up to the max with carbon fibre and blue anodising :p

RogerM
16-05-2008, 05:35 PM
JonBoy ..... accepted ...... it's not your fault that there are 21 miles separating you from a proper language ;) :D (joking before the row starts).

Richard, your right about that thumb .... something I am working on a lot at the moment but after 10 years of stock before ever touching a mod (and ran stock along side mod right up till the early 2000s) then 3 years of rallycross have not helped much in that respect. This is the first year since the B4 came out that I've run a 2wd car and brushless is a step too far for me at the moment so going back to brushed in 2wd for the feel.

Anyway, back on topic .......... would be great to see some of the country's fastest guys with the cars at Nationals and beyond.

Karl .... great to see you on the forum, heard you had joined Kyosho UK which can only be good for all of us.

Neil, will Kyosho UK be holding stock now or is it the same situation as before with everything coming over from France?

Fabs
16-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Small fortune.. a 100 more !?
Dont you have a 501x? - arent they expensive, like 400 !? and blinged up to the max with carbon fibre and blue anodising :p

Still cheaper than a Schuey, lol. By the way I don't have it anymore...

James
16-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Schueys just over 300... :)

Neil Skull
16-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi Dom,

All stock comes from the european warehouse in France.
As you know takes 2 days to be delivered from ordering.

How is your guy getting on with hs car? sorry i dont know his name.

Fabs
16-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Schueys just over 300... :)

That's what i'm saying, cheaper than a schuey :p

Lee
16-05-2008, 06:22 PM
What did jonboy mean then if he did not mean the car was not good enough.

Its a bit of an unfortunate translation error if you ask me:confused:

Jon- do you need a bigger spade mate?:lol:

smokes
16-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I think knowing Jean, he meant that the car wasn't developed enough to be competitive on at pro level. Which is understandable as this was the first new off road car since the Kyosho Lazer ZXR, and it was designed to be and on road touring car as well.

As you have seen since 2005 Kyosho have already made some revisions to the stallion tc as it has grown it team to develope it. now that kyosho have Gil Losi jr they can futher develope their rc car range that why the ne w fs has come out to adress the issues of the lazer sp.

I think this car was done to get a toe hold in market so that it would buy them time to developed the chassis to a pro level. i know Tamiya didn't do this with the 501x but that because it is a clone of the bj4. As well Tamiya also spending a lot more cash on RD on it because they have the drivers and resources(TRF).

Note i don't own a 501x or a Kyosho so a can't comment how good or bad they are but i do know Jean and Fab

a crappy b4 driver

Neil Skull
16-05-2008, 06:39 PM
BTW Mike and I are have been playing with some AP.(aerial photography)

We just come back from our local field. A second video is uploading onto you tube now so check it out later tonight.It is me trying to catch his glider with my f-16.
Did not do a good job though as i was scared of hitting him.
You have to look carefully to see.
still it shows we dont just make cars at Kyosho:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNbzdxX0znQ

Neil Skull
16-05-2008, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhcbJFwIpEU

Neil Skull
16-05-2008, 06:44 PM
this was mike and i comedy double act flying me f-16

Inside Line
16-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Neil, thats like a SP with wings, fast, here, there and every where and out of bloody control :lol::thumbsup:

JohnM
16-05-2008, 07:19 PM
i know Tamiya didn't do this with the 501x but that because it is a clone of the bj4.

I think you'll find the 501x looks alot more of a Yokomo BX clone:lol:

Neil Skull
16-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Neil, thats like a SP with wings, fast, here, there and every where and out of bloody control :lol::thumbsup:

Ha Ha :thumbsup:
That was my first attempt at edf flying :p

telboy
16-05-2008, 08:37 PM
I've heard that the kyosho is doing bloody good in the states.
So expect the cars to be better than people expect.:)

Shame I just sold mine.:(

BradR
16-05-2008, 09:02 PM
I think you'll find the 501x looks alot more of a Yokomo BX clone:lol:That is true for the chassis layout, but the suspension geometry is an exact copy of the BJ4. The Tamiya prototypes actually used entire BJ4 suspension assemblies, CVDs, body, etc.

jimmy
16-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Right down to the pistons! how did I get such a good setup on the 501X straight away? I built it with the BJ4we setup I used. :thumbsup:

mes
17-05-2008, 07:39 AM
I wonder how many B44/BJ4WE/FS drivers will take their old BJ4s/SPs off the shelf when LiPo will finally be allowed and they notice that the saddle LiPo is screwing up the weight distribution of their cars...

Cruise
17-05-2008, 08:13 AM
@mes:They will run Schumacher Cars:p.

Cruise

JonBoy
17-05-2008, 08:21 AM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: MWAHAHAHAHAH........lololol........ How are you doing mate!

RogerM
17-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi Dom,

All stock comes from the european warehouse in France.
As you know takes 2 days to be delivered from ordering.

How is your guy getting on with hs car? sorry i dont know his name.

Hi Neil, it's not Dom it's Roger Mills (clue is in my forum name ..lol)

I am getting on well with the cars, thanks for asking. I am now fairly sure that I wouldn't be going any quicker with any other chassis brand in both classes. Any performance limitation has more to do with my thumbs than the Kyosho products!

The RB5 was a bit of a struggle to start with but a combination of getting used to 1/10th 2wd (not run one since 2003 or whenever the B4 came out). I now am very happy with the car and the key has been finding the correct droop balance.

The ZX5-SP has been great from the begining but has been getting better with each testing session. I am very happy with the car now.

I have been getting quite a few people to drive my cars and so far, certainly with the current base set-ups, have not had any negative feedback on either car. Several people have taken the cars on based on driving mine. I also intend to do a build guide for both cars now I have a little more time to help people who want to run the cars get going well straight from the box.

BradR
17-05-2008, 10:33 AM
I wonder how many B44/BJ4WE/FS drivers will take their old BJ4s/SPs off the shelf when LiPo will finally be allowed and they notice that the saddle LiPo is screwing up the weight distribution of their cars...There are a few drivers here in Florida who have gone back to the original BJ4 chassis layout (but keeping the other updates from the BJ4WE) with LiPo stick packs. Because the LiPo packs are so much lighter than NiMH, they actually add weight to the battery side of the car. They also add weight to the rear (right in front of the rear suspension mount) to get weight distribution similar to the BJ4WE. The guys running that setup say the love it, and the car is still lighter than with NiMH batteries.

Neil Skull
17-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi Neil, it's not Dom it's Roger Mills (clue is in my forum name ..lol)

I am getting on well with the cars, thanks for asking. I am now fairly sure that I wouldn't be going any quicker with any other chassis brand in both classes. Any performance limitation has more to do with my thumbs than the Kyosho products!

The RB5 was a bit of a struggle to start with but a combination of getting used to 1/10th 2wd (not run one since 2003 or whenever the B4 came out). I now am very happy with the car and the key has been finding the correct droop balance.

The ZX5-SP has been great from the begining but has been getting better with each testing session. I am very happy with the car now.

I have been getting quite a few people to drive my cars and so far, certainly with the current base set-ups, have not had any negative feedback on either car. Several people have taken the cars on based on driving mine. I also intend to do a build guide for both cars now I have a little more time to help people who want to run the cars get going well straight from the box.

Hi Roger,

Sorry for the confusion i just spotted the dc racing and made the connection.

good to hear you happy with the cars.

Had some good feedback so far especially on the RB5.

Darren Boyle
17-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Interesting thread.............

Good to see the "Kyosho Crew" on here, Neil chomping on Nachos, Karl getting hooked on oOple surfing and "FDL" Jean digging himself a bomb hole!! Interesting to see Mike not here, he must be on the sunbed again (eh Neil ... private joke), but I know he is aware of this thread since we spoke about it yesterday.

Kyosho do offer team drives to any shop who wishes to sponsor a local driver or two, but as already said they would prefer to get both cars up to speed, competative and sign up so "superstars" before they make a big push. Things dont happen overnight and as I think Marc Knight said they missed the start of this season so next season will be the aim for them.

As far as some of the earlier comments about not being able to get the spares, we have had large stocks of most of the Lazer ZX5 and Ultimas RB5 ones all on the shelf since the days the cars were released. We have had very few parts ever out of stock and they always arrive in quick fashion from Kyosho UK from the french distributor (in fact some fo their deliveries are quicker than some of the UK based suppliers are at present!!)

Kyosho UK are not doing a great deal wrong, they are also expanding their products lines with BIG name brands too and giving a good back up and service along the way. They just cant run before they have mastered the art walking.

Neil Skull
17-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi Darren,

thanks for your kind words, are you after a discount?

Being straight it is shops like yours and Marc's that do the best job for any brand of car or any model. You stock all the parts and give great support to the racing crowd.
Thats all they/we want.

And yes our range is growing :)

Adam Skelding
17-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Must just sneak over the top somehow - where's Skelding when you need to quiz him.
It does indeed sneak over the top quite ingeniously

Karl Marsden
17-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi Darren,

thanks for your kind words, are you after a discount?

Being straight it is shops like yours and Marc's that do the best job for any brand of car or any model. You stock all the parts and give great support to the racing crowd.
Thats all they/we want.

And yes our range is growing :)

Hey guys, what with Darren wanting discount, Neil doing some quality brown tongue with our customers, and Mike on the sunbed eating all the Nachos, don't forget the Northan base of oOple racers that need looking after up here! That's my job I guess:D

Basically Neil is right, good race shops will always be just that, and you will already find a few more shops up here in a position to order stock in, or have Kyosho on the shelves without too much hassel. I have had a great reception to stocking Kyosho, so fingers crossed and a little more time, you won't need to go down south with your passport to buy Kyosho anymore:thumbsup:

Shame Tel Boy appears to have passed completly to the Dark Side, wait till I see him........ Looking at his banner, he must have a thing going on with Skelding:cry:, as the pink theme is popular:woot:

Back to basics, club & regional racing with local top drivers attending, with a club/regional qualification to national meetings the following year will force top racers to have to race locally. Less milage, lower costs, more fun, and putting something back into local clubs and shops will attract the NEW racer of the future. It's just always been my personal opionion, due to the fact I think that when you look back, all the big names of RC have come from that format of racing.

I was very fortunate to be sponsored at such a level, and I would love to help improve the lack of "new blood" entering the class and see our sport move forward again with a bunch of beginners!

Any clubs intrested in letting new Kyosho owners race for free if we bang out a free race pass when they buy a NEW Kyosho readyset or Nitro, regardless of what style of buggy, truck or touring car? That's Kyosho Karl's idea should any other distributer dare to claim it as their idea:mad: Let's look at the big picture. If you see a new racer at the track, make them feel welcome guys, we all had to start somewhere....

Happy Racing, and thanks for all your support on behalf of Kyosho UK....

BTW-Neil, call Darren & Mark for that large spares order on Monday for RB5 & SP, it was worth a fiver to get him to say that:lol:

Good to hear from you Darren, both you and Mark know what it takes to keep the racers rolling....

Karl Marsden
17-05-2008, 11:13 PM
It does indeed sneak over the top quite ingeniously

speak of the devil and he appears, right in the middle of a Kyosho thread.

Ads, you in the wrong place mate:D

Only joking, you are always welcome in the Kyosho club, be like old time mate.......:thumbsup:

How you doing buddy!

Darren Boyle
18-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Karl, the thread started about the announcement of the new ZX5 FS AND teh HB Plastic D4, that is why Adam is here..............:woot:

caneye
18-05-2008, 12:43 PM
back to shizuoka ... any other interesting cars?
HB D2 perhaps?

telboy
18-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Shame Tel Boy appears to have passed completly to the Dark Side, wait till I see him........ Looking at his banner, he must have a thing going on with Skelding:cry:, as the pink theme is popular:woot:

Hahahaha :lol:, Adam is good to us. :thumbsup: Should be the team manager!:D

You'll have to work hard Karl.;)

Although, I did like the RB5.......

Karl Marsden
19-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Hahahaha :lol:, Adam is good to us. :thumbsup: Should be the team manager!:D

You'll have to work hard Karl.;)

Although, I did like the RB5.......

Hi Tel, the main thing is that people are racing....and enjoying it mate....I can't do anything about having Adz as your team manager though:confused: :thumbdown::lol:

It's enough to get the transmitter out again, I can tell you:p I miss the banter.

Karl Marsden
19-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Karl, the thread started about the announcement of the new ZX5 FS AND teh HB Plastic D4, that is why Adam is here..............:woot:

Hi Darren,

I was just getting used to this Forum stuff, whilst enjoying a stella and a late night surfing, it's good to see buggies again.......where it all began for us hey.

No idea just yet on ETA of Kyosho ZX5-FS, but the intrest is really good.

Just to confirm that I think the SP was basically a tidy up of the ZX5 and the seperate SP conversion kit, so new customers could simply buy the latest spec in one box to keep it simple.

The Kyosho ZX5-FS is Kyosho new car fitting in with the usual cycle of launching new product.

Kyosho do have many new projects at the show, take a full look here:
http://kyosho.com/eng/event/presently/shizuoka_hobby/index.html

telboy
19-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Hi Tel, the main thing is that people are racing....and enjoying it mate....I can't do anything about having Adz as your team manager though:confused: :thumbdown::lol:

It's enough to get the transmitter out again, I can tell you:p I miss the banter.

Are you coming to do some racing then? I can tell you, I'm deffo enjoying the off roading at the moment, soooo much better than the TC's.:thumbsup:

Mr Skelding isn't team manager, just saying that he ought to be. Ben is Team manager at the moment.

RSharpy
20-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Karl you seem to have taken to this Surfing lark, think the next stage for you is to do a Sharpy & Robbo and get a RB5 built, dust off the old transmitter and come out of retirement. :woot:

Also I like your idea of free passes for kids buying kits to point them in the direction of local clubs. Have noticed since returning that there are hardly any juniors racing and its quite worrying. Anything to help bring new blood in sounds like a excellent idea to me. :thumbsup:

Neil Skull
21-05-2008, 11:57 AM
I agree Karl when you gonna shows us how good you are with the 1/10th?

You already proven yourself with a truggy :)
http://www.rceasy.com/2008/04/12/uk-grp-dirt-challenge/

not bad for a first timer :thumbsup: