PDA

View Full Version : A whole bunch of mid motor Team-C questions

cunawarit
29-09-2012, 12:45 AM
OK, I have questions. I'm looking at getting a new buggy and the TC02C and TR02C are very high up the list :) So here are the questions:

1) I know I can run stick packs on the TR02C and Ansmann Mad Monkey, but can you on the TC02C? I'm asking because from the pics the chassis looks different, like it can only fit saddle packs.

2) Are the TR02C and Mad Rat exactly the same?

3) Can you use Losi big bore springs on with Ansmann shocks, I'm asking coz I have a full set of Losi springs alteady.

4) If I take a TR02C and put the alloy shocks on, as well as the turnbuckles. What's different from the TC02C? I can see the battery holder, but surely there's a lot more. Right?

adon30
29-09-2012, 07:56 AM
1) TC02C will use saddle packs. Side by side.

2) The TR02C is the mad monkey equivalent. It will be different as it will have all the team C uprated gears parts.
The TR02 is the rear version like the mad rat and the TC02 & TC02 Evo are the rear motor versions with the mods.

3) you may be able to run the losi springs with the big bore shocks. These are on the team edition versions though or available as an option.

4) alloy shocks, turnbuckles, ball races, chassis and the bodyshell. From what I remember.

Hpi_guy
29-09-2012, 07:59 AM
The tr02c will wake stick and saddle lipo but the tc02c will only take saddles

The tr02c is the mad monkey

On ansmann shocks losi big bore springs won't work but I'm not sure on the big bores

The difference between the tr02c and tc02c is the chassis, shocks, turnbuckles, the spastic is supposibly different, I think the tc02c has better gearbox internals and diff balls

gps3300
29-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I use Losi springs on the big bores. They fit straight on, no problems.

deano43
29-09-2012, 03:43 PM
The tc02c is exactly the same as the mad monkey in looks except the team c has much better plastics kyosho quality I don't think I've seen one break yet and I have tried with mine they are very strong and as mentioned updated idler gears etc , its very easy to drive and to go fast with a bargin for the money

cunawarit
30-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks guys, that's of great help! I'm assuming the TR02C chassis would fit perfectly fine on the TC02C. Right?

SamRCRacing
30-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Yes it would, you would need the shell and battery strap too.