PDA

View Full Version : South Coast RC Car Club

HOTSHOT III
31-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi fellow oOplers, check us out:

http://www.southcoastrc.co.uk/

We also have a very active forum:

http://www.southcoastrc.co.uk/forum/portal.php

We are a friendly 1/10th and 1/8th off road club based near Ringwood in Hampshire, we have a permanent astro track and offer regular race days (including a winter series which is brilliant as you can slide around on the wet astro just like driving on dirt, and then it only takes about 20 mins to clean the car after a whole day's racing!!)

Most of us run 1/8th brushless buggies and truggies but we have a few diehard nitro drivers who always go well, and a thriving 1/10th class.

New drivers are always welcome so if you're on the south coast and fancy a good day's racing on a purpose built track, come down and see us soon!

stumpy
31-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi People

The track is located in Three Legged Cross, Dorset by the famous Ashley Heath Car Boot Sale.

We meet every Sunday, every other Sunday is race day, and we use the Robitronic Race gear (we have a few transponders for visitors @ £2 p/day).

To use the track you must BRCA membership and it's £5 pay and play.

As stated we run on Astro - Carpet (not turf).

New larger rostrum being built this year.

1/10 electric & nitro - 1/8 electric & nitro But the majority are brushless truggys

Pop down give it a go.

Stumpy - committee Chairman.

benl
03-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Do you guys still run a practise on a wednesday or has that finished for the year now?

HOTSHOT III
03-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Do you guys still run a practise on a wednesday or has that finished for the year now?

ATM it's getting dark at about 8.30 so Wednesday evenings are still very much on, the weather is supposed to be good this week so hope to see you there:)

benl
03-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Is it an open practise or organised racing, as I am pretty crap so hoping for some continuous practise :bored:

HOTSHOT III
03-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Is it an open practise or organised racing, as I am pretty crap so hoping for some continuous practise :bored:

Wednesdays are just open practice but if you haven't raced before it will improve your driving quicker than anything, we also have a race day this Sunday (again the weather looks good) so it might pay you to come down on Weds and get some laps in, then come back and race on the Sunday.

Don't worry if your driving isn't up to much at the moment, we have several club members who are pretty crap including myself:blush:

When I did my 1st ever race meeting (1/10th offroad at Tiverton) in 2003 i'd been playing around with R/C cars for years but in my 1st heat, halfway through the 1st lap with 8 other cars on the track I knew straight away I was driving better than my usual standard because of the adrenalin rush and tightness of the track compared to car parks etc.

We also have a seperate oval test area, going round and round an oval is another way to improve your driving quickly.

We use Robitronic transponders but you can rent one from the club for £2 for the day. Look forward to seeing you on Weds/Sun.

benl
03-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Cheers dude :thumbsup:
What time do you open the track Wednesday?

HOTSHOT III
03-09-2012, 06:30 PM

Any time after about 4pm is fine, the gate will be locked until a commitee member arrives but you can come in the other way accross the field, just ask the farmer or someone looking after the horses etc. and they'll show you which way to go.

HOTSHOT III
04-09-2012, 08:55 AM

Ben,

I've just heard from Guy (commitee member) who said he'll be arriving at the track at about 7pm, so if you get there before then, your 1st wednesday night is free anyway so feel free to just turn up and get started.

If you see anyone riding a horse along the dirt track behind the track, just stop until they've passed as we have a good relationship with the people who keep/ride their horses there and they appreciate this, I run electric and it still spooks some of them if I don't stop.

benl
05-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Hello chaps,
Going to have to work late today so don't think i will make it but hope to be along soon :thumbsup: