PDA

View Full Version : Old Skool race meeting

Mr Eccleston
30-08-2012, 06:16 PM
DDRCC will be hosting a meeting on 9th September to try and promote 1/10th electric off road racing and encourage as many people back racing.

The meeting will be run at NORA, start time will be 1pm and EVERYONE is welcome, new and experienced (old).

Just to give you an idea who has shown interest so far in attending, here's a few names:

Jimmy Hamilton
Kevin Nicolson
Mikey Petts (and his dad :woot: )
Derek "Fergy" Ferguson (might clash with F2 Worlds)

these guys will be borrowing cars if required to get them racing.

What we need now is all the current racers to show up and show them just how good the racing is these days.

As more people get back to me I'll keep updating the list, lets see just how many Scottish Champions we can get racing on the same day. If you know anyone that used to race make sure they know about this meeting, be great to see them back racing, but even if they come along to watch then that'll be good as well.

If you can race and are able to loan a car to someone can you post here and we'll sort it out.

Dave77
30-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Dunno if i am classed as an old racer or current, but i will make the effort to come along.

Mr Eccleston
30-08-2012, 06:24 PM
I think you have a foot in both camps :lol:

V6Jim
30-08-2012, 06:34 PM
You've no idea how stupidly excited I am about having a go again. I literally haven't held a transmitter for 13 years and haven't driven a buggy for about 20 years.

..I'm going to be rubbish. Probably.

Jimmy

Mr Eccleston
30-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Try and bring Jimmy Mac and Gordon G along with you, keep you company. Be good to see as many old facess possible.

Dave77
30-08-2012, 06:53 PM
You've no idea how stupidly excited I am about having a go again. I literally haven't held a transmitter for 13 years and haven't driven a buggy for about 20 years.

..I'm going to be rubbish. Probably.

Jimmy

Jimmy i was 18 yr gap. Its like riding a bike, will take you no time to get back into it.

I will see if George is up for it too.

V6Jim
30-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Try and bring Jimmy Mac and Gordon G along with you, keep you company. Be good to see as many old facess possible.

I tried to contact Gordon and have heard nothing. Jimmie Mac is too busy chucking himself down mountains on a bicycle to be interested. I'm on my own.... bwahhhh!

Jimmy

GBH
31-08-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm going to try and pop inpast it will be great to see you again Jimmy!

Derek do you have a post code handy?

V6Jim
31-08-2012, 10:55 AM
KY5 OAN

There is more info on here:

http://ddrcc.co.uk/norainfo.html

Hope to see you there George!

Jimmy

Mr Eccleston
31-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Use the post code with the map on the club website, if not it will take you in via a farm, and access may not always be available.

If you come down the motorway, come off at M90 J3. Head along A92 and come off at Lochgelly.

top of slip road turn right, then straight over the small round about. Loch Gelly will be on your right.

2 miles along that road you are turning left into a forest track, I', hoping to have a sign up showing the entrance.

Just go straight up the forest track, you will go straight through crossroads, past the moto x, and we are just over the brow of the hill.

KennyClark
02-09-2012, 10:40 AM
If the weather forecast says it will be dry then I will be there.

GBH
05-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the directions Derek.

See you all on Sunday :)

Mr Eccleston
07-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Weather still looking good for the weekend guys, lets hope we can get as many of the current racers along to show the "legends" how popular the racing still is.

I suspect Jimmy is going to be like a child on xmas morning come Sunday.

V6Jim
07-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Weather still looking good for the weekend guys, lets hope we can get as many of the current racers along to show the "legends" how popular the racing still is.

I suspect Jimmy is going to be like a child on xmas morning come Sunday.

Yeah, weather is looking OK... and yeah, I'm properly excited! Weird isn't it, you go for years and hardly give racing model cars a second thought, then, for some reason, it kicks back in! And boy, has it kicked! I'll be pestering everybody with questions about everything! Prepare yourselves!

Jimmy

PaulH555
09-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Fantastic driving again today. Thanks to all involved for making dad and me feel welcome again after 17 years! Thanks to Derek Kerr for invite and to James Collins for loan of the car.

Excellent fun!

Paul

Mr Eccleston
09-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Paul

It was great to see the likes of yourself back racing, didn't take long for the thumbs to work again, and got to say the finals were quite competitive.

Laps are up on the website now, I'm sure Martin will post some pictures later.

Now you just need to get a car sorted for next year :D

Derek

V6Jim
09-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Paul

It was great to see the likes of yourself back racing, didn't take long for the thumbs to work again, and got to say the finals were quite competitive.

Laps are up on the website now, I'm sure Martin will post some pictures later.

Now you just need to get a car sorted for next year :D

Derek
I think Pauls thumbs a bit less rusty than mine! I'd like to thank Derek for the invite and for the use of his Kyosho. Good fun and So fast!

Jimmy

GBH
10-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Good to see you all again and catch up. I'm looking forward to getting organised for next year once I decide which class I want run, running 2 cars is way too much work and hassle and does not leave enough time to talk to folk.

George

Dave77
10-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Would like to say I enjoyed it yesterday but spent so much time fixing the 2wd after failing to finish 2 heats, that I didnt get a chance to catch up. also running 2 cars is hard work.

I never got to spend any time setting them up either so it just felt too manic.

Enjoyed the finals though even though well off the pace. Some good racing. Well done Paul and Jimmy on their returns!!!

GBH
17-09-2012, 01:22 PM
B44.1 it is then all I'll have to do is build it and I might even run it at Ayr next month :o watch this space.

I'm going to keep the X6 for special occasions.

V6Jim
17-09-2012, 06:29 PM
B44.1 it is then all I'll have to do is build it and I might even run it at Ayr next month :o watch this space.

I'm going to keep the X6 for special occasions.

I may be up and running in time for that too. Just gotta find some cheap cells/motor/servo.

Jimmy

discothesnake
17-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Good Jimmy but don't buy too cheap. There is some Cheap Chinese crap out there.

Dave

Mr Eccleston
17-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Have a look at jemodels, they have the hpi flux 6.5 for £43.

Also, insideline have the orion saddle cells for £70, one pack will do you until outdoors start again.

We have lipo pouches for £10.

V6Jim
17-09-2012, 09:35 PM
I got the last HPI 6.5 from JE! Bargain!

I am taking a bit of a risk with the speedo - getting a 120A Hobbywing from China. £50, good reviews, programmable, fingers crossed!

Keeping an eye out for some LiPo bargains. And a good cheap servo... Ryan has offered to lend me a KO....

Jimmy

D20MCK
17-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Thunder Power 5000mAh 65C £59.99
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/electrics/thunder-power-lipo-5000mah-2s-saddle-65c-130c.html

HPI Plazma Pro 5600mAh 95C LiPo £59.99
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/electrics/hpi-plazmapro-7-4v-5600mah-95c-lipo-batterypack-40-7wh.html

Dynamite Platinum Series 6.5 £54.99
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/electrics/motors/dynamite-platinum-series-6-5-turn-sensored-race-motor.html

CORE RC Lipo Locker £10.00
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/electrics/electric-accessories/core-rc-lipo-locker-17-x-8-x-7cm.html

The batteries and motor are on the BRCA list, the lipo locker is the way to go rather than the sack type it's much easier to get your batteries in with all the plugs/connectors on.

MB Models give great service and the prices are really good to.