PDA

View Full Version : Lowestoft area clubs/racing?

boos boy
05-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Hi, I raced a couple of times in Ipswich back in 2005. I had a hot rod, banger and leggett2 stockcar, but it was a bit too far for me to travel. It was great fun.

I'd like to have another go at Mardaves but as we live nearer Lowestoft its a bit too far to travel to the clubs and most appear to be in West Suffolk. In between I've flown RC planes at a local club and started Helis but due to restrictions in weather and time I finished.

Does anyone near Lowestoft race/practice in the area on a regular basis, or anyone know of a group in this area? I guess with the mini rubber tyres they could even be raced on open tarmac? My local car club really only runs 1/10 xray touring cars and might have one mini/mardave heat if there are enough people some weeks.

Is a mardave any match for a touring car if they would let me run it? I'm not sure touring cars are for me, I just like the thought of mardaves.

I don't own any rc items at the moment but need a new hobby and Mardaves look good fun and a reasonable price to race, I'm open to stock car, circuit, oval or Banger racing for fun. I've been reading through the forum and learning lots, although practice is another thing, but any set-up tips/great would be great. One thing that has surprised me having come from planes/helis using Spektrum DX7 2.4 radio, i notice many car racers still use 27mhz radios, has 2.4 not developed for cars as much?

Is there anywhere else that may be a good idea to ask? This seems a very active forum and I have contacted a few local shops who have been very helpful.

Thank you for posting so much advice here.

RayS
05-09-2012, 11:13 PM
As far as I know you have 2 clubs fairly local to you one in Great Yarmouth and one at Cantley near Brundall both are oval circuts so more hotrods bangers and stox ask at 'Anglia models' Gorleston for more details.

boos boy
07-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks Ray, I was looking on BRCA site and couldn't find any.

I have spoken to Anglia Model centre and just trying to find contact details other than Facebook. I'll do a search here.

Thanx again, glad there are some local clubs.