PDA

View Full Version : 2wd and 4wd classes

cr1tch
15-10-2012, 12:43 AM
How many of you buggie guy would be interested in two sepertate classes ie 2wd and 4wd - meaning the 2wd race with the 2wd, and the same goes for 4wd

Their should be two classes again a 2wd and a 4wd, I have never know at any other club to have the two types of cars running in the same heats, this don't happen at national level.

The issue here is how the computer system is set up.... The classes used to be called buggies so any driver that booked in a buggie could be in any heat on matter what ability level how ever as I have said above have two sepertate classes.

Happy to hear you opinions

Dan Critchley

jenski
15-10-2012, 08:41 AM
I would prefer to run separate 2&4, but I seem to hold my own against the 4wds normally.

funkygrump81
15-10-2012, 08:50 AM
The issue has been raised many times , it all comes down too time and ability if you split 2wd and 4wd at ribble you get too much variation in ability in the higher heats , as for time ribble is limited too how many heats it can run in a night splitting the classes often means more heats due too mixed abilitys n numbers in each etc etc it works as it is i run 2wd and most of time im in top 5 even with all the 4wd hope this has answered your question

RadioRacers
15-10-2012, 09:26 AM
It's now a split championship but still running mixed 4WD & 2WD in the races. This as Wayne said is just to aid in actually creating a race where you're not lapping someone 10 times, creating more accidents, frustration and breakages.

ericd2477
15-10-2012, 11:34 AM
:cry:Hi All, Time and numbers is the problem as most people will appreciate. I am a little confused as to why a regular Mardave racer is trying to wind up the Buggy Racers !
Eric Dunn