PDA

View Full Version : WHICH ONE TO RACE?

newberyclan
21-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Hi i want to get into 2wd 1/10th racing but torn between the b4 or dex 210 any suggestions on which one and why would be a great help thanks.

cunawarit
21-08-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm no expert but I'd say depending on the track. The Dex 210 can be cheaply built in mod motor config, right?

Id that's the case I'd go for that on a grippy track, or the B4 on a track with less grip.

But I am happy to be corrected here :) As I am as far away from an experienced racer as you could get.

Robocop
21-08-2012, 04:41 PM
So why 210 or b4????
There is sv2 or svr to consider also

Burty248
21-08-2012, 04:55 PM
I am a newbie to the RC scene and have a b4 and i can say i have no problem with it, but as most tracks in UK are for mid motor the 210 can i think be much more easily converted. the conversion kits for the b4 will cost a lot more.

knighthawk
21-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I am a newbie to the RC scene and have a b4 and i can say i have no problem with it, but as most tracks in UK are for mid motor the 210 can i think be much more easily converted. the conversion kits for the b4 will cost a lot more.

The Losi 22 can also be converted rear to mid motor layout !!

Juttie
21-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Tc02 cheap and very capable

Origineelreclamebord
21-08-2012, 07:02 PM
(Second hand) Xfactory X6? :)

I've been told it's very easy to get a reasonable pace from the car (easy to set up and drive) - I've also driven them a few times, I was very impressed with their performance.

New conversions are quite pricy but I heard used ones are currently pretty cheap (perhaps due to C4.1, Vega etc. conversions?). It's B4 based: The front end is entirely B4, the rear end is mostly Xfactory. I heard the Xfactory spares are pricy, but as a rookie racer myself I can say I broke most parts on the front end (bad landings and such), so I think it won't be the biggest problem.

My advice overall though: Go to the club you're looking to become a member (or several ones), look what they're driving, and ask who the most experienced driver(s) are. They are guys that can often help you best finding a good setup and increasing your performance - driving the same car as them will help, or perhaps their experience will go further than their own car(s) :)