PDA

View Full Version : Mardave Rules

Mike Snelling
18-09-2012, 05:25 PM
First off i've been coming down the club the last couple week and must say i'm very impressed so far with the way its run and the friendly atmosphere.

Any chance someone could post an electronic version of the Mardave/Class rules on the forum? (sticky post is a little unclear)

Also any decision been made on accepting Supastox into the championship?

Cheers
Mike :)

LongRat
19-09-2012, 05:19 PM
I think it is pretty likely that Supastox will be allowed next season (2013). You can still race this year but points don't count.
The Mardave class rules are really simple. Battery limit is 2S LiPo, 6 cell NiMh or lower. Motor and ESC are unlimited (in reality speed peaks at about 13T due to gearing limitations). You aren't allowed to run any components that make the car into a 1/12 circuit car (pan car). This means no sports prototype bodies or super wide tyres, only stock design suspension components etc. Pretty straightforward.

Mike Snelling
19-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the reply. So its open to any ESC? thought hobbywing was required for some reason. Getting a supastox this week so be interesting to see the difference :)

LongRat
20-09-2012, 07:56 PM
No ESC rule, that's what we decided before this season. Seems to be pretty fair to me.