PDA

View Full Version : d4 shock rebound question

dan_kitty
28-05-2008, 08:32 PM
is there a way to fill the shocks from the top and get a 3mm inwards rebound from pulling the shaft all the way out?

trying to do what it says in the tips from the hb website but filling from the top instead, but the shaft doesnt suck back in at all, so can only get rebound from pushing the shaft in, if that makes sense. Im guessing its something to do with air getting in when screwing on the top cap on.

and is it correct after pushing shafts in all the way they should only pop back out 3mm?

dont think ive ever got it correct

ta

telboy
28-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I always fill them from the top.
It just takes time to get them right I think.

I fill them all the way up until the oil is almost spilling over, put the top on and screw it about half way. Then push the shaft in and tighten the top, releasing some of the oil. It some times packs up tight, so I just pull the shaft down unscrew the top and push the shaft up again, squeezing some more oil out. I do this until I have the rebound how I like it without any pack.

Don't know if this is the right way, but thats how I do it.
I usually get a good deal of rebound this way without any pack.

This is on the 'old' style shocks. Not the worlds ones.

dan_kitty
29-05-2008, 10:19 AM
cheers, by, "no-pack" do you mean so you can push shaft allway down to the end of its travel?

ta

Billy
29-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Yes I believe the pack means that. I 've got the new worlds shocks and are much smoother than the old ones and much easier to adjust the rebound because of the bleed screw on the cap. We have tried the cap with the bleed screw on the old shocks and they screw in correctly, but I'm not sure if the length changes.

The oil should be also different when you want to get the same effect from the old shocks to the new ones. We are testing some things, but it is very hard to make the suspension work correctly on our club track, because it is extremely bumpy! In such cases, of very bumpy tracks, I believe the old suspension would work better, what do you think?

I could never understand how the HB guys on the tech tips on their website made the suspension work correctly using these instructions. We need to get some help from HAyato!!!

Southwell
29-05-2008, 01:30 PM
cheers, by, "no-pack" do you mean so you can push shaft allway down to the end of its travel?

ta

Yes but it must be even pressure to push it all the way in, if it gets difficult you have too much oil in there.

PaulRotheram
29-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I build my d4 shocks exactly like you should with losi shocks, works a treat everytime with good smooth shocks.

KennyClark
31-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Try filling the shocks, push the piston all the way up to the top of the shock and then fit the top seal.
This should give the inward rebound.