PDA

View Full Version : One-way diff question

vinny20
16-05-2008, 09:33 PM
DOES anyone no whats effects does the d4 have when u put a front one way diff iv havnt done this before

PaulRotheram
16-05-2008, 09:51 PM
more steering in to a corner, more rotation, more pull out of a corner, becomes abit snatchy and direct.

the team have tried this a few times but most keep returning back to the centre one way, or even full 4wd on occasion!

vinny20
17-05-2008, 12:16 PM
So is it worth taking it to a national

PaulRotheram
17-05-2008, 06:33 PM
if you have one then yes, you should take everything to a national as you never know what will be needed - expect nothing! a one way diff is a big set up change and may be needed, you'l kick your self if you need it and forgot it at home!

only thing left to do is fit it and see how it feels yourself, some people love them, some people hate them, its very specific to preference.

telboy
17-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Suppose its worth taking anywhere really, to try and see if it suits your style.
I found the centre one-way to work particularly well at Oz, so stuck with it.

Its worth trying, to see if it would be any quicker for your style.

mattym0310
17-05-2008, 06:49 PM
might have one forsale vinny if your interested

Northy
17-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I run the 1 way diff all the time.

G

PaulRotheram
17-05-2008, 07:10 PM
I run the 1 way diff all the time.

G

it sucked for me at oz :thumbdown: changed to the centre one way in round 4 and the car was ace then and for the final, bah!

Spencer Mulcahy
17-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Its a funy thing a front one way I have tried them in all my buggys and touring cars and I just cant get on with them think it is a personal preferance thing.

Stuvon
17-05-2008, 10:27 PM
I have heard of people running both a front and centre one way at the some time. Is there any point to this or are they just too lazy to remove the centre one way when they fitted the front?

I would have thought it would be the same as running just a front one way...

I haven't tried the front one way yet but I use a centre one, I really like the ability to lock it solid with a pin. Saves having to dismantle the car in order to try it with full 4WD.

jimmy
17-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Using both is like using just the front one way - yes. Some people (Mark Pavidis) reckon you get a little (tiny) more steering with running both - but I think that's bollocks :lol:
You don't have to remove the centre one way on the D4 since it has a pin you can insert to lock it quickly - very neat!!