PDA

View Full Version : Core RC Shock Oils: How do the viscosity 'grades' compare to other brands?

Origineelreclamebord
20-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Hi everyone,

I recently bought some Diff Oil from Core RC, and I am quite content with the stuff - The price isn't bad, the bottles close well/work nicely, it used cSt ratings, which I am used to because I currently use Tamiya (not TRF, Tamiya) shock oils...

However, the stock of shock oil is down to nearly zero on the more important oils. The Tamiya oils are only for sale in sets - and fate has it, 300, 400 and 500 oils are the ones I use the most (which are in two different sets)... So, I'm considering to switch to Core RC.

I'm just wondering, how do the Core RC viscosity grades compare to other oils (Tamiya, AE, Losi?) - I found the image below and I'm concerned the 400 oil from Core RC is actually 40wt (which is way too thick for me).

http://www.racing-cars.com/images/shock_oil_table.jpg

Chris-S
20-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Mixing and matching oils is always difficult, would be nice if shops and distributors kept importing the same brand rather than constantly switching.

http://www.twf8.ws/php/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=175

bigred5765
20-09-2012, 11:13 AM
just remember that wt quoted on that chart are for Schumacher wt and don't completely compare to losi or shock oils, theres a chart on here some were that converts schuy wt oil to losi and ae, having said that we have been using them all year and think there great,

Origineelreclamebord
20-09-2012, 05:14 PM
just remember that wt quoted on that chart are for Schumacher wt and don't completely compare to losi or shock oils, theres a chart on here some were that converts schuy wt oil to losi and ae, having said that we have been using them all year and think there great,

I have no doubt it's absolutely nice oil - I like the 50 cst steps (instead of Tamiya's 100 cst steps), I only have some concerns about the lack of colour of the oil - it'll mean I have to write down what oil I'm using on my shocks and update it when I change it.

Do you perhaps have a chart of Schumacher vs. other brand oils? :eh?: