PDA

View Full Version : My X6

Spencer Mulcahy
22-05-2008, 09:58 PM
I ran my X6 for the third time on Sunday at Southport at the third round of the North west regionals. When the track was built I went out and had a practise started out with the car still set up as it was at Oswestry national. This is the same setup I used on the rear of my B4 30 wt oil 1 hole piston and silver spring but on the front I ran the same oil and piston 35wt 2 hole but changed the spring to silver. Even though it is the same setup it feels alot softer on the bench which I felt should be stiffer then I was talking to Mr Lathem abouth this and he told me to leave it as the car runs better soft.
After practise I was pleasantly pleased with how the car handled and felt. Round one I started a bit steady then realised that I could push a bit harder I have never been over the back section at Southport so fast and the car be in control, didnt make a mistake alll race won the race ended up 7th in round well happy.
The second round I put blue springs on the front to give a bit less steering I must have got a bit giddy and roled the car a couple of times ended up second and 9th in round not to bad.
The third round went back to silver springs on the front as it felt better in round one and tried to stop over jumping the double, the car jumps very well and can be controled in the air very easily. I was on for an 11 lap run but got tangled up with a back marker (not his fault should have tried to pass him in a better place) missed out on 11 laps by 1 second but won the heat and got a 6th in round still happy.
For the 4th round left the car as it was and went out to try and get that 11 lapper that I was so close to in the last round which I did after another clean race (which for me is a bloody miracle) won this heat as well and ended up 7th in round.
So I was 7th on the gride in the A final only my second regional A final ever so happy with that. Got a good start from the warble up to 4th after the first few corners stayed like that for the first few laps then my arse fell out and went to fifth calmed myself down a bit for the next few laps then roled it again and the following two cars went past back to 7th which is where I ended up at the end so didnt improve on my starting point but I was well happy. Jim Dixon came up to me after the final asking why I had put it on its roof and let him through as he could not catch me other wise (cheers Jim made me feel good). Well I am well pleased with this car people have been telling me to get one for ages but I have only just been able to afford one and I am well happy with it lets hope that it carrys on this good.

Sorry peeps for the length of this post I am on nights and it is all quiet at the mo so I though I would bore you all.

Cheers Spen.

MikePimlott
22-05-2008, 10:22 PM
I agree completely mate. Same scenario for me 6 months ago and now ive got my X6 how i like it and im making good times. just need to work on the driver now.

niggs98
22-05-2008, 10:38 PM
nice seee people who feel the same about the x6. i really like mine as its just so easy to drive all the time and is even better since mr rafa stafford helped me with a set up. roll on talywain :thumbsup:

bigred5765
22-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Na naaaa told ya lol,the car is so easy to drive fast, glad the silver ae springs worked for ya,the whole car can be run softer than a b4,without it biting your ass,good on ya spenc, f2 next year me thinks.i have loads of set up sheets for ya as well all ae shocks see you at bury.

Spencer Mulcahy
23-05-2008, 12:39 AM
You not at tally Carl?

bigred5765
23-05-2008, 12:51 AM
oy yeh but thats week after next tallyban,im talking this sunday seems bury is the place to be, unless you live up north east lol

Spencer Mulcahy
23-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Not racing this weekend Carl so I will see you at Tally.

Northy
23-05-2008, 07:53 AM
South Shields is the place to be fellas! :woot:

G

Chrislong
23-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Forecast is wetness coming up from the South, Bury is running a risk of rain on Sunday - Southport looks more likely to miss it. So if its coming up from the South, that means South Sheilds will see it a few days later! :lol: Its so far north than in the summer the sun doesn;t go down, is that right? ha ha

Lee
23-05-2008, 08:48 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

My X-6 is still in the box.

It will be getting built this afternoon though :thumbsup:

ben
23-05-2008, 08:58 AM
South Shields is the place to be fellas! :woot:

G

Yep roll on south shields :thumbsup:

Northy
23-05-2008, 09:00 AM
GET ON THE LATHE YOU!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

G

super__dan
23-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Lee,

It's 2wd Sunday so I can help build it tomorrow if you need me too.

Spence, glad it's working out for you, my only concern is with all these new X6 drivers going fast, I might be a few places down on normal :( ;)

Lee
23-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Would be appreciated Dan if i am struggling for time:thumbsup:

You may have an X-5 tomorrow to cast your eye over to see if i have missed anything out or any tips you can give:)

super__dan
23-05-2008, 02:22 PM
No worries, I plan to get there for about 9. As long as the belt ension is about right be can sort most other stuff later on.