PDA

View Full Version : South East Regional - FORCC Sunday 8th June

Hog
29-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Well folks - it's time once again for some serious grass action at the home of FORCC on the 8th June.

We're expecting another bumper turnout, with approximately 35 of our own club drivers swelling the ranks of the regional series. Of these we will have a healthy dose of our junior talent joining the fray and taking the fight to the more established junior contingent. Some of the senior members may need to start watching their heels as well as the juniors gain experience and speed.

As in previous years, you can expect a fast flowing circuit on the flat grass with the natural grass bank rostrum giving excellent viewing over the whole circuit.

There will be a burger van in attendance offering hot food and hot and cold drinks - I know some of you will bring your own food but please support the "burger man" or else we risk losing him if he doesn't make a few quid on the day!

Please can I ask that anyone not directly involved with the setting up of the track / meeting does not arrive until 8am at the earliest!! I've stated this before but it tends to get ignored - so please - pay attention!! There will be ample time to practise before we start the race meeting. And may I request that you keep noise to a minimum when you arrive as it is a residential area - so keep the stereo's turned down boys!

So keep praying for decent weather, and we look forward to seeing you on the 8th for another fun and friendly meeting at FORCC.

passy
02-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Does anybody have directions for this venue? A postcode for my Sat Nav would be great.

Ebordraw
02-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Here you go

http://www.brca-southeast.co.uk/faversham.htm

Andy

Hog
03-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Passy - if you get stuck call me on 07999 623343 and I'll guide you to the track.

David Church
04-06-2008, 05:31 AM
let's hope the weather is nice for Sunday!!! Some rain on sat but sunday looking like its gonna be sunny:thumbsup:

abray
04-06-2008, 06:00 PM
looking forward to it guys. see you all there!

niggs98
04-06-2008, 06:04 PM
same here. looking forward to it. might even have a new toy to play with for the day ;)

Hog
04-06-2008, 11:59 PM
After tonight's club meeting we have 38 confirmed drivers for Sunday purely from our own driver base - and this rises into the 40's with the "possibles".

Keep everything crossed for good weather as it's going to be a great days racing for everyone!

niggs98
09-06-2008, 06:57 AM
hiya all just a quick one to say thanks to all at faversham for a great days racing. track was superb with being technical enough for the top boys but still easy enough for the begineers so well done to all those who put in the effort to get it all sorted for the weekend. + well done to the local lads who made the A final as well (neil gavin, hog and dave crew)

Hog
09-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks Nathan - it's always nice to get positive feedback, or even constructive criticism! Yesterday went pretty smoothly - no computer hiccups apart from someone unplugging the mains supply in the hall....

Even the weather gods were on our side after rain during the week.

It was nice the see some of our junior members having their first crack at outside racing. It's great experience for them and will only help to improve their r/c racing skills. It makes us proud at FORCC that we can cater for all abilities and allow everyone to go home happy having had a good day's racing.

A big thanks to everyone who supported FORCC yesterday, and to anyone who helped set up or dismantle the circuit - those ropes are bloody heavy!

Hog
10-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Did no-one else enjoy their day's racing then? Would be nice to get some other feedback as Nathan is the only one to respond so far.

Shame there weren't a few more of the regional series drivers. FORCC drivers made up more than 80% of those present on the day.

B&H Racing
10-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi Hog, Yes mate very enjoyable as always :)

Would of liked to race more than 2 whole corners with my 4wd car.

But really enjoyed racing the X6, great to see enough people racing, to go down to an E-final.

Thanks Faversham :thumbsup:

Hog
10-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Would of liked to race more than 2 whole corners with my 4wd car.

That's what happens when you don't "keep your thumbs in" on a Wednesday night mate :p - but I know your circumstances and it's a shame you can't make it on Wednesdays anymore. That corner of the pit area is a little bare.......

Thanks for your response Brett - good to know you had a good day regardless of blowing the transmission on your 4WD.

Gnarly Old Dog
10-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Likewise - Had a great day but have been off-line and unable to comment until now.:(
Liked the use of the banking but (constructively), would like shorter grass if possible next time???

Enjoyed myself thoroughly - shame the 4WD broke in the 2nd leg but the X-6 wasn't too shabby and so I'm looking forward to returning for the 2WD soon.

For me though - the best bit, and the bit that the club should be the proudest of was heat 1. Full of young, enthusiastic club racers - they are the lifeblood and need nurturing and looking after. Well done to FORCC for giving them the opportunity to express themselves and have fun alongside the otherwise depleting number of regional / national drivers in the area.

Well done guys - and thank you.

Hog
10-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for your input Gnarly.

Reason the grass was left a little longer this time was to try and ensure a constant level of grip throughout the day. In previous events we've started the day billiard table smooth and by the end of qualifying (if not sooner) the grass is all gone and we're racing on dirt. As you'll have seen in one or 2 places this happened anyway but overall the track stayed in better condition.

We're very proud of our driver base - Wednesday club nights see a regular 30+ drivers - not bad for a weeknight. And we're happy to be able to cater for all ages and abilities - we have some very good second generation racers coming through the ranks :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed your day and we look forward to having you back soon.

David Church
10-06-2008, 06:49 PM
I enjoyed the days racing. Found it very tough to keep up the fast pace!!!

It was nice to see the kids, some even came over to see my car, I happily showed it to them, explaining what it was, the AC B-44 conversion.
I would really like to see a big entry to the next round, maybe even see a few come to EPR:thumbsup:

Thanks to all involved in running this meeting, I very much appreciate it:thumbsup:

Ebordraw
10-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Sorry Team Wardrobe didn't make it but planning a return this sunday so be afraid.

Andy

Mutant
10-06-2008, 10:48 PM
The grass was as short as our mowers would go, except for the bank which was a real bugger to mow when it was damp :drool:

In the past we have been lucky enough not to have to resort to rotary hand mowers :woot:

I had a great day, thanks everybody! espically no5 in the B final, great final leg!

Tractor Boy
13-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Tractor boy done bad again anybody know where i can buy some talent.