PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox rebuild & Bearing replacement

Kelk
09-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Hi guys

I've rebuilt my gearbox as for ages my 22 has had a horrible click and stiction in the drivetrain. It's not a grain of sand between the pinion and spur as it still does it even when they aren't connected :(

I've rebuilt the diff with new parts and that's a lot smoother for a start. Anyway I have identified the issue is between the last internal gear and the shaft that the spur gear sits on.

I've cleaned the gears, re-lubed with grease, removed all other parts and just spun the gears by hand and still it has a distinct point at which it "sticks" or feels notchy. Spinning it quickly by hand and it still clicks.

Anyway I'm going to replace the shaft, and the gears. But it comes it the bearings just in case the issue is there. I need 6 Losi 5x10x4 bearings which will be more expensive than 10 Answer RC of the same size. The only difference being the Losi are shielded on both sides and the Answer is only shielded on one.

Will the Answer's fit?
Will there be any pros or cons to it except cost price?

Cheers guys

jlucas
10-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Richard at apex does tubes of 10 thats all i use for anything that accepts a 5x10x4 bearing. Never ever had any issues with them never had one collapse plus they are normally used on the clutch bell on an 8th rally cross buggy and if they can handle the high speeds they spin at then an electric car gear box shouldnt be an issue.

Hth
James

Kelk
11-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Cheers James :)