PDA

View Full Version : Shells from the 90's

Stuweatherman
04-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Just preparing a GTA shell for one of our team drivers and I had to double take, what the hell is up with this shell!!??? NO window markings, NO overspray film, we must be lucky to have window masks!! Is this left over from the 90's!!

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!! The minimum expected for a modern bodyshell is at least window markings and overspray film. Without overspray film how the hell are sprayers who don't have vinyl cutters expected to draw out their/the customers design??

If Phatbodies can at least supply window markings and overspray film on their micro shells then why the hell can't Kamtec??

Also the lexan is so thick that the first impact it cracks and ruins the shell, a little thinner would flex and not destroy the shell. The money saved could then be put towards improving the moulds and supplying film!

For such a good kit like the supastox at least supply a body that is deserved of the kit its meant for!!!

discothesnake
04-09-2012, 09:09 PM
I actually agree with this. I have raced Mardave V12's for years and I've often complained about Kamtec shells not having overspray film. It's not like they're super cheap! :bored:

Steveonamission
04-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Is a little inconvenient I must admit.

It just takes a little while cleaning the shell up after with motor spray and an old rag to remove pen marks etc...

You shouldn't have a problem though, good luck. :)

Stuweatherman
05-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Just accepting it isn't good enough, this is what happens when you have a monopoly business, they know you have no other choice!

Would hope that Schumacher get Kamtec to change this as you shouldn't just have to put up with it. If a product doesn't meet upto expectation then get the companies involved to change to what is expected of their products not just accept it because thats how it is.

DCM
05-09-2012, 08:55 AM
If your worried about removing pen marks from the lexan, the bast and safest way to remove them is to use some Lynx deoderant and kitchen roll, simples.