PDA

View Full Version : Racing Down Stairs this Friday 5th

RobPaynter
02-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Hi All,

Racing This coming Friday Night 5th Oct from 19:00

Long awaited we should have some form of track DOWN STAIRS for this Friday evenings club night.

Hope you can all make it should be good.

Y.R.C.C

mrspeedy
02-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Crackin news .... downstairs is gonna be ace .... :woot:

Will have to get my newly acquired SC10 ready for this one ....

Trucks anyone ???

metalmickey0
03-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Crackin news .... downstairs is gonna be ace .... :woot:

Will have to get my newly acquired SC10 ready for this one ....

Trucks anyone ???
I am able to be there too.
Is it gunna be lit a bit more down below as well;)

Alan - South West RC
03-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Is it gunna be lit a bit more down below as well;)

It will not be by this friday I am afraid. We spent this evening removing all the track from upstairs and then laying all what we had downstairs. We also only have 2/3's ofthe rostrum finished as we ran out of wood :blush:

Having said all that the space looks big and awsome and the rostrum is finished enough for us to race on :woot:

Hopefully by Sundays club meeting we will have the rostrum finished, the lighting sorted and more jumps!!

J'MM'N
04-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Will the track still be micro friendly, or is it time to get the proper cars out!

RobPaynter
04-10-2012, 08:58 AM
We are aiming for 1/10 buggies but as you all know a micro will go round any track really. But we are going to try and get the 1/10 numbers up.

rollingon4
04-10-2012, 10:07 AM
I'll be there for the ongoing battle with Jeremy :lol:

metalmickey0
04-10-2012, 10:40 AM
We are aiming for 1/10 buggies but as you all know a micro will go round any track really. But we are going to try and get the 1/10 numbers up.
I may bring my 1/10th as well for a blast round at some point. But micro for meeting.

Alan - South West RC
04-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Had a quick blast around the track this evening with my 1/10th and it's looking good. Micro will go around the reack no problem I think.

highlander
04-10-2012, 08:56 PM
can you guys get a vid posted up .. would be great to see what its like

RobPaynter
05-10-2012, 08:13 AM
I could be up for running the sc truck round tonight that would be fun.

We will get pics and videos up soon. We still have some more work to do. So will wait till then.

Alan - South West RC
05-10-2012, 02:03 PM
can you guys get a vid posted up .. would be great to see what its like

I'll try and get some video tonight but we still have the lighting to sort so not sure how well it will come out. We should have the lighting sorted for Sunday though so will definately get some good shots then :woot:

RobPaynter
05-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Wow. Really good nights racing tonight thanks to all that came good turn out. Thought it went really well. We know there is still a lot of work to do to improve it. But we are up for challange.

Racing again this Sunday from 08:30. Hope to see you all there.

Thank you all.
Y.R.C.C

rollingon4
06-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Liking the new track :thumbsup: really good night, thanks Rob and Al for putting in the hard work, see you all next week!

Tomk26B4
06-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Lets see some photos! :thumbsup:

Dan Pickard
06-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I might be there tomorrow, is it the same sort of surface as when it was upstairs?

RobPaynter
06-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Hi Dan. Pretty much the same surface. Mix of carpet, astro and slippery floor for an extra challenge.

RogerM
06-10-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm really pleased to hear that you guys have got the downstairs area up and running, MrSpeedy tells me it should be really good there.

Can you confirm to the following as I would really like to come down and try your club out;

1) doors open and kicking out times for both Friday and Sunday meetings
2) how often do you run friday & sunday meetings? Is there a calendar somwhere?
3) what tires do I need and how fresh should they be?
4) do you separate 2wd & 4wd in 1/10th or is it all mixed together? If separated which is the more popular class?
5) if I was coming straight from work is there anywhere close to grab some food?
6) what is the race fee and how does membership work at your club?

Really pleased to have the possibility of another indoor buggy club ... shame they are all at least 100 mile round trip from me (Cheltenham)

RogerM
09-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi .. just a gentle nudge in the hope of getting a few answers and being able to come down to race with you guys soon.

Tomk26B4
09-10-2012, 04:35 PM
yellow mini spikes/ pins work well and ballistic whites seem to work in any condition really and yellows wear quite slowly
And cut staggers on the front, maybe slightly worn fronts?

rollingon4
09-10-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm sure Rob or Al will step in soon and answer these questions for you when they spot them, I'm also doing a 100 mile + round trip Friday nights and it's worth it :thumbsup: Filled in some of the blanks below...

1) Normally someone around from 6-ish onwards on a Friday, things start kicking off at around 7 and finish around 11 or so.
2) Fridays seem to be regular, can't comment on Sundays as I can't make them.
3) New tyres are not that critical as the tracks quite high grip, looks like most people run what they have laying about, half knackered tyres are fine, certainly on a Friday night when the racing isn't too serious it's a good way of using up used tyres. When the track was upstairs and all carpet almost bald spikes worked fine, if all else fails Robs on hand to sell tyres as needed.
4) On a Friday 1/10th 2wd and 4wd tend to run as one heat depending on numbers, more 2wd than 4wd. The micros probably get the best turn out and are the most competitive class, short course trucks are running too.
5) John was seen eating a burger last week so I'd guess there are a few take-aways and shops about :lol:
6) Friday nights are a fiver, bargain, I believe Saturdays are a tenner, not sure whether membership exists yet or not, I'm sure Rob or Al will shed some light on that subject.

Alan - South West RC
09-10-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm really pleased to hear that you guys have got the downstairs area up and running, MrSpeedy tells me it should be really good there.

Can you confirm to the following as I would really like to come down and try your club out;

1) doors open and kicking out times for both Friday and Sunday meetings
2) how often do you run friday & sunday meetings? Is there a calendar somwhere?
3) what tires do I need and how fresh should they be?
4) do you separate 2wd & 4wd in 1/10th or is it all mixed together? If separated which is the more popular class?
5) if I was coming straight from work is there anywhere close to grab some food?
6) what is the race fee and how does membership work at your club?

Really pleased to have the possibility of another indoor buggy club ... shame they are all at least 100 mile round trip from me (Cheltenham)

My apologies for the late reply, been a busy few days. I'll try to answer all your questions in the order you asked them.......

Friday meetings are every week and gates open at 6:30pm and we finish around 11pm. Sundays are not so regular and you will need to keep an eye on the website (www.yrcc.co.uk (http://www.yrcc.co.uk)) for when we are racing. Gates open at 8:30am and we finish around 3pm depending on the numbers.
See above and the website (www.yrcc.co.uk (http://www.yrcc.co.uk))
Schumacher yellow minipins, minispikes or BB white minispikes on the rear and front for 4wd and the same rear but staggered ribs for the front on 2wd. The grip is good so part worn work fine.
Depends on the numbers. At the moment we are low in 4wd so we are tending to put everyone in together. If this changes then we would look to split them up.
There is a good choice of take-aways in Yatton, a fish & chip shop, Indian, Chinese and there is a Co-Op as well all under 5 minutes away from the track.
Race fees are £5 fro Friday evenings as we only run 3 heats and finals and £10 on a Sunday (4 heats and finals). The £10 will change in the future but we are trying to build club funds so that we can improve the track and facilities. The club is BRCA affiliated but we do not have any membership scheme in place at the moment.
I hope that helps but please just ask if you need any further information.

-Alan-

RogerM
10-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the info, spot on!
I will come down & see you guys real soon, miss regular club meetings!
Hopefully I'll bring Adam U with me too, keep the Kyosho numbers put :)

Rob, I see you have joined the fold now. If I can help you get the best from your K cars just shout.

Alan - South West RC
10-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Rob, I see you have joined the fold now. If I can help you get the best from your K cars just shout.

Hi Roger,

Both myself and Rob have taken the plunge and gone all Kyosho (Rob and I are brothers incase you didn't know) and would appreciate any help you can give when racing and setting up the cars. I have come from Schumacher and Rob from Team Durango so I imagine things are going to be quite different.

-Alan-

RogerM
10-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Quite different indeed ... but hopefully all for the better!!!

I'm not going to be able to make it the next 2 weeks (This week preping for the Silverstone winter series opener on Sat and next my birthday celebrations on the friday) but will do all I can to help with the cars the week after!

Your both more than welcome to drive mine when I'm not running them to get an idea as to if you will like my setups :)

mtruckerdave
26-10-2012, 05:24 PM
R u open this Sunday

RobPaynter
26-10-2012, 11:46 PM
We are racing this Sunday yes. Really looking forward to it.

Dan Pickard
27-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Had really good time last night guys, thanks. You have clearly been doing a lot of work, and the track is great. I don't know how everyone else feels, and I mentioned it to Rob last night, but personally I don't think we need 5 minutes between rounds. 3 max I would say, and when we have 5 heats then maybe 2 minutes? If anyone needs extra time we could evaluate on a case by case basis. Should be able to get another round of qualifying in then as well :)

Mowen208fly
27-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Hats off to the guys they are doing a great thing to get some racing done in the south west on a friday night. Come and give it a go and support your local club and as Rob and I said last night its cheaper than a night down the pub ( unless you hit your brand new Kyosho and break it :p) !
again well done guys.

mtruckerdave
27-10-2012, 11:52 AM
unfortunately wont be Abhttp://www.oople.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gifel to make it Sunday caliper on van us
can not get tail m dayhttp://www.oople.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif