PDA

View Full Version : Team c alloy parts issue

adey
08-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi all. I have a team tc02c with all the alloy bits and I have noticed that the front and rear hubs have play in them where the pivot pins go through. It seems the holes are slightly too large. I have new pivot pins do they are not the issue. I wondered if anybody else has had a similar issue. These parts are not cheap and I think I will end up going back to the plastic parts.

marcel
09-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Shim them tight.
The play that is left is no problem .the car runs great with the aloy parts.

adey
09-09-2012, 05:30 PM
I have shimmed them. If they get any tighter they won't move freely as they should. The issue as far as I can see is that the holes for the pivot pins are fractionally too large. Are they all like that ?.

marcel
09-09-2012, 07:12 PM
I wil check them tomorow.
I have 5 aloy hubs.new.and.used..
Let you know if there is differents in the holes.

john333
09-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Whilst I agree there is a bit of slop in the joints, I don't believe it causes any problems on the track. Mine was simply stunning indoors on carpet last night.

If all the suspension was without any play the car would be a twitchy pig of a thing to drive.

wrighty
09-09-2012, 08:49 PM
As said before shim it and run it all cars are better with slop as it stops tjem being twitchy

adey
09-09-2012, 11:37 PM
I agree that the car would be twitchy without the slop and that the car drives great. I just personally prefer as little slop as possible and I feel I have too much.

metalmickey0
10-09-2012, 08:28 AM
I had a mate who took all of the slop out of his B3(yes that long ago:lol:) and it was impossible to drive and he couldnt even complete a clean lap as it was that twitchy. So next race he removed all the shims he`d put in so the slop was back and it was awesome out on the track. So personnally i wouldnt worry avbout a bit of play.

adey
14-09-2012, 12:33 AM
That's a fair comment it's just I couldn't see the point of things like small camber changes etc if there was that much slop.