PDA

View Full Version : supastox , please help me decide ??

shaun m
24-09-2012, 08:50 PM
hi , ill be getting a supastox soon :woot: and will be running it in 2s with a 21.5t motor , but i cant decide to run it as saddles ( i already have saddles ) or a shorty lipo , im kinda leaning towards a shorty as i think they look neater , its for circuit use :) also anything else worth getting , apart from a diff ..

cheers ;)

badger5
24-09-2012, 09:01 PM
I think you can get the 1S version and then use a shorty 2S Lipo, then you'll have more room for the electrics. It'll be interesting what you get though, and where are you going to race it?
But from what I've seen most people use 1S as this falls in with other 1/12th scale and Mardaves.
Suppose it'll go with that nice SX3 you showed me at Torch on Sunday. :woot:

shaun m
24-09-2012, 09:08 PM
I think you can get the 1S version and then use a shorty 2S Lipo, then you'll have more room for the electrics. It'll be interesting what you get though, and where are you going to race it?
But from what I've seen most people use 1S as this falls in with other 1/12th scale and Mardaves.
Suppose it'll go with that nice SX3 you showed me at Torch on Sunday. :woot:
ahh who's that then ?? :woot: yeah it'll look nice with my sx3 , just wished my driving was up to it on sunday !!

ill be using the supastox at dmcrc ( dorset ) and at the cwic series :)

badger5
24-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Interesting, will have to look up the club in Dorset.

Do you think the 7.5T motor I won in the raffle be a bit quick for a SupaStox on 2S? :woot:

shaun m
24-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Interesting, will have to look up the club in Dorset.

Do you think the 7.5T motor I won in the raffle be a bit quick for a SupaStox on 2S? :woot:

here you go www.dmcrc.co.uk (http://www.dmcrc.co.uk) , but the 7.5t should just have enough poke for a supastox !!

mark christopher
25-09-2012, 09:31 AM
t use one half of the saddlt, most are using 1s and 13:5u

Martyn (Bomber)
25-09-2012, 11:33 AM
hi , ill be getting a supastox soon :woot: and will be running it in 2s with a 21.5t motor , but i cant decide to run it as saddles ( i already have saddles ) or a shorty lipo , im kinda leaning towards a shorty as i think they look neater , its for circuit use :) also anything else worth getting , apart from a diff ..

cheers ;)

I am using 2s saddles and 13.5t as my club allows 1s/2s mixed class with 13.5t motor limit, with diff, bearing front wheels and independent front wishbones it is a beast ;)

The closest 1s car is a good 4/5 laps behind, if your club allows 2s then that is the way to go as the saddles give great weight distribution on the chassis, mine will just not roll and as you can imagine it is flying on 2s/13.5 :D

shaun m
25-09-2012, 06:27 PM
I am using 2s saddles and 13.5t as my club allows 1s/2s mixed class with 13.5t motor limit, with diff, bearing front wheels and independent front wishbones it is a beast ;)

The closest 1s car is a good 4/5 laps behind, if your club allows 2s then that is the way to go as the saddles give great weight distribution on the chassis, mine will just not roll and as you can imagine it is flying on 2s/13.5 :D

cheers for all the help , soo its better to run saddles over a shorty lipo ?? , i originaly asked as i was'nt sure if the balance of the car was affected ..:)

Martyn (Bomber)
25-09-2012, 09:30 PM
cheers for all the help , soo its better to run saddles over a shorty lipo ?? , i originaly asked as i was'nt sure if the balance of the car was affected ..:)

Saddles are better ;)

Addicted2blue
12-11-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm considering to buy a supastox aswell, but perhaps it would be better to have the 1cell lipo chassis.
Simply cause there are 2cell lipo batteries with the same dimentions as a 1cell lipo battery, there capacity is 3200mh witch i think seems to be enough for stock racing.
And the batteries are much lower then the batteries of a shorty or saddle pack, i even think they are lighter too.

Leelosi
12-11-2012, 09:34 PM

cheers ;)

Yeah deffo get the independent front wishbone set its a must have

mark christopher
13-11-2012, 10:12 AM
have to disagree with the above, the top drivers all use the kit front suspension, and i found it better for my level too. add a diff, if you run 2s make sure your club allows it as some dont, and its not allowed in brca nationals

CAT3K
13-11-2012, 10:21 AM
I found the kit front end was faster for me. I did give the independent wishbones a try but felt it was slower. I can see them being useful on the oval perhaps, but on a circuit the kit front end is best for me.

Martyn (Bomber)
13-11-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm trialling this lipo configuration at the minute and I must admit it feels good, lighter and more nimble than the 2s but with the same planted feel to it, electrics fit nice this way too ;)

http://www.oople.com/forums/[IMG]http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/BOM8ER/IMG_1905.jpg
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/BOM8ER/IMG_1905.jpg

Addicted2blue
13-11-2012, 06:38 PM
That looks like a great solution for placing the electronics on the chassis, is that on a 2cell chassis?
Isn't there a short lipo of the 1cell version available?

reg
13-11-2012, 06:45 PM
i ran kit front end,i gave the independent front end ago,it was deffo slower,i am however giving it another go as i only gave it 1 run with no changes,its getting better

joker
13-11-2012, 07:58 PM
as far as i know all us schumacher drivers have gone over to the independent front end and have stuck with it as the car is even better with it on. just make shore you get it all set up rite (camber, caster and ride height) and you will be faster.

mark christopher
14-11-2012, 08:38 AM
define all us...

SlowOne
14-11-2012, 08:38 PM
...and define faster... ( :) )

joker
14-11-2012, 09:03 PM
me and the other schumacher team drivers that ive race with and spoke to all use the inderpendent front end and we have all seen faster lap times with it the car is more precise, easyer to drive and is faster round the track.

mark christopher
14-11-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm trialling this lipo configuration at the minute and I must admit it feels good, lighter and more nimble than the 2s but with the same planted feel to it, electrics fit nice this way too ;)

http://www.oople.com/forums/[IMG]http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/BOM8ER/IMG_1905.jpg
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/BOM8ER/IMG_1905.jpg

if i said your car was illegal for nationals would you know why?

Martyn (Bomber)
15-11-2012, 02:46 AM
if i said your car was illegal for nationals would you know why?

Not that I care as I only do club racing with my SupaStox, but for curiosity why is it illegal for nationals constable Christopher?

mark christopher
15-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Not that I care as I only do club racing with my SupaStox, but for curiosity why is it illegal for nationals constable Christopher?

im not being daft here just a big dedate on the 12th gt fb page about fitting options

the reason, your purple ti turnbuckle!! (not because its purple either :woot:) the rule, bans exotic matials and names ti

Martyn (Bomber)
15-11-2012, 10:23 AM
im not being daft here just a big dedate on the 12th gt fb page about fitting options

the reason, your purple ti turnbuckle!! (not because its purple either :woot:) the rule, bans exotic matials and names ti

Wow! How pathetic is that, and I thought this was the reason my car is the fastest at my club too :lol: nothing to do with all the effort, time and research I have put in to the setup :rolleyes:

I think they go to far with some of these rules, anyone would think we are racing multimillion pound F1 cars :lol:

mark christopher
15-11-2012, 02:44 PM
tis indeed a odd rule! working on it tho ;)

BeachBuggyPhil
15-11-2012, 03:36 PM
So if it get some Ti turnbuckles I'll get back those 4 laps (minimum) that Bomber beats me by?
:)

Martyn (Bomber)
15-11-2012, 06:01 PM
So if it get some Ti turnbuckles I'll get back those 4 laps (minimum) that Bomber beats me by?
:)

Apparently mate :lol:

I know one thing for sure, after Tuesday nights race meeting where I done back to back testing between the kit & independent front end I found the independent to be faster, not by much but it was faster.

TARTMAN
27-11-2012, 01:54 AM
I agree, the debate on the GT FB page is on going.

It seems to be a budget thing regarding Ti turnbuckles etc.

It give no performance benefit, at all. but does make the car stronger and less likely to snap. well, thats in the off rd world, and all upgrades allowed. seems strange that the SS/GT side have silly rules about these things.

I understand motor/lipo/esc blinky/chassis etc, but little things like turnbuckles, i think are a bit daft.

I am new to the GT scene in every way so i am sure there is more to it, but seems to be a little daft.
I know i will be put right in my understanding very soon. There are plenty out there that will ove to expplain it all hehe..........:lol: