PDA

View Full Version : 2012 / 2013 WRCA Indoor Series

JACKOR33
15-09-2012, 06:58 PM
So following on from our successful Summer outdoor season its time to announce our indoor series.....:drool:

Ok so i have some big shoes to fill following on from the past series organised by Pete Belsten:blush: and i'm still not quite sure how i ended up getting the task:eh?: lol

Been thinking of changing things a little for the finals, i.e running the Bump up system this would help out people who have a bad day or somebody who is having a good day moving from a C final all the way to an A final with a chance of winning the meeting in the most extreme example!!:o:woot:
Anyway its just a thought and offers people progression and extra race time - feel free to let me know what you think? - As i'm sure you will!;)

I'll update this as soon as all clubs confirm venue availability etc

Venues / Prelim dates
Round 1 - Cobra - 28th OctoberCONFIRMED:thumbsup:
Round 2 - COBRA - 18th NovemberCONFIRMED:thumbsup:
Round 3 - Caldicot - 16th December CONFIRMED:thumbsup:
Round 4 - WORM - 20th January - Cancelled
Round 5 - Caldicot - 17th FebruaryCONFIRMED:thumbsup:

Classes:
The following classes will run - subject to a minimum entry of 6 cars:
1/10 2wd
1/10 4wd
1/10 Vintage (cars manufactured prior to 1994)*
1/10 Trucks (stadium & short course)
Micro 4wd*
Micro 2wd*
*classes may be combined with other comparable classes if insufficient numbers
It is the responsibility of the drivers entering multiple classes (not the host club) to organise substitute marshals if required

Looking forward to some more close racing across the classes again!!

Belsten
15-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Not really a fan of the bump up system TBH as its never used in 10th

However, if it is used, does that mean I can just arrive for either the last round of quali or the start of the finals ?

JACKOR33
15-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Not really a fan of the bump up system TBH as its never used in 10th

However, if it is used, does that mean I can just arrive for either the last round of quali or the start of the finals ?

Was thinking after you said that that we could use it as a handicapp system for you,craig and griff so you turn up and start in the bottom final every event;):p:woot:

DCM
15-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Cap max amount of cars per final now, save the complaints later...

Bump ups, they are do-able, but will mean even more computer work for the Race Directors :(

Belsten
15-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Was thinking after you said that that we could use it as a handicapp system for you,craig and griff so you turn up and start in the bottom final every event;):p:woot:

Griffs got enough issues already :D He doesnt need another excuse :p

GRIFF55
15-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Sure you have to be there to sign yourself in in the morning David.:p
Issues, me......naaahhh;)

Belsten
15-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Its called booking in but not surprised you cant remember conidering you havent done it yourself for about 2 years :p

peetbee
15-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Ok so i have some big shoes to fill following on from the past series organised by Pete Belsten:blush: and i'm still not quite sure how i ended up getting the task:eh?: lol

I only have size 9, they're not that big!:lol:
Thanks Dave:blush::wub

ps you have PM

Body Paint
17-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Been thinking of changing things a little for the finals, i.e running the Bump up system this would help out people who have a bad day or somebody who is having a good day moving from a C final all the way to an A final with a chance of winning the meeting in the most extreme example!!:o:woot:
Anyway its just a thought and offers people progression and extra race time - feel free to let me know what you think? - As i'm sure you will!;)

Maybe start a poll?

I'd defo be a no

peetbee
17-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Maybe start a poll?

I'd defo be a no
Me = no too

hit5005
17-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Me = no too
Me no

axeman
17-09-2012, 06:10 PM
no no

peetbee
17-09-2012, 06:45 PM
no no
nn no no, there's no limit...
sorry got carried away there :lol:

Dyna
17-09-2012, 07:17 PM
nn no no, there's no limit...
sorry got carried away there :lol:

Didn't have you down as a 2 Unlimited fan Pete.... :lol:

The bump up idea isn't bad really, I could just see people struggling with charging and hot motors & speedos tbh. In theory you might have to go 3 races on the trot with little time in between, not easy.

millzy
19-09-2012, 11:20 AM
10 car finals at all clubs would be nice.....i say would be nice

Body Paint
19-09-2012, 12:18 PM

It wouldn't be nice at Cobra or Worm and mildly uncomfortable at Caldy

JACKOR33
19-09-2012, 01:36 PM

Cobra:
If we have a a wheelchair driver on the rostrum then there is no way we can have 10 car finals - as 8 drivers is a push which tbh is the most i'd really like to put on there for safety reasons fullstop! Besides the amount of track area we have doesnt really support 10 cars on track sorry:blush:

Caldicot:
Is also tight with 10 cars on the track, 10 micros is hard enough work lol

Worm:
Pretty sure they can get 10 people on their stage/rostrum but would be a squeeze:o

Personally I think 8 cars are managable given the size of our indoor venues and rostrums, an extra 2 cars will just make for carnage for 5mins as opposed to racing and that's what everyone wants good racing not dodging cars and marshals:woot: constantly!!

DCM
19-09-2012, 01:40 PM
To make the racing tidier, 6 car finals, maybe 8 for micro's.

JACKOR33
19-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Didn't have you down as a 2 Unlimited fan Pete.... :lol:

The bump up idea isn't bad really, I could just see people struggling with charging and hot motors & speedos tbh. In theory you might have to go 3 races on the trot with little time in between, not easy.

It would seem team caldicot are against the bump up system and so are the majority of others i have spoken to - ill sort a poll for people to vote on but doesnt look promising lol
Does anyone have any input / changes they'd like to be considered for this series??

Body Paint
19-09-2012, 09:56 PM
7 car finals for all classes. Let's not make it more complicated by having different numbers per class.

6 minute finals?

jaysllim
19-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Only thing i would ask is tha when the track is constructed tha the ppl who build it tha not everyones tall so some cornerns might b alittle blind after all we have kids racing and there not all as tall as the adults so might not see the whole track:p

GRIFF55
20-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Two 6 car b finals, top three in each go on to race in the A. At least then, 12 peeps have at least a chance of making the A instead of only 6.
Belsten has to have some chance of getting in the A! Lol

jaysllim
20-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Two 6 car b finals, top three in each go on to race in the A. At least then, 12 peeps have at least a chance of making the A instead of only 6.
Belsten has to have some chance of getting in the A! Lol

+1 on tha gives u better odds plus less traffic on track so win win on both side really,u could at a push make it 2 legged b finals?

JACKOR33
25-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Dates have been updated on first post guys take a look and write them down!!

On another note bump up finals are off the menu, after lots of feedback from racers and clubs i think the easiest for race directors on the day and people to understand is 7 car finals for ALL classes at ALL events.

Next question
Do we all want 5min heats and 6min finals?
I do the more track time the better!!

Belsten
03-10-2012, 12:10 PM
How many rounds is it to count ?

peetbee
03-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Pretty sure it's 3 from 4 for 10th, Micro would depend on WORM holding a round or not for it to be different I suspect.

Body Paint
04-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Next question
Do we all want 5min heats and 6min finals?
I do the more track time the better!!

I would suggest make it a decision for the race director based on number of entries and finishing time etc.

peetbee
08-10-2012, 03:05 PM
WRCA site has now been updated, entries are open :)

Couple of dates/venues still tbc (hint hint Dave!) but those details will be updated on here and the WRCA site - in both the news and the events sections.

Dyna
08-10-2012, 04:18 PM
For some reason it wont let me book Pete... apparently i'd need to book in every space for every class... ' required field not filled in' comes up, the class area ofr each listing stays red...

However i only want to book in one 2wd event, not 5 :D

peetbee
08-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Oops:o

All fixed now, sorry bit out of practice!

peetbee
29-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Results added to the 'Results 2012' section on the member menu on www.wrca.org.uk