PDA

View Full Version : thrust race

gixxer
03-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Hello people I have been looking around for a diff rebuild kit for my db1, without any luck can any of you clever chaps shove me in the right direction? The main balls arnt a problem just the plates, thrust race and all that jazz thanks in advance

John

RogerM
04-10-2012, 11:33 AM
I have always used the stock BRG100 thrust race, stock diff plates (sanded lightly) and either the stock Kyosho tungsten carbide balls or the RudeBits ceramics.

Never a problem. There is no way of getting the thrust washers that I am aware of other than buying the BRG100 set, might look expensive but I get a year out them normally!

InsideLineModels
04-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Agreed with roger, The stock BRG100 (http://www.the-pred.co.uk/zencart/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=brg100) thrust race lasts ages, thats all I ever run. Rudebits Tungsten Carbides would be my choice for the main balls, but everyone has their own opinion and preference on ceramic vs tungsten (either would do the job nicely).

The diff plates are part number UM119 (http://www.the-pred.co.uk/zencart/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=um119)

Kev

Paul Field
04-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi Mate

I always use a diamond wetstone to remove groove that gets worn.
You can then re-use them time after time.
I have a few sets that i keep prepped ready for use.

Cheers

Paul

budfish
04-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Hello people I have been looking around for a diff rebuild kit for my db1, without any luck can any of you clever chaps shove me in the right direction? The main balls arnt a problem just the plates, thrust race and all that jazz thanks in advance

John

I've ran every lazer from the original to the current and I always ended up replacing the thrust balls in fact is was the BRG100 that made me turn to ceramic balls its definatley a upgrade from the standard never tried tungston carbide thrust balls so I can't really comment on them

Neil Skull
04-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Bud,

If you have a problem with BRG100 you dont know how to manage diffs!!!!!!
The experts have answered this guy!!:p
Please remind us of your racing pedigree??

Seems i am the trouble maker now lol!!!:lol:

RogerM
04-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Kev, do you run the Ultima diff plates in the Lazer transmission? I thought you needed the dedicated Lazer ones as the smaller diameter plate is needed to fit inside the crown wheel. Never tried the Ultima ones so interested to know if they do work.

Lazer ones used to be WBD04 but it's now a 9**** number and I can't remember it (so long between diff rebuilds that I have forgotten ;) )

InsideLineModels
05-10-2012, 06:14 AM
My mistake Roger, the zx5/db1 diff plates are 97032.

Neil Skull
05-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Hi Gixxer,

Here is a link to the manual pages on Kyosho to help you.

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/buggy/pdf/30045-T01_LAZER_ZX-5_FS2_EX.pdf

The part numbers in case you need to order are.

97030 Main Balls, Tungsten Carbide still the best for my choice.
97032 Diff Plates
BRG100 Thrust bearing including washers
LA208 Main screw and nut
UM124 Diff spring
BRG014TS

I list in that order as that's the order i replace parts when my diff sounds/feels gritty.

But the first thing i do is just take the diff apart and fully clean as that often works.
Second I replace Main Balls
3rd I replace Diff plates
4th I have never got to 4th yet! And i have been running these diffs for over 6 years buggies and Touring cars!!!

RogerM
05-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Exactly as Neil says other than with ceramic balls you will be replacing plates before balls.

To be honest the Kyosho tungsten carbide balls are pretty damn good, have them in the back of my Lazer and RB6 at the moment ... certainly no need to change the kit ones at build unlike some other cars!

gixxer
05-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks for all your help everyone the diff is ok at the moment just wanted to get some spares in for when/if it needs a rebuild :drool: 100% happy with the quality of parts as this is the first kyosho car I have had apart from the Rocky I had when I was a lad

budfish
05-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Bud,

If you have a problem with BRG100 you dont know how to manage diffs!!!!!!
The experts have answered this guy!!:p
Please remind us of your racing pedigree??

Seems i am the trouble maker now lol!!!:lol:

Don't know kyosho diffs ?? I have nick"the diff" Caro on speed dial !!! Lol
Ask nick what balls he runs ?

I've got plenty of thrust balls pm me ill send you some Neil

gixxer
05-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks for all your help everyone the diff is ok at the moment just wanted to get some spares in for when/if it needs a rebuild :drool: 100% happy with the quality of parts as this is the first kyosho car I have had apart from the Rocky I had when I was a lad

Neil Skull
05-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Don't know kyosho diffs ?? I have nick"the diff" Caro on speed dial !!! Lol
Ask nick what balls he runs ?

I've got plenty of thrust balls pm me ill send you some Neil

LOL! when my go i will give you a call! but after 6 years it might be a while lol!!!!