PDA

View Full Version : Saturday afternoon club racing.

ianholt
15-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Tuesday evening club night has died off recently and we are still getting no response regarding the indoor venue, so the decision has been made to run on a Saturday afternoon until further notice. :thumbsup:
We will be racing from 1pm until 4pm (ish) and it will be 3 heats and finals.
First day is Sat 27/10/12.
We will try to accomodate all classes and we will be running to a strict schedule.
A rota will be drawn up stating who will be running the meeting so anybody with race control experience please put your name forward.

So, you have got almost 2 weeks to tweak, set up and charage up ready for it.:confused:

Thanks all.

ianholt
15-10-2012, 07:37 PM
I would like to ask you all to spread the word about this. Saturday is a great day for racing, setup and testing for the Sunday racers and it does'nt get in the way of family day for us parents!
Looking forward to it.

tc2k
15-10-2012, 08:07 PM
sent u a pm bud

ianholt
03-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Lewis and Phil at A1 Hobbies have come up with the idea of running a Saturday race day at the shop. It would be on road with some small removable jumps so you can run almost anything. Touring cars, Micro’s, SCT’s, Buggy’s etc could be accommodated. I went to Newark last Friday evening and it was great fun racing on concrete with a 2wd SCT and even managed to beat some touring cars! I was running a set of kit tires that worked really well but I know that proper on road SCT tires are in stock.
It could maybe be ran as an open day for the shop with some demo models on the go, Christmas is fast approaching so it would be good to do it at the end of November. It but would need to be publicised properly to get plenty of people there. Maybe get the Newark racers involved?
What do you all think? Any suggestions?

Hpi_guy
03-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Sounds like a good idea, will attract more numbers and suit all classes, we could even see our friend with the lrp

ianholt
07-11-2012, 08:41 PM
This Sat (10/11/12) is looking like sunny intervals, anybody racing?

reg
07-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Id love to come and do some on road,but i work saturdays:bored:

ianholt
08-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Id love to come and do some on road,but i work saturdays:bored:
Ok Reg, will be at the outdoor track this week but will be organising a on road day soon.

reg
08-11-2012, 07:25 AM
That was ment to be a :cry: face,not a :bored:,:blush:
Cool ill keep an eye out for that:)

university_dave
08-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Fingers crossed I'll be along - I've got some new parts that need testing!!!

What time will gates be open from?

spyro
10-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Ian's opening up from 12:45 today

Cheers

Chris

tc2k
11-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Just wondering if anyone can help, was planning on coming down for my first time last weekend but work/time off dictated not which was ok as it looks like it was called off. Just wondering what the situation regarding practice durin week is as i hve no free weekends for the next couple of weeks to make my first appearance
Thanks

spyro
11-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Just wondering if anyone can help, was planning on coming down for my first time last weekend but work/time off dictated not which was ok as it looks like it was called off. Just wondering what the situation regarding practice durin week is as i hve no free weekends for the next couple of weeks to make my first appearance
Thanks

Hi Club membership gives full access to the track for practice when you like.

When are you thinking or coming down? I'm sure we can sort something out.

tc2k
11-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Im on days this week so it would be after 6. Im happy to sign up as a member just cant do saturdays for the next few weeks

ianholt
12-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Saturday racing does not seem to be working very well for alot of people so keep an eye on this to see if it changes!